Notices

Stupid Plan

Old 04-07-2023, 02:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Evenings are the worst by far if you were not a morning drinker. That witching hour comes along around 5pm, give or take. So get out on that bike, jog, or take a brisk walk - it will work wonders. Or just sit out and enjoy the sunset with a special non-alcoholic drink of your choice. After a few months the thoughts should diminish. Evenings just become normal events, minus the drinking - what will dinner be? What to watch on Netflix after dinner, etc. I find I am beat by 9pm and go to bed much earlier than before.

Wrt hobbies.. I have many, mostly outdoor oriented - my cycling is probably the biggest one - generally 6-8 hours/week on the bike, but I also enjoy riding the motorcycle, messing around with cameras and doing photography, and travel. Other folks love golf, or tennis, woodworking, or crafts. The list is endless - what are you passionate about?
Old 04-07-2023, 05:28 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

NOTHING and NO ONE lets you down more than alcohol. Thinking anything different is just your AV talking.

There is no "why we drink." No reasons. It's all lies and rationalizations invented by your lizard brain to convince you to drink- and it is a real challenge until you absolutely remove the possibility of drinking from your choices of behavior.

It will pass, you are so smart to put on a film and have some tea. It takes time, but it will get easier and the desire to "self-soothe" will change also. You will reflexively do healthier things and feel better. You came here to talk about it- that's HUGE. Keep going. I'm ready for that birthday!!!

Old 04-07-2023, 06:14 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overforty View Post
I didn't enjoy the walk
I won't bore you all with why - but I feel anxious and just let down by everyone.
This is why I drink there's no one I can rely on.
It's OK I'm home and not going to drink this evening - I'm going to put a film on and drink sleepy tea
Thanks for the support xx
Bummer about your sister. No matter how disappointing the day gets, a day not drinking is still a win.

That's exactly what I'm doing too - film and sleepy tea.

When you're up, it's your birthday! Hope you have a nice clear day and treat yourself to cake. ❤️
Old 04-08-2023, 04:31 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overforty View Post
I didn't enjoy the walk
I won't bore you all with why - but I feel anxious and just let down by everyone.
I'm sorry about that. I was hoping there would be some positive connection in it. But it's not a perfect world, so things don't always work out.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:58 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

How is your birthday going, @overforty ?