Notices

Sobriety-A Much Better Rush - Weekenders 20 - 23 January 2023

Old 01-19-2023, 07:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tired tonight so might go to bed early. Hoping my feet won't keep me awake. At least I'm sober, which is worth everything.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:18 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders or afternoon or evening or night, depending where you are..

Welcome Tica good to see you I agree with you about not drinking. I got to the stage that I wouldn’t remember what had happened when I was drunk. So glad those days are behind me forever.

Tetra taking care of ‘me’ is most important . You can lean on us

Robbie, the bridges in Newcastle are magnificent. Thanks for the info.

MesaMan, pleased your fall wasn’t worse, though sounds painful enough. Glad nothing is broken. Beautiful view from your home. Love it.

Love to all Weekenders. xxxx
Old 01-19-2023, 10:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

End of Day 431 - Ran 7.6 kms in an hour. Feeling light, Good night from freezing Seattle.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

That’s some distance calmself! Congratulations on 431
Old 01-20-2023, 12:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

That is quite a distance calmself - almost 5 miles. I don't think I could walk that in a day let alone run it in an hour!
Old 01-20-2023, 01:56 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sending my best to all weekenders. Getting a little snow here in New England. Been a very snow free winter so far.

Tica hang in and just don’t drink now. I found that I had to get comfortable with being uncomfortable with out resorting to mood altering substances. It took a while but making sobriety my priority no matter what is working. If I am not sober in body and mind I can’t take care of external things in my life. I too got to the point of blacking out many times while drinking. Not a good condition for a lot of reasons. Don’t miss wondering what I did or said after sobering up. All here are here to support and show you the way. Visit often and share your journey, good or bad. I find it helpful to express whatever one is facing.
Old 01-20-2023, 05:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Tica, I got to that stage too, where I had drank so much that I did not remember things the next day. I can't believe I let it get to that. I am in a much better place. I had to break out of the habit of drinking. I was pretty much drinking all of the time....while cooking, sewing, cleaning, etc..My mind said drink everytime I started to do a task eventually...If that makes sense.? It was tough, but I broke out of that mindset.
Tetra, I have been working hard on the taking care of "me" mindset. You can do this
MesaMan, happy to hear you are okay
Calmself, way to go. I used to be a runner, can't do that anymore
Runner, we haven't got any snow here at all which is highly unusual.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

8 months for me today!
Old 01-20-2023, 06:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

That's awesome Alpine.
Old 01-20-2023, 07:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congratulations Alpine. Very happy for you and hope you keep finding peace and serenity in sobriety. Hope the projects are coming along.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 months Alpine
Old 01-20-2023, 09:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm IN!
I got back from my Arizona vacation last night, but my suitcase did not! I have an Apple AirTag on it, so when I got to Denver for my layover, I could see that my suitcase was still in Phoenix. Or at least, that's what the tag said. I have found them to be very accurate, so when I got to my final destination of Minneapolis, I was pretty sure I was not going to find my bag on the carousel. I went into the baggage service office, and they were able to look and see that yes, it was still in Phoenix. It had mistakenly gotten on a cart with bags bound for Dallas, but thankfully, they caught it before it got put on that plane. It's been interesting to watch its journey using the AirTag tracking. It arrived in Minneapolis this morning, and I'll go pick it up tomorrow. I know better than to pack anything "mission critical" in a checked bag. They would deliver it to me if I wanted them to, but this way, I'll get a voucher for $200 to use on future travel. It's not THAT big a deal for me to go get it. I stayed pretty calm throughout the whole thing. Right at first, when I was in Denver and realized it was still in Phoenix, I was pretty annoyed, and started to get upset, but then it occurred to me that this was one of those things that I had no control over. So I took a couple of deep breaths, and got over it. It is all working out. There's nothing in it I needed last night.

My vacation was a wonderful re-charge of my batteries. I hiked as much as I could. It rained pretty hard for most of two of the seven days I was there, so I did other kinds of sightseeing things on those days and did not hike. The other days, I clocked an average of 10 miles a day hiking. Some of the hikes were pretty difficult. But talk about those endorphins! It was just glorious to be there in the amazing scenery, moving my body and feeling strong. When I first got sober, I realized I could get that rush from walking and hiking in the woods, so I threw myself into it, and I'm still at it eight years later.

I don't have time to post any of my pictures right now (trying to get caught up at work), but this gives you an idea what the scenery is like there. It's just astonishing. And pictures do not really do it justice.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sedo...&bih=826&dpr=1

That bridge is really cool, Robbie.
I hope your projects go well, Alpine, and congrats on eight months!
Feel better soon, Tetra and Least.
Hope your shoulder continues to mend, Mesa.
Good to have you with us, Tica.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone - gotta get back to work!

Old 01-20-2023, 11:47 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Welcome back from your holiday MLD - and good to read that you are soon to be reunited with your suitcase!
Old 01-20-2023, 01:17 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. Thanks Mags! I am in for another sober weekend. Day 764 here.
Mesa man glad you are okay after that fall. What a wonderful view from your home!
MLD glad you got your suitcase back. My son and his girlfriend had their bags lost on the way to Germany. Took a couple weeks to get them back.
Robbie hope you are feeling less anxious today.
Great to see some new faces here.
Going out tonight with some old drinking buddies for dinner. I know they will be drinking wine but my sober muscles are strong. I feel we have grown apart because I think they are threatened by my sobriety or something. I will try not to judge them but I worry about all of them and their health.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:42 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello CBS

764 days is excellent. Enjoy your night out and your meal.

My anxiety isn't as bad today. I had a bit of anxiety last week then drank which sent it even higher. Today is my 7th day of sobriety and I can feel my anxiety levels beginning to ease.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:49 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks for that!
Old 01-20-2023, 02:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alpine, huge congrats on 8 months sober!! . Feels good, doesn't it.

MLD, glad you had a good time! Hope they get your bag back to you.
Old 01-20-2023, 02:59 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thank you all for opening up and responding. Where do our brains go? Why did I let myself get to that point after only 4 drinks? I can’t explain it, I shouldn’t try. Leave as it is, in the past.

I love hiking in the woods too. I had a sober hike last weekend and it was great.

An AirTag was a genius idea, that’s sober thinking. When I was arrested my bag made the flight, I didn’t and for two weeks the airline couldn’t find it. I was so ashamed to even go pick it up at my airport when it did. I literally accepted all my best clothes and shoes were gone. But a few sober hours I got it back.
Anyways, day 20 for me. Another workout then pizza sober Friday. I’ll check back in later.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey Weekenders!
I'm in for another sober one as well. I also had some anxiety issues this week, which have largely passed thankfully. I know they would be so much worse if I was still drinking.

Shout out to Alpine for 8 months!

I'll post more later just wanted to drop in and say hi.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm going to daughter and son in law's place in a while to have dinner with them. . I always enjoy their company and the food we order. . I hope my favorite restaurant is open today cause I'd love some veggie fried rice.