# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of January 2023 Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-20.html

D
Old 01-18-2023, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Let me be the first kid on the block to say Good Morning!
another day sober for me thx
Old 01-18-2023, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In for January part 2.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 14. As I mentioned in a previous post, I’m working in the office this week which is usually a major trigger for me. However, I altered my route home yesterday so I didn’t go by my usual beer stop. I also have the determination that I don’t drink anymore so yesterday actually went well. Got a decent night’s sleep and feel good today.

Plan to get in a workout on the Peloton tonight, eat a healthy dinner with the family and attend an online meeting. The last few times I’ve relapsed it has been between the 2-3 week mark. Not this time! I’m going to tell that AV to shove it if it tries to rear its ugly head.

I am excited to have made it to part 2 of this class. Our group is hitting major milestones. Let’s all keep it going!

I am committed to 24 more. I’m not picking up that 1st drink today.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-18-2023, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning, Zenith!
Hey, Runner!
Well done, Bassett! I'm proud of you for coming up with a plan. A plan is a big deal, ask Dee.
Thanks, Dee!

Had a good mtg last night. We read a story from the back of the book, "It Might Have Been Worse." It felt like I wrote it. The author talked about how he planned his drinking. How, if he didn't want people to know how much he was drinking, he would drink ahead of time, (he called it rehearsing, I called it pre-gaming) or sneak off for a shot of something, then look as if he were drinking like everyone else. I did those things. I also embarrassed my daughter, and so did he. Anyway, I got a lot out of it, if you want to read something inspiring. It's on page 382. You can read it online, just google it.

Ready to do this sober thing again, glad to be doing it with you guys.

"I was tired of letting myself and others down. So I got sober."
Old 01-18-2023, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning, SR! Thank you, Runner! Excellent job, basset! I’ve kept up working out and trying to eat healthy, I’ve lost a back roll, so I guess I can say it’s been a success.

Today is day 43 and I feel pretty good. My anxiety likes to make herself known periodically, and I feel it today. Hopefully I can shake it off

Happy Wednesday!
Old 01-18-2023, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Just a quick check-in to say “Hello!”
Proud of everyone’s progress.
Stay the course!
Old 01-18-2023, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not a native English speaker

Hi all.

Congrats on the 100 days, Bobbie!

Today marks my 17th day and it's special because that was the longest streak I manage to make last year, somewhere from mid-February until early March.
So, starting tomorrow, I'll be in a new "territory", so to speak... stretching my streak until I reach another milestone - the biggest streak I ever achieve since I accepted I'm an alcoholic. In 2020 I was sober from September until Christmas, roughly 100 and few days.

We can never let the guard down... even if we already have months under our belt. I recall a Joe Rogen's podcast where he interviewed former WWF star Jake "The Snake" Roberts that had problems with alcohol (I highly recommend wathcing it) and he told something I didn't forget - you can have 4, 5, 6 months sober, but the addiction is right there, sitting in the corner at a table smiling at you, knowing that it can get you anytime it wants.

Stay strong and healhy!
Old 01-18-2023, 07:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all, Happy Wednesday! Glad everyone is doing so well, I'm staying on the sober path and feeling good. Had a bit of anxiety this morning and felt like "checking out" of the day by just cancelling all activities and staying in bed but I made myself get up and go to the gym--so glad I did. Anxiety is less and I'm feeling good.

That seems to be a pattern with me and I'm afraid it would lead me back to a bad place so I'm not going there. Little victories.
Old 01-18-2023, 09:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!! Committing to staying sober!! Over a month now!! (43 days)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Still plotting along sober trail. Good point Sam 'I make myself' do stuff to. Good things that can help me even when my attitude is in the crapper. Ta-da new better mood as a result of 'do first, feel latter'.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Checking in real quick. Congrats Bobbie, Renegade, Sam, Oglsby, Zencat... and everyone else I am missing.

Still trudging here.

We are getting a huge amount of snow. I am working from home. It's a slow day, just taking a break and sipping on my tea. Staying grateful.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on another sober day everyone - we can do this!
D
Old 01-18-2023, 05:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 18, gloomy day here. I feel without purpose, exhausted from work, still overwhelmed with guilt, afraid to drink though. I’m questioning my goals in life. One day at a time. I have been feeling well enough to workout after work, small short home workouts but still better than nothing. I had a great sober weekend, this is just a blah day maybe?
Old 01-18-2023, 05:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

^ I'm sure brighter days are ahead, Tica.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - but try and remember that everyone has down, blah or meh days - its not necessarily a sign you're doing anything wrong, especially so early on

D
Old 01-19-2023, 02:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The really awesome part of being an ex-alcoholic is knowing what the bottom or close to it is.
Then that truly great peaceful feeling that comes after getting that garbage out of your system.
Ironically it's the best high you will ever want.

I pledge another peaceful sober day!
Old 01-19-2023, 02:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Not a native English speaker

Hi all.

Day 18 here, it's been 3 years since I've had such long streak. Last year, my personal best was 17 days.
Liver pain is still present, depending on my position.
In 18 days, I lost slightly over 1 kg, ~2 pounds. My beer belly is minimal, the abs are starting to show up. Must cotinue working out and go for long walks with the wife.
My skin looks better, I don't have dark circles around the eyes. That's because my body is more well hydrated, since alcohol does the opposite - it dries you inside.
Also, my relationship with the wife is really good, we talk, we laugh, we make love. She knows I have this problem, although we never had a serious talk about, just "you shouldn't drink that much", or "another bottle?" kind of remarks in the past. She and I know this is my best version and both love it and will keep it forever.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Quick check in. Early to work today. Hope all are doing well.

Pledging for today. Day 109.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 1. I let myself get too overwhelmed yesterday with work and anxiety about a million things. My frustration kept building all day and I went for the quick fix—a drink. I am very bad about not taking breaks or lunch at work. I become so hyper-focused on what I’m doing, I don’t want to stop and lose my momentum. My employer is very accommodating and gives us a lot of options about how we choose to organize our day so long as expectations are met. So, I’m going to try to take my breaks and take a 1 hour lunch (instead of 30 minutes) and then work 30 minutes later each day. This will give me additional time to meditate and/or take a brisk walk outside to reduce my anxiety and overwhelm. I am not giving up. I know that there is a way to for me to stop thinking that a drink will help me manage anything. I just need to keep trying whatever is suggested and see if it works for me. Thank you all for being here.