Notices

fighting the cravings

Old 12-29-2004, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fighting the cravings

Wow, when they say this disease is cunning, baffling and powerful, it should never be taken lightly. I want to smoke a joint so bad today. I know in my heart, and from past experience, that this will not help me in any way. It will just be a matter of time before I am drinking and once that happens, I will be back on crack. I don't want that. Not even close. I have tried to call my sponsor, but she is not home. I am meeting a few people at the meeting at 7 30. I don't know any dealers any more, thank God, and have no money in my pocket. These things do help. I am coming up on 8 months Saturday and by no means do I want to throw that away. I needed to tell on my disease, and here I am. Please keep me in your prayers. I will be here at SR until my meeting starts. This is such a great addition to the support I get from my meetings.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Sherry
Old 12-29-2004, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Thanks for sharing. My thoughts have been on a joint today too. Congrats on the 8 months, that's great. Relapse is a big bummer and I should know. I'm coming up on 60 days this time around. Thank God for no money and no dealer or I would be toast. It's good that you will be at a meeting soon, support is wonderful. Sending prayers your way. Good luck on the rest of this day.

na4today
Old 12-29-2004, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Na. Just hang on. 60 days is great. Any day that we stay clean is great, so don't give up. I'm not gonna. I will stay here til my meeting, and come here after my meeting. This too shall pass. I have gotten through this before, and I'm sure I will get through it again. I will use my tools.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sherry.You did the right thing by sharing about this.na4today,congrats on your 60 days.Im tempted to steal your avatar "my life is in his hands"
Old 12-29-2004, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
new life

Sherry
Another bump in the road? I know first hand that some worse than others!
I always look back when my life was chaos, and remember what I don't want.
You are in prayers .
TC mikee
Old 12-29-2004, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Hey Sherry!

I'm glad you came here. I hate those cravings. I don't seem to get them too much, but when I do they can hit pretty hard.

Good thing you're going to the meeting - you're doing all the right things.

Fortunately, the cravings pass.

Hang in there - you're in my prayers.

Richard
Old 12-29-2004, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your prayers. It has actually gone away, so they worked. I am still going to my meeting and will be back here later. Talk to ya'll when I get back.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((((((Sherry)))))))))))
Great Idea!
Check in when you get back home if you would.

Papa Smurf
Old 12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Hang tough, we all go through it and so long as you follow your safe checklist your going to be okay, just knowing others still go through it after long term sobriety helps make those craving day's get better. *hugs*
Old 12-29-2004, 05:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sherbear5104
Wow, when they say this disease is cunning, baffling and powerful, it should never be taken lightly.
((((Sherry))))

Man, when they hit, those cravings hit hard. I know. Good for you for posting and making the phone calls and for getting to a meeting tonight. You are using the tools. They only work if we work them.

I got hit with cravings so bad the night before Christmas that I got my sponsor out of bed. I am so polite that to me, calling someone that late is very rude. That phone did weigh 10, 000 pounds, I swear. LOL. But she was awesome. She talked me down and together we got through it. It was amazing and wonderful. She was there for me. Wow. We are all here for each other.

Thanks for posting this, Sherry. It's a great reminder of how we can get blindsided with urges and use the tools to get though it safe and sober.

hugs,

jojo
Old 12-29-2004, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sherry,

Goodonya! I know how those cravings can be. I've had my fair share in my twenty days sober.

The drug squad came to work today, and I'm pleased to report that I came up negative! Oh joy!

I wouldn't have if it weren't for this site and my meetings!

Sher.. hang in there. Thanks for sharing your cravings when you did. It reminded me of why I want to stay sober.

Love and hugs,

Lindsey
Old 12-29-2004, 06:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For those in recovery, cravings are another way your Higher Power wants to communicate with you.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Hang on Sherry. I know you have the tools to fight the cravings. You'll get through this. Keep doing what you've been doing and you'll be fine. I bet you have a great meeting tonight and hear what you needed to hear. Take care...
Old 12-29-2004, 06:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hang on Sherry! Sounds like your taking the right actions to combat those cravings. For myself, this whole New Years Eve thing is kind of tough. Everyone at work is talking about drinking, parties, ect.....

Prayers going out to you and all others struggling!
Old 12-29-2004, 06:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, I made it through! The meeting was great. I got to hang with my friends, and I even figured out why I wanted to "escape". I wasn't living in today. See, I'm going on a cruise next week. My parents, my brother, his wife, my niece and my 2 sons. The problem is with my youngest son. His father has custody of him. He told me today that if my son's teacher gives him a bad report, my son can't go. It pi$$ed me off. How dare him? Doesn't he know that my parents have spent a lot of money on this? We've been making these plans for a year now, doesn't he know he will break my son's heart? I can't worry about it, though. I have to let go and give it to God. I have to put it in his hands, and let him take care of it.
I'm so glad to have the tools I have to work through things. I'm glad I have all of you to pray for me and talk to me when it gets rough. Thank you everyone.

Sherry
Old 12-29-2004, 07:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sherry, I'm so glad that you made it through. I can see how cunning this disease is. Fortunately, the cravings do pass and we can make it through each moment and it will make us stronger. Hang in there girl! You have come so far.

Love ya,
Hope