Notices

Did I Fall Off The Wagon???

Old 01-04-2005, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did I Fall Off The Wagon???

I am curious, I have done excellent without pain meds since the day after thanksgiving, I even told the person who helped me get hooked that I was no longer involved with that and I couldnt hang with her anymore.

But, a week ago I was in a lot of pain, a pain I cant describe to you. I finally gave in and took two pills to help the pain go away. Nothing more since then and I dont crave it. But I feel so guilty and I dont know if what I did was wrong. Did I fall off the wagon, or did I do the right thing by having my husband monitor me?

Does anyone know?
Thanks
Debby
Old 01-04-2005, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Debby,

If That's The Case No One In Here Better Take An Aspirin. There's A Difference In Easing Pain And Taking Meds Or Alcohol To Mask Emotional Pain. For Years I Wouldn't Even Take An Aspirin. I Stuck My Finger In A Blender And Chopped The Tip Off. I Did Take Some Pain Pils For It. I Did The Recomended Dose. {lol Please Don't Ask About The Blender } Duh
You're Doing Good Girl Keep It Up

Chris
Old 01-04-2005, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Chris, Can we ask about the FINGER?????
Cindy.

PS, Debby,
Guilt sucks......I find you Not guilty, If that helps...
Hugs Cindy
Old 01-04-2005, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Okay, off subject, I can't help myself.
One time I had cooked pumpkin cubes and put them in the blender to make a puree.
Well, it just wasn't happening fast enough, so I used a table knife to try to help it out.
Want to know what happened when the blades hit the knife.
That pumpkin puree exploded, went up my nose! That much force! All over the kitchen.
Don't mess around with blenders.
hahahahaha
sorry about your finger, I don't want to know, I think it would be gorey.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Debbie,

I believe there is a big difference between taking pain medications for the purpose for which they were prescribed and taking them for the buzz or to avoid dealing with life on life's terms. I'd say you didn't fall off the wagon.

But... your guilt is telling you something here. As addicts we walk a fine line when we take medication for legitimate purposes. Have you talked to your doctor honestly about your problems with abusing the medication?

I guess this is one time I'm lucky because there is no legitimate purpose for me to consume alcohol.

One Love, One Heart, Jah Bless
Old 01-05-2005, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Debby,

You've gotten good advice. Many of us need medication for pain at some time during our lives. Be vigilant and careful, but take care of yourself.

Anna
Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

debby in the short time i have known you... you have really inproved!! your doing great! did you fall off the wagon... i dont think so... if you had to have surgery and had meds... would you consider that falling off so no this wouldnt be any different its when you take it to the next level! and having your husband watch you is great news!! that even proves your making an effort to get clean and sober!! i'm so proud of you!! drop me a line online when you come back on i miss talking to you girly!!!

Heidi
Old 01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just from my own experience and what i have ehard in the rooms in my area, if you have a good reason to take them, take them. Have someone monitor them for you. Pain can be a big trigger for some people. And I would rather take meds and be monitored than end up going back to the booze to aleviate the pain. Cause I know where that would lead me. I would not want to go that route again.