Notices

Hi, New here!

Old 01-06-2005, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, New here!

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie here, just now starting to really reach out for help with my alcohol addiction. I went for most of last week not drinking, but fell of the wagon hard Mon-Wed. My hangover is starting to go away, but I'm realizing I just can't do this alone.

I'm going to be attending my first AA meeting tomorrow morning at 7:30. I'm pretty nervous about it, but I need so much to know that I'm not the only one going through this. Wish me luck!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I do wish you luck and everyone in here will be doing the same. Glad you're here. Admitting is the key to getting well. many people die not admitting to it. There are many people in here willing to help you. Good move going to a meeting.

Chris
Old 01-06-2005, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Hi Steppeson, and welcome to SoberRecovery!
You are most definitely not alone. And you'll find that out in a large way once you pull up a chair at that meeting.
I was nervous too the first time. But here's the deal.
If you don't feel like speaking, don't. No one will force you.
But please listen. Someone will say something you need to hear.
And if this particular group isn't the one you're looking for, look for another one.
I promise that you'll find what you need.
Glad you're here!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
If you don't feel like speaking, don't. No one will force you.
But please listen. Someone will say something you need to hear.
And if this particular group isn't the one you're looking for, look for another one.
I promise that you'll find what you need.
Great advice DD! I agree. There are some good meetings out there and some bad ones. Find the ones that are good and KEEP GOING BACK. Bring the body and the mind will follow.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Steppeson I'm Joe and I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober 68 days now and have struggled for sobriety for just over a year now. AA is definetly the place to find the support an tools you need to do this ..and you can do it! ..here on SR is a great place to find support also, this is a lively and active website which has helped Me immencely with problems and just to comunicate with like minded people in recovery from alcoholism. If I can help in any way please let me know.
Keep comin back!

Joe
Old 01-06-2005, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To be continued....

Welcome!!!! I'm new here too and in the beginning phase of my recovery. It can be tough but the will to want to recover will help you make it through. Best wishes for your first meeting!!!

PM me if you want another newbie to talk to okay?

Warm hugs,
Lock
Old 01-06-2005, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the advice and welcomes! I've found several meetings around town for me to go to...there must be quite a few of us out there, lol!

I'm feeling a bit yucky today, but I did get a nice nap and am cooking a good dinner for the first time this week. I love to cook and alcohol takes that away. I can't tell how many pizzas I've had to order because, come dinner time, I was too drunk to cook.