Notices

My Life IS Unmanageable!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Life IS Unmanageable!!!!!!!

For over six months now, I've realized I had a "drinking problem." I even tried AA several times and said, "Hi, I'm an alcoholic." But I kept falling off the wagon. Why? Because I couldn't figure out that my life was unmanageable.
What finally hit home to me was the other night, my husband and I were having an argument and he said, "Well, you've done absolutely NOTHING with your life for the past two years!" And it's true. I really haven't. Having an unmanageable life doesn't mean that you're juggling three jobs, a pack of kids, a husband, etc., all while drinking to cope. My life is unmanageable because I haven't done anything worthwhile in over two years because I rapidly went down that drunken spiral of alcoholism. I can't believe how quickly I became addicted and powerless over alcohol. Maybe after going to several more meetings, I'll learn more about my lovely little disease. In the meantime, here's to two days sober!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations and welcome to SR!
You will meet so many new friends here, wise, wonderful, loving and supportive!
Keep coming back!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Lilalkie,

Welcome. "Unmanageable" in the context of the first step can mean different things to each of us while at the same time meaning exactly the same thing: Alcohol is keeping us from realizing our full potential as human beings.

For myself, I was so busy losing the battle of fighting to stay in the same place while drinking more and more that actually learning anything new and improving my real self was just not even possible.

Remember that there are two parts to the first step. It's not enough to realize your life is unmanageable, you to accept that you are powerless to do anything about it as long as alcohol is part of the equation.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Old 01-05-2005, 02:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

welcome i do hope you keep posting and get to know us
indigo
Old 01-05-2005, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi lilalkie im very new to sr but your message touched me and i felt i had to replie i only found the courage to talk yeasterday but i understand your troubles and found some wonderful people here yesterday who offered me surport i wish you loads of luck and faith in your self im probley at the same place you are right now ,and as i said yesterday in my thread i know when i started drinking i just dont know when im going to stop but im going to try ! my thoughts are with you
Old 01-05-2005, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lil,

I was shocked too to see how quickly I became an alcoholic. And my life was definitely unmanageable because as time went on, I only cared about drinking and little else. I'm glad you've joined us!

Love, Anna