# 61 (permalink)  

That is great to hear, Robbie. ❤️
Old 03-04-2023, 12:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Awesome Robbie!
Old 03-04-2023, 12:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
CBS, 115 sober weekends sounds excellent!

MesaMan, Morro Bay is another place I'd not previously heard of but it looks very scenic. Enjoy your trip.

I'm happy to report that I went for an hour long walk this morning with no problems. It's the first time I've walked for that long since last summer, the various heart related health problems I've had since then having put paid to my usual Saturday morning walks. Today I had no breathlessness or chest pains or anxiety or anything else. I enjoyed being able to walk without any problems.
Great news, Robbie!
Old 03-04-2023, 01:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It was a nice day but it started raining hard a while ago. Guess I'll take Billie out on the porch potty today so she won't get wet.

I laid down a while ago to take a nap but the itching was too bad to fall asleep.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, that’s good news on your walking. I can see some lovely spring walks on the horizon.

MesaMan, enjoy your trip with MesaPup. Looks a lovely place.

Least, sure does sound like you may have an allergy to dust mites. And maybe other things too which will come up in tests as soon as they get your appointments sorted.

It’s early Sunday morning here. A completely different scenario to when I drank. I’m cooking dinner for my Mil later. In my drinking days I couldn’t arrange anything as I wasn’t quite sure if I’d be crashed out drunk by dinner time. What a waste. Pleased that’s behind me.

I will be here along with many others, all of us ex drunks and alcoholics. We are your scouts and can tell you what is on the trail ahead so you can be ready for any obstacles. I can tell you to come on! It is rocky and slippery but if you focus on where you place each step, you will have no trouble getting to where I am on the trail.

All of us can tell you where the potholes are, bumps in the road, and the slippery places, but we can't walk your path for you. We can only take joy as you succeed, and cheer, one and all!
Old 03-05-2023, 02:45 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sunday morning here, still dark out….same here Mags, much different scenario than when I drank….I would spend Sundays back and forth to the toilet until it was time to start drinking again…

Much better Sunday scenario: Drink coffee, play in the garden, and take naps! (and maybe a vitamin IV drip if I can stomach the traffic)
Old 03-05-2023, 02:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Same here Mags and Purps, what a sad and wasteful existence that was.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:17 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I was doing some shopping this morning and walked past one of the local pubs, this one being part of a well known chain of pubs in the UK. Although it was just after 10am there were a number of people inside and while not all would be drinking alcohol I'd imagine most of the people in there would have been. At one time I would have been one of the people in there, drinking and wasting my life away. I felt glad that I could walk past the entrance without feeling a need to have to go in. It's much better to have that choice.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 154 (22 weeks).

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement. I will marshal through the lack of support (in my view) from my wife. I will continue to do the next right thing going forward. I can honestly say I haven’t always done that in my life. Although I haven’t done that recently it still bothers me that that fact is a part of me. I believe that is one of the main reasons I have drank so heavily in my life- to run away from my failings. Sobriety brings clarity. I hope I can forgive myself for the wrongs and less than stellar things I have done. That weighs a lot on me.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:58 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Runnerf, as you remain sober and you can articulate things more accurately, you will see how you are not to be blamed so harshly for the things you have felt so guilty about. You must look forward in a productive way, instead of just looking backwards in a critical way. Self forgiveness is key to moving forward, as well as the letting go of resentments, which will come with sobriety and clearness of thought.
Old 03-05-2023, 04:47 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Runner, I am still working on self forgiveness but it has gotten easier/better. The middle of this month I will be at 10 months so not much further ahead of you. Cityboy and others here offer great insight and support. I fully support you as well. You got this!
Old 03-05-2023, 07:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Sunday blessings, dear friends.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:21 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Cityboy and alpine. Thanks for your support and advice. It means a lot.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

What a great opening, thank you Mags!

I already wrecked the first half of the weekend, but I will be babystepping my way through the rest of it

Runner, I can relate to your issue. I've been married for 22 years and my husband drinks. To him I'm just not as fun sober. I am not going to blame my replases on him of course, but I do think I would have had less of a struggle if I wasn't always worried about his reactions or trying more to be fun. Whether I like it or not, most of our time together has been filled with nightly drinking and it was a source of fun for us. Now my kids are 17 and 18. My nightly "fun" has been on full display for those kids while they grew up. I haven't been a good role model. I can't un-do the past. Just going to baby step my way to a healthier today and future
Old 03-05-2023, 11:08 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Magsie

GingerSnow, my drinking started off as fun and escapism from life but it soon became a necessity. Sober Baby steps give us a steady tread.

Runner you’re doing good. Having no support from your wife must be hard though you’re plowing through regardless. You’ll have strong sober muscles along with the sober tools you’re collecting at every sober victory.
Congratulations on 22 weeks.

Old 03-05-2023, 11:30 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good evening fellow Weekenders,

I'm IN for baby steps, four and a quarter years down the line! There are still a few things to tackle in sobriety that I haven't yet attempted but I'll approach them one small step at a time as with everything else that has got me here. Silly as it sounds, in early sobriety I used to reward myself for every non alcoholic beverage consumed, and every meal eaten without drink. Small steps...

So it's Sunday evening and I seem to have spent the weekend tackling admin tasks and housework but that's no great burden. Now I'm preparing for the work week ahead. My family have been sharing photos of their fabulous Sunday roasts on our message group. I didn't share my humble sausage and chips!

Anyway, very good to see some newcomers here and all the regulars clocking up milestones.

Have a great week all. Warm wishes as always, Forwards.
Old 03-05-2023, 12:13 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good to see you GingerSnow Kudos to you, Runner, and all who are even more challenged having to live with drinkers….as if there aren’t enough hurdles in the first place!

***Hitting thanks button***

Old 03-05-2023, 03:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks gingersnow, Mags1 and purps. It is harder with a drinking spouse. Mine is not alcoholic but it is hard to stay resolute with the passive pressure. Hang in there Gingersnow. Be that sober role model for your kids. I tried to hide my issues from my kids but probably didn’t do so completely. They don’t drink anywhere near what I have done. That is comforting.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

While I was trying to take a nap a while ago, Billie managed to squeeze herself thru the small entrance in the bathroom gate, meant for the cats. She got into the cat box and was munching on some cat poop. . I brushed her teeth good. Had to make the cat hole smaller so nosy Billie can't get in anymore...
Old 03-05-2023, 06:27 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

End of Day 476 - Stay strong all. Good night from Seattle.