Notices

Falling down

Old 01-10-2023, 02:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Knowing where it will end is what has kept me sober for years. I stopped pretending I could ever be a social drinker.
Glad you are back to day one. Let the healing begin.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

The view from your window will transform to a vista of hope redempsean. Self loathing and anxiety will fade as the days go by, and you will be glad. And so will your dad.

I did not believe that family would find it in themselves to forgive my behaviour, but with sobriety they have. And I'm glad. . It's not easy in the beginning, but with time this changes. Be part of the change Redempsean. Be glad.

You're so worth it, and so am I. All us mob here, are.

Quit punishing yourself. Quit the grog instead. It's disgusting bloody stuff.

Old 01-13-2023, 05:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

On day 2. Cold turkey but hanging in there. About to go into an AA meeting as I realise I just can't do it alone.

I haven't been able to get past day 2 so getting through today will be a boost.

Thanks for your advice and support everyone.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Let us know how it goes. Good idea to get as much support & encouragement as possible. Day 2 is rough, but you're on your way.
Old 01-13-2023, 06:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep going, Redempsean

D
Old 01-13-2023, 07:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

How you doing Redemptsean?
Old 01-13-2023, 11:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Great to hear Redempsean. Good luck 👍.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good job mate, keep it going 👍
Old 01-14-2023, 03:01 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks guys,

Day three and going surprisingly well. Not great but I'm ok. AA meeting was really helpful and caught up with some mates I had been avoiding during relapse. Good support and SR has been really helpful.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-14-2023, 03:44 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job on Day 3, Redempsean, I'm glad you're doing okay and hopefully Day 4 will be even better.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Support from others is great to have in your back pocket if things get hard. Make sure to use it. Congrats on day 3.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Morning of day 5.

Yesterday I returned to work and there was a huge incident that needed to happen. My job is great except for 2 people who have made my life very difficult there. Yesterday morning I returned nervous, sweating and still detoxing. The bullying picked up right where it left off and I snapped. I went into my manager's office and embarrassingly broke down and told him everything and I can't work here anymore etc. I told him about my drinking and how I had 11 months up before starting this job. I told him how my treatment by 2 superiors has worn me down and I believe contributed to mental health issues and eventually drinking.

Manager was understanding and offered to move me to another department which is great but I have to finish out the week in the same department. I am sitting here before work nervous as hell. I don't want to even be there another second.

I nearly drove straight to the bottle shop after incident yesterday but went and talked to my father. I'm glad I did.

Sorry to post a long rant like this. I am really struggling. I feel horrible and this work situation is killing me. I'm praying to God to help get me through.

Thanks for listening, hope all of you have a positive sober day
Old 01-16-2023, 01:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through the day Redempsean and spoke to your father. Stay strong. You've proven that by staying sober this day when it could have been so easy to take that drink in this situation. You are doing great.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you stayed strong Sean. Don't let someone steal your peace.
Only 4 more working days this week

D
Old 01-16-2023, 01:49 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Redempsean View Post
Morning of day 5.

Yesterday I returned to work and there was a huge incident that needed to happen. My job is great except for 2 people who have made my life very difficult there. Yesterday morning I returned nervous, sweating and still detoxing. The bullying picked up right where it left off and I snapped. I went into my manager's office and embarrassingly broke down and told him everything and I can't work here anymore etc. I told him about my drinking and how I had 11 months up before starting this job. I told him how my treatment by 2 superiors has worn me down and I believe contributed to mental health issues and eventually drinking.

Manager was understanding and offered to move me to another department which is great but I have to finish out the week in the same department. I am sitting here before work nervous as hell. I don't want to even be there another second.

I nearly drove straight to the bottle shop after incident yesterday but went and talked to my father. I'm glad I did.

Sorry to post a long rant like this. I am really struggling. I feel horrible and this work situation is killing me. I'm praying to God to help get me through.

Thanks for listening, hope all of you have a positive sober day
You should be proud of yourself mate, work confrontations are never easy but you got through it. Give yourself a massive pat on the back 👍

And good work on getting another day, keep it going 💪
Old 01-16-2023, 05:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you're getting some things resolved at work. It's damaging to let it fester. It will be a whole new beginning for you.
So happy you stayed sober. You know it doesn't ever end up helping. We need to face these things with a clear head. Proud of you!
Old 01-20-2023, 05:47 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey mate, how's it going?