Notices

How to avoid relapses on weekends/holidays?

Old 05-07-2023, 12:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

For those of us who are retired, it seems every day is a weekend day. But I find that planning non-alcohol activities helps a lot. Going for walks to get in the 10K steps a day, weeding the garden & planting seedlings, meeting up with friends for lunch (most friends don't drink at lunch, especially those who still work).
Old 05-08-2023, 09:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I love the empty feeling. I got it for the first time about a month ago- it lasted about a day and it was wonderful. It was the feeling of no deadlines, for I had done all the things, and I could just be.

I am not making light of loneliness, I do not get lonely though. Once I realized that so many other people are hard work, I realized that being around them in small doses was plenty- maybe it is time to rethink your definition of loneliness, cerd2000. Being alone is pretty wonderful- I can do whatever I want and no one has much say in it- and little things count, like redecorating a room exactly how I want it (on the cheap, bargain hunting is a great use of time) or taking an online class (few bucks or free,) enjoying my music or a movie or cooking something new. There are many things to do- down time is a real treat, once you adjust your thinking a bit.