Notices

Anyone have any advise??

Old 12-19-2004, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone have any advise??

My boyfriend of three years, who I've been living with for 1 year, called me in the middle of the night two days ago to tell me that he's slipped and gone back to cocaine. I knew that he had a problem before we ever met but I thought it was a phase he had gone through and he was done with it. I'm not sure what I should do. I guess I'm a little naive when it comes to stuff like this. He told me that night that he's spent all his money on drugs and wasn't sure what to do. Up until now he was the most normal person I knew. For the past two days we've been walking around like nothing happened. I'm so sad. I feel like he's not the person I thought I knew. I'm not sure how long he's been doing it. If he wouldn't have called me I probably would have never known.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe he told you because he is reaching out for your support? My wife feels the same as you do right now, very sad and that she doesnt know me. We do our drugs deceitfully because we don't want to hurt those around us as we know it will upset them. I think your bf did a good thing being honest and telling you - like he said he doesnt know what to do about it. My wife had to find my weed. Talk to each other, don't act like nothing happened because he needs to know how you feel.

Try this part forum for support from others who are in your shoes perhaps too?

linky:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=23

Last edited by GrooveArmada; 12-19-2004 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added link at bottom of text
Old 12-19-2004, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Welcome to SR girlygal!
I glad you have found your way here. There are many awesome people who have walked in your shoes. They are here to help guide you along your journey.
Please do follow that link provided by Groove. It will lead you to the naranon forum. My son is the addict in my life. Many others have b/f; g/f; hubbys and wives; aunts and uncles....you get the pic.
So, come join us; read the stickys at the top of the forum and make yourself comfortable. We are all here for the same reason -- to help or get help.
I hope to see you here often as we both grow in our recovery!
Shalom!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Well, you are right. He isn't the person you knew. Just because he has an addiction doesn't negate everything that is true of him, though. Do keep in mind that as you grow out of your naivete', you are always free to walk away. You didn't cause this and you may not be able to fix it. Take it very seriously. If you look over at the Family and Friends forum, you will see what it's like to be hooked up with an addict - it may be a life you aren't up for, and you do have a choice, girl.