Notices

Happy Mothers Day :)

Old 05-13-2023, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lightbulb Happy Mothers Day :)

It’s Mother’s Day in my neck of the woods today, so Happy Mother’s Day to all who celebrate it today

D

Old 05-13-2023, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am always very quiet on Mother's day, or rather, I have been. It has taken me ten years to be able to cope with this day without an abundance of tears.

God bless you, mum, and all of you wonderful mums here on SR. You are the magic that makes everything go. s ❤️
Old 05-14-2023, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always get (or I should say got) confused as Mother’s Day is in March in the UK.

My mum went in early 2020. Interestingly I was around 15 months sober then and wasn’t triggered to drink whatsoever. Long term sobriety is the best weapon to deal with stressful stuff which would’ve been a trigger before. My dad went six months before that, and I must admit to having a mini AF beer session that night.

But that’s me. I was over 50 when my mum went which is a blessing many others aren’t fortunate to get. Happy Mother’s Day all 🙂
Old 05-14-2023, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
I always get (or I should say got) confused as Mother’s Day is in March in the UK.

My mum went in early 2020. Interestingly I was around 15 months sober then and wasn’t triggered to drink whatsoever. Long term sobriety is the best weapon to deal with stressful stuff which would’ve been a trigger before. My dad went six months before that, and I must admit to having a mini AF beer session that night.

But that’s me. I was over 50 when my mum went which is a blessing many others aren’t fortunate to get. Happy Mother’s Day all 🙂
Hodd, I too was newly sober when my Mom passed just 3 months and looking back I am so relieved that it didn't trigger drinking. It was hard to lose her but like you, I am so grateful I had her well into my fifties.

My Mom was a hard core outdoor woman so was usually guiding a river trip on mother's day and out of reach. Consequently, my siblings and I usually called each other on mother's day. We still do and get an old chuckle out of the tradition.

Happy mothers' day to you all.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms and Mums--bio moms, adoptive moms, foster moms, step-moms.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

was newly sober when my Mom passed just 3 months
Wow, BeKind, you’re a lot stronger than me! In early sobriety I was counting the days (which I’m sure is common), and on day 55, I had to take my mum to hospital for quite a minor check, but it was quite a distance away and also in central london - getting a semi mobile 80+ year old to central London is as hard as it sounds!). I was inches from relapsing and if I had beers in the house, 100% certainly. As it was, I had a new addiction to AF on which I binged that day. I was lucky not to revert back to the real stuff. Looking back, I was far more stressed about that event because I was so early on in recovery. My body was crying out for a drink, and this caused most of the stress. If I had to do the same now, I doubt I’d stress about it.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Happy Mothers Day Mom (R.I.P.) You did your best to care for me. I miss seeing you light up when I could visit you, mom.
You are forever in my heart dear mom, Blessed be.