Notices

Relapsed and DUI

Old 03-01-2024, 10:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SkyBird - How are you doing today? We care.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gymbunny7 View Post
It actually shows the difference with drinking to other addictions, you wouldn't dream of saying to a recovering drug user oh go on one shot of heroin won't hurt.
I’ve always thought this too, Bunny! It is pure madness. I guess unless someone has ‘been there’ in booze hell, they really can’t quite understand.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by Gymbunny7 View Post
Why do people say oh go one won't hurt it's madness. It actually shows the difference with drinking to other addictions, you wouldn't dream of saying to a recovering drug user oh go on one shot of heroin won't hurt. Or go on one cigarette won't kill you, it proves how alcohol isn't seen in the same light probably because lots of people drink and lots of people no they have a drink problem so drinking stays in this socially accepted category.
It does happen with other addictions as well. I quit chewing tobacco over eight years ago. I have lost count of how many friends or coworkers have said something like, "Here, have a chew, one dip wont hurt you dude." Nope, one dip wouldn't hurt me but if I took one dip I would be back to a can of skoal a day within two weeks.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Many caring people hN ere and a great support system. My first instinct after a dui was to keep drinking to forget. To somehow make it a dream that didn't happen. You've got a long road ahead filled with lawyers, court and whatever route (if) you choose for sobriety. Although it can feel like youre carrying a boulder, you have to set it down. Stand firm ON it and let it lift you towards sobriety.

I was so filled with anger, shame, regret, remorse but also extreme gratefulness. It could have been worse. Very worse. Many people are behind bars for years for it being worse. Youre not alone and although it doesn't feel like it - you CAN get through this and be better because of it. I'm sorry you're here. If stopping drinking was easy - none of us would be here.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((Skybird))) Welcome back!
Old 03-03-2024, 07:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Skybird. Check in please, we’re still thinking of you!

Badge
Old 03-11-2024, 05:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

We’re all still here for you Sky when your ready

Badge