Notices

I got the message(from my body)

Old 01-15-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got the message(from my body)

My body told me on December 31 to stop taking hydrocodone.
i was having what i thought was a pain radiating from my stomach to my heart. I beleive it was my organs that have been severly hurt. i was taking 10-15 10/325 a day for a yr. I know i did some damage to my organs. Ive been weening off this drug and im now down to 4 a day. I know this is the hard way to do it, but i really have no other alternative at this time. Anyways. My face is puffy all day long, one side of my face droops down just a little(right side) I have pain all thru the gut area. I have been to the doc and i will go back again this week. I tell you this story because i dont want someone else to damage theyre body the way i have done. If you do this drug plse consider stopping while the stopping is good. Just like most everyone here, I had a valid excuse to take these drugs for a condition i have but they took control of my life and now it may have scarred my body externally and internally. Plse keep me in mind as you pray for people. I just hope i can recover to the point that i am relatively healthy again. Thank you for reading!
hl2man
Old 01-15-2005, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

(((hl2man)))

I'll pray for your return to good health. Thanks for sharing. Please post again with your first name. Meanwhile, God knows who you are. And you pray too!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you hector.
Paul is the name, i will do the same
Old 01-16-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Paul,
Thank you for posting. Please do see your doctor. You have made a great stride in your road to recovery. Prayers are sent up for you.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Paul)))I always gotta say hi to a fellow Texan. I was born and raised in Texas myself (Dallas) Welcome to SoberRecovery.This is a great place.Best on the net as far as I'm concerned.I look forward to reading more of your posts.And I will pray you have a healthy recovery. Michael
Old 01-16-2005, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome! Congrats to you on finding the way out. Keep in touch with your doctors and I'll pray your health is restored. Alway's good to see another texan! I'm from El Paso.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job cutting back. I had taken hydrocodone and just about any other pharmaceutical for about 15 years....I know your body may feel like crap but it might not be as bad as you think. I stopped using about 3 weeks ago and stopped cold turkey and I was taking about 50 to 60 pills a day for 15 years. My heart stopped a month ago and I woke up on a vent in ICU. I have a great husband and 2 wonderful little ones a 2 yr old and 5 yr old. It scared me straight and I basically detoxed in ICU. I got a little morphine but once I had the vent out and could speak I asked for no more pain meds. I worked in pharmacy and know alot of Dr that would easily call in anything i wanted. I still work in pharmacy but I no longer work around drugs..I have made huge steps to make sure this time I will not relapse. You may be weening off but just be sure not to keep anything around and I think if you stopped today you would jones but it is at a safe level to quit. I would have your Dr check your liver enzymes and other enzyme levels..I hope you are being honest with him. He can help you alot. I also started taking vitamins it helped me I think my mind was so mixed up that popping those vitamins seemed to curb the craving. Like quitting smoking you gotta find something to do with your hands. I know this is gonna be hard and I still struggle with it. keep posting and if you need to talk private PM me. I am in your boat as are many others. Get your body healthy and your mind. It will take a little while before your brain gets balanced but you can get it all back now that you made this choice......you are in my prayers and thank your body for saving your life by not using. My face still gets puffy and my right eye swells up for no reason. that will pass too. it is the body again repairing itself. hydrocodone supresses alot of areas like bladder and bowel too so it is all very common to retain fluid. give it time...i wish you well and again good job. oh and i am not a texan but have some roots there, I am a Califronia transplant in Missouri......I love it here...going to visit Cali in a month and will visit some family in Texas this spring....
Old 01-16-2005, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome and thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to knowing you.
indigo
Old 01-16-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank you everyone.
Im cutting it down to 2 tomorrow. I know this procedure by now. Everytime i cut down the dosage, i get a couple days bad sleep but then everything is good or managable. this whole process has taken 16 days so far to go from 15 a day to 2 tomorrow. IM ALMOST THERE! Now if my left side would just stop hurting and heal!