Notices

Newbie and need advice

Old 12-18-2004, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie and need advice

Hi my names Maria i found your board lastnight surfing the net for support to help my dh out with his alcohol problem it has been 1 week today that he quit cold turkey and so far so good but im afraid its gonna be like in the past ,he would get very upset at anything that was going on around him and he would start back drinking as if he had to have it ,
Is there any advice you guys have for me to help him not start again ?
Thanks so much !!!
Old 12-18-2004, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to Soberrecovery,all I can really say is its not up to you.Its up to him.Anyway,Im glad you found this site.The other women in Friends and families of alcolics will probably be more helpful than me.Have you tried Al-Anon meetings?
Old 12-19-2004, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
Welcome to Soberrecovery,all I can really say is its not up to you.Its up to him.Anyway,Im glad you found this site.The other women in Friends and families of alcolics will probably be more helpful than me.Have you tried Al-Anon meetings?
No we havent tried any meetings so far but thats what i was thinking
should i look into doing that or just see how things go ?
Its still been good so far !!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Worriedwife,

I think al-anon is a very good idea. There will be women there that know what you are going through, and tell you how they got through it. We also have a friends and family forum here at SoberRecovery. Why not bounce over there and read a few posts. I will say a prayer for you today at church, you've been added to my list. Take care and keep coming back.

Sherry
Old 12-19-2004, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WW,welcome back.Here is the link for AA if your husband wants to check out a meeting.http://www.theagapecenter.com/AAinUSA/Tennessee.htm And here is the same site,but an Al-anon link for yourself http://www.theagapecenter.com/AlAnoninUSA/Tennessee.htm In my opinion as a recovering addict/alcoholic.Your husband needs to do this for himself.Sober one week is great.But I believe if "nothing changes,nothing changes" Any,best of luck and keep coming back.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
WW,welcome back.Here is the link for AA if your husband wants to check out a meeting.http://www.theagapecenter.com/AAinUSA/Tennessee.htm And here is the same site,but an Al-anon link for yourself http://www.theagapecenter.com/AlAnoninUSA/Tennessee.htm In my opinion as a recovering addict/alcoholic.Your husband needs to do this for himself.Sober one week is great.But I believe if "nothing changes,nothing changes" Any,best of luck and keep coming back.
wow thank you so much for the links i didnt realize we were so close to some of these places !!!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sherbear5104
Welcome Worriedwife,

I think al-anon is a very good idea. There will be women there that know what you are going through, and tell you how they got through it. We also have a friends and family forum here at SoberRecovery. Why not bounce over there and read a few posts. I will say a prayer for you today at church, you've been added to my list. Take care and keep coming back.

Sherry
Just made my first post there Thank you
and thanks for the prayer ~hug~
Old 12-19-2004, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow,thats great news.I love this place