Notices

Gotta stop the pot

Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Gotta stop the pot

Hi everyone. Yesterday I gave up marijuana, but I'm "jonesing" like hell for some weed. I've been smoking dope regularly since I was 13. Now I'm 31 and its time to grow up. It has made me a lying fool. I lie so much to hide it that it has become a way of life. NOT COOL! My husband is in full support of me (always has been) but I know its not enough. I got rid of everything smoke related I could find. But what about in a week when I come across something? And why do I keep feeling like crying? My stomach hurts and I'm cold (even though the house is at 70 degrees!) I've tried to quite before, just to punk out and smoke again. I want to WIN this time. Please, please, someone give me some advice! I cant do this alone. This sucks! HELP!!!!!!!
Sincerely, Stephanie
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

welcome Steohanie!

You have found a great place for help and support.It is tough to give up something we have depended on so long.I support your decision to quit.Keep moving a muscle cahnging a thought and posting here.You can do it and will be glad you did.Bless,TrishNarcotics Anonymous Official Homepage
http://www.na.org/
The Marijuana Anonymous
http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org Click on those links for more help.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome Steph, we're glad your here.
So often I see those who come along and don't believe we can get addicted to pot, the "safe" drug. I am glad you are here to share your experiance as an addicted marijuana user. You've already helped a few I'm sure realize this is a real issue and many like you are out there. Check out Marijuana Anonymous for additional support. There is a link in our Links and Resources forum. Be strong, you can do this!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Stephanie,
Wanting to stop is the first step towards stopping. Keep posting!
indigo
Old 01-12-2005, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I choose to live

No $**T My name is Stefanie too and just like you I also starded smoking pot at the age of 13 and I'm 31 now too and want to Quit too...(don't tell me you where born in April)...Today I smoked my last joint and got rid too of all the things that could remind me of the weed...My main problem is the booz...But if I don't drink I start to smoke pot..My boyfriend supports me too but in a way I have to do it on my own...I'm very glad you wrote this thread..Becos now I don't feel so alone...Like you said that you have a stomach...I've got some bad sideeffects too (even after a few hours not smoking a joint)..I start too feel depresed and nerveus and in a way I'm making in my mind up to get tomorow...But I don't want too...And I will not do it...even if I have to be 24 hours on SR...The last days I wrote all around the forum bout my intenention to stop...If you want to you can take a look at the Narcotics Anonymous forum..There you will find some threads of mine bout the pot...I hope I meet you again one of these days and that we both stay sober and feel better...Love from $tef@nie...
Old 01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stephanie, way happy to see you here posting! I started smoking at 15, quit at 45.

Can WAY relate to what Chy said, addicted to the "SAFE" DRUG.

YA, LMAO......

For me, there is NO way I could have stayed sober, if I did get involved in AA.......pretty much the same as NA or MA, perhaps some would argue not.

But the support, and program is very similiar. Go and see, then make your OWN decision.

T
Old 01-13-2005, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Steph! So glad to hear from you. I must say, I said a prayer in the shower this morning. Man has my body felt better today. Not cured by any means, but yesterday was really rough. Lots of tears. I had to tell my friend I couldnt come over to day(she's a pot smoker) I felt kind of bad, but if she's gonna smoke, we cant hang out anymore!! I guess its time for new friends! Any chance your from Colorado? I could use a sober friend!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
one of many

I don't really like talking about specific drugs, but my DOC rarely comes up so I have to chime in. Marijuana was always the drug I came back to time and time again, no matter how many other substances I put into my body through the years. Some druggies are so burnt out they don't even consider it a drug. It's "natural dude... it comes from the earth", yeah so does cocaine, and morphine, they all come from a plant that comes from the earth, does that make them ok too? Of course not, it's just more denial in action.

2stoned2long I'm rooting for you 110 percent. There's not much to the physical withdrawl, but psychologically cannabis is about as addictive as it can get. I think it's because it is more acceptable than the other drugs. It's not perceived as a real threat, but the people who struggle with it everyday know the hell this drug can wreak. The real truth however is that we are addicts no matter what our poison was. We have similar personalities and thought processes. I can relate to an addict more closely than to people in my own family.

I'd like to welcome you to the SR community! and from one former pothead to another I suggest you check out Narcotics Anonymous, if you are serious about staying clean this time.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hello, Steph. I, too, am a recovering marijuana addict. I am also an alcoholic, but when it came down to it, in the short term, it was easier for me to give up the drink. I had NO IDEA how difficult it would be to give up pot. I had to admit myself to a residential treatment center to do it. Marijuana IS physically addicted. Many people don't understand that. The original studies which said it wasn't were conducted about 30 years ago, and pot was a lot weaker then. The potency of the stuff we get now is about 150% stronger. From my own experience, I can tell you life is so much better without it. I have almost 11 months clean and sober and I cannot believe the differences in my life, my thinking, and my reactions to life. I highly suggest finding some kind of support group. I go to AA because alcohol is my main problem, but I know many marijuana addicts who have found help in NA. I could not have stayed stopped with out the support I have found with the friends I have made in AA and through my treatment. Best of luck to you. Keep posting. And hang in there---
Old 01-14-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I choose to live

And remember...Steph...If they can do it.....We can do it...
missing a lot of sleep but I know it's gettin' better...Love From $tef@nie...
Old 01-15-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Hell of a test!!!

So it's my 3 sober day and I needed to walk with the dog of an old lady...(like I do every week)...I was sitting on a sqaure ....Who comes by...Guess 3 times...MY DEALER...Hello Stefanie...Hello jack...Never met him unless I called him...Tought to myself just let him pass it's just a test...Went to bring the dog home...who do I see there crossing the street...Yes another girl I used to buy from...She also saw me...Hello Stefanie...Hello Rita...I thought let her pass...You don't have no money on your pocket...And Stephanie of SR ain't smoking now either...And things like you don't need to blow to feel good..Later on I went to eat a pancake with the old lady..We pass a bar were I used to come who is sitting there at a table...Again that dealer...Can you imagine never saw those people unless I called them...Well whatever it may be...I passed the test...And I'm proud of it! Love from $tef@nie...
Old 01-15-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
one of many

Stephanie I'm so friggin proud of you. It takes a whole lot of strenghth and determination to do what you did today. There was a time in my life when I had a drug dealer living on both sides of me and upstairs. Not only was I a prisoner trapped in my own mind, I had all the dope in the world to kill myself with. The cleaner I get the more I begin to despise dealers. They're addicts themselves but they exploit other addicts so they can fuel their own addiction.

Chris
Old 01-15-2005, 11:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Thanks bigfoot..Your reply makes me hold on for a thousand more years...It realy cheered me up..and yes indeed maybe I needed that... a little tap on the shoulder..Love from $tef@nie...
Old 11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Angry I feel the erge right now to get stoned!!

Damn I can relate I want to stop because Iam emotionally a wreak and cant seem to function with my Children, I want my husband to get a grip on his alcohol addiction but cant seem to quit my own,I blame it on him on why I use. he has made me a emotional time bomb and I feel like I need to smoke to controll the emotional stress in my life!!! My body hurts from all the stress of living with AH and smoking helps my physical pain tooo!!! I need some help.