Notices

I am dying

Old 04-25-2023, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am dying

I can't get out of it
Old 04-25-2023, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes you can. YES you can. What's going on right now?

I totally remember feeling like death was a better solution.

Maybe go to the hospital and ask for medical help? Go to Salvation Army and ask for free rehab. Go to a church and talk. There are people all over who will help you heal. A crisis line is also an option.

Here is a list of phone numbers: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-suicidal.html (If You Are Feeling Suicidal)

Keep reading and keep talking to us. There is a way out.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Bottomed, I agree with Bimi, there is hope. It you read around you will see so many of us here (Bimi and I included) who were once in your shoes and got to live a good sober life.
There is no shame in reaching out for medical help if you need a medical detox or for psychological help if you are feeling depressed and/or suicidal. Lots of us have been there.

Hang in there ok? You might not feel it right now but you are loved and you are important.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"I Am Dying"
What do you mean by this? Physically? Emotionally? We can't help much with the physical aspects, since none of us have found a way to avoid it. But like bininiblue has done, we can offer help with emotional death, because most of us in recovery have dodged that bullet a time or two.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bottomed, we're here to help. What's going on with you?
Old 04-25-2023, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Lots of folks (myself included) have felt like this. We got better. You can, too.

Call the Dr., AA, rehab. Put the drugs/alcohol down. Drink a big glass of water. It will be ok.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Bottomed,
We are here for you. Please post more so we can understand. We want to listen to it all. No judgment here. Only support.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In February, you had 26 days and doing well. Same questions. Are you hurting physically, spiritually?

If physically, the ED has to treat you no matter what you can pay if you are in US. Payment can be later.

If mentally, same advise.

Please call 911 if you live in the U.S.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm in England. I've been to the doctor she told me to keep drinking. I've been to the hospital. They sent me away and told me don't stop drinking suddenly or I could die. Free rehab is at least 18 month wait.b Don't think I'll last that long. Last time detox myself. Terrifying hallucinations. I've lost my pot noodles. Haven't eaten 4 daysI don't know where they are. Where with me when I got sacked from my job
Old 04-25-2023, 06:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It sounds to me that you may be a case where going cold turkey is not advised, and you need supervised detox. I'm not sure how to handle that, and I'm not qualified to make that judgement. I don't think I'm allowed to make suggestions here, but I would get my name on a list and struggle with control as best I could for 18 months. I think, I would see another doctor, and at least get whatever counseling is available now.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go to your nearest emergency room hospital and check in as 5150. May not be the best solution but it will get you help today.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bottomed View Post
I'm in England. I've been to the doctor she told me to keep drinking. I've been to the hospital. They sent me away and told me don't stop drinking suddenly or I could die. Free rehab is at least 18 month wait.b Don't think I'll last that long. Last time detox myself. Terrifying hallucinations. I've lost my pot noodles. Haven't eaten 4 daysI don't know where they are. Where with me when I got sacked from my job
You quit once before.

I found it was 100% up to me whether or not I put a drink to my lips. Maybe try getting on your knees - that's where I found myself on the day I decided to quit.

In my case I did a short three day taper, no medical intervention. I had been an all day every day drinker.

Don't let the medical system beat you. Find a way regardless. In the end it is up to you. If you need rehab type help, go to AA meetings. They're free, you can go today.

Many people from the UK have gotten sober without medical help - you can find some of them in Weekenders. They will talk to you -
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2023-a.html (When the AV starts calling.....am I ready? Weekenders 21 - 24 April 2023)

You can do it.

Old 04-25-2023, 07:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Bottomed, you are going to have to go to the hospital. If you haven't eaten in 4 days you're going to get really sick.

Have you ct'd the alcohol, or are you weaning?

Whatever the case you need to see someone face to face. Who do you know?

Old 04-25-2023, 07:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

As bimini pointed out, AA is always there, everyday, almost everywhere. Even if you disagree with the program, there will be face to face support. At this time in your life, any help available should be taken advantage of.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bottomed, I agree with the other comments that you should go to a hospital. You need help if you are not eating and drinking a lot. And, of course, AA is around everywhere and could be helpful to you.
Old 04-25-2023, 10:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

There is a national alcohol helpline there that you most likely know about. The number is 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am to 8pm, weekends 11am to 4pm).

We are all here for you, dear Bottomed. ❤️
Old 04-25-2023, 10:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Bottomed I too am in the UK and know exactly how hard it is to get help and that the advice is always don't stop drinking. That then feeds into our addiction and basically leaves us stuck. I went everywhere to no avail. Eventually I stopped on my own despite what I had been told by the medical services. Hardest thing I have ever done but so worth it and an achievement like no other.

I think you need to find out if you are employed or not. If you're not then you need to apply for benefits and start sorting out some of your debt which will take some pressure off you and help you think more clearly.

I hope you keep posting and asking for support. I remember feeling so lost and alone like you. It can and will get better
Old 04-25-2023, 10:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bottomed - You have many helpful responses. I agree with getting help asap to get you through this.
You can get free and have a new life. Please let us know what's happening - we care about you.
Sending love.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you. I am not going to the hospital again. I can't leave the house. I will just have to see it through and suffer it.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Call the helpline, please.