Notices

3 weeks to a month

Old 02-23-2023, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks to a month

A little over 3 weeks. I don’t think I drank enough to have intense withdrawal symptoms… I’ve never had bad withdrawals… however I got super sick on Sunday and I tested positive for Covid. . I had over 104 fever. Fever is gone now but Covid symptoms are still there. Cough, weak body, headache. In reading up they mimic PAWS a bit. Anyone else find that to be true. I’m also feeling depressed today. Like super depressed. I use exercise as a big coping tool. I tried to walk outside today (no one was around) and I got so winded after less then a mile. I went home and was super dizzy. I moved out of state 9 months ago and while I love where I moved it made me realize that my core group of friends mean so much to me. I’m thinking of moving home. Being so sick and feeling so alone felt scary. Although I feel it’s easier to stay not drinking where I live now I miss my “tribe” of friends. I don’t feel like drinking at all. Not even a thought but I just feel so exhausted from life. I want to be in a place of thankfulness for life. But I’m in this rut… I just wanted to say it out loud
Old 02-24-2023, 04:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take it easy for a while until you feel better. Getting sick takes a lot from us and it takes a while to get it back.
Sorry you feel depressed but I believe it is normal given the circumstances.
Just try to look at the bright side of things a little more until you come around.

You are sober. You are healthy minus this temporary setback. You have friends here who support you. All good things in your life.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I felt like I had PAWS when I was recovering from COVID. Fatigue, brain fog and lethargy were awful for well over a month.

COVID might be contributing to the depression, too. It has so many unusual side-effects. Maybe, just get some outside-air and sunshine time. The ability to exercise will return.

Feel better AJ.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you AJ
Old 02-24-2023, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

AJ, I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself as you recover from Covid. I wish you peace in the decision you make about moving back home or not.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

COVID was no joke when I got it. It sounds like what you are feeling is more so attributable to COVID rather than PAWS mainly based off of you testing positive for COVID. It will pass and get better you just have to tough it out. Sorry you arent feeling well. Hang in there.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I was hoping I would test negative today but still Covid positive …. I woke up with a super fuzzy head. Lightheaded. In the afternoon it let up a bit and I cleaned my house and was able to walk 2 miles outside. I ordered groceries that got delivered. I’m trying to stay in a place of graditude …. I really am. I made an appointment with a therapist today that specializes in trauma as well as a new psychiatrist and a primary care dr appt. All of them ar e a few weeks out but all covered by my insurance so I felt good about that. I had a new client meeting today (virtual) that went well. I can’t believe I’ve had Covid for a week already. The first 3 days feel like they didn’t happen. I was so out of it with the super high fever. It feels like a dream state. Thank you to everyone for all your feedback and insight. It is especially helpful and comforting to know that some of you guys had these “weird” symptoms too. They can feel scary as they are unusual… like the brain fog. This experience makes me want to drink even less. Just feeling “off” from Covid makes me feel grossed out that I would make myself “feel off” with alcohol on purpose. If that makes sense. Thank you all again.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Bringing those doctors on board sounds like a great addition to a sober plan. Kudos.

We are here for you, AJ; please continue to lean on us.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon

D