Notices

Newbie Saying Hello

Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Newbie Saying Hello

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all. This place is great and thanks to all the mods and you guys. I appreciate the warmth that I have read in the threads and want everyone to know I will contribute as I can in anyway to help others. I crashed--bottomed out--on 12/30. Got so drunk that I decided it was a good idea to want to sleep outside (30 degrees) and I thought "Well if you make it through the night..god wants you to stop drinking" and there I was in a blanket outside in the backyard....How pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I passed out and thanks to a friend I am able to sit here and write to you great people....Well it has been 7 days of sobriety (most in probably 10 years)....and I am greatfull for the second chance....
I have one question that I need to know....I have been exhausted since...first 4 nights hardly slept (couldn't) last few nights seems like I am REM sleep most of the time...real lucid dreams...I mean snooze the alarm for 10 minutes and I am slam back into REM with lucid dreams that seem to go on for an hour and not 10 minutes.....Anyone experience this....what is my body telling me?? How long will this exhaustion last? Any input would be great....

Well thanks for having me and I will be here for you too.....

Sincerely----Alex
Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Glad you got in! Looking forward to seeing you often! Welcome to SR!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Alex and welcome aboard... sounds like you are lucky to be alive.
I am glad you made it and are here to share the road to recovery with us.
What you are experiencing is very normal, when we are drinking we usually do not remember our dreams, so it is weird to actually start remembering them.
Our bodies need time to recover from our abuse so try to be patient and take good care of yourself.
There are many posts, past and present that contain a wealth of information on the process of getting sober and helpful hints to getting healthy again.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Alex,
Welcome. The sleep will get better; just takes time.

Jen