Notices

Soberly does it. - Weekenders 23 - 26 December 2022

Old 12-28-2022, 12:22 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Don't suppose you can pick up channel 4 in Australia .. you would need a good ariel and the wind in the right direction
Old 12-28-2022, 01:11 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Magsie

I missed it Kaily. I’ll catch up on catch up when I get the internet back. Lol.

I bet you can watch any tv program in the world at a price. Except in Lincolnshire

Still rough. Mr Mags says I seem to be on the mend. Just wish my lungs knew that. As long as I’m going the right way. I’m sure I’ll be up and about soon.
Old 12-28-2022, 02:01 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mags, sorry you're still sick. . Are you still on your rescue meds? Feel better soon!

I was asleep when the pain in my feet woke me up. The pain was worse in my big toe. It hurt terribly so I finally got out of bed. Took my med for the neuropathy and hoping I can go back to sleep and actually sleep thru the rest of the night.

My doctor wants to start me on Cymbalta for the neuropathy but he wants to get the opinion of the shrink I have a phone appt with Thursday. I don't know why the fuss about prescribing it. But I will tell the lady shrink that I'm desperate for some relief for this pain and numbness in my feet.
Old 12-28-2022, 02:48 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Did some more measurements in the house to try to figure things out. We do need furniture, couch and chair or love seat because we don't have any anymore. Mr. A was getting frustrated saying that things were going to look to cramped. I told him my idea a few times then just gave up because he kept telling me he wanted it different. We got back to the apartment and I went to bed, he comes in to show me pictures of how the previous owners had the living room..Guess what....it was the way I said we should do it. Mr. A said I like how they arranged it. Hmmmm. LOL. He has always done that. Kind of funny in a way.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least. Yes on the rescue meds still. Not too good and I think I’m a bit grumpy. I guess your doc wants to make sure the side effects aren’t worse than the illness.

Alpine, I think you put the thought in his head and he then mulled it over and when he saw the pics he agreed but forgot it was your suggestion to begin with. You do know Mars and Jupiter.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hope all are well. Tired today after 8 hours of driving yesterday. 4 hours to get to family get together then 4 hours back. Good to see everyone but evokes a lot of tough memories. Can’t say I’m totally ashamed of my life while there but I feel disconnected from my hometown when visiting. I always couldn’t wait to move away and refer to it as purgatory. I guess addiction has something to do with wanting to bury my memories.

Pledging for today. Day 87. In a don’t want to do anything mood.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:07 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Mags, sorry you're still sick. . Are you still on your rescue meds? Feel better soon!

I was asleep when the pain in my feet woke me up. The pain was worse in my big toe. It hurt terribly so I finally got out of bed. Took my med for the neuropathy and hoping I can go back to sleep and actually sleep thru the rest of the night.

My doctor wants to start me on Cymbalta for the neuropathy but he wants to get the opinion of the shrink I have a phone appt with Thursday. I don't know why the fuss about prescribing it. But I will tell the lady shrink that I'm desperate for some relief for this pain and numbness in my feet.
Did you look up Cymbalta, least? It is a serious drug prescribed for major depression as well as fybro and other things. If it were me, I would ask my doctor for an information pamphlet. s
Old 12-28-2022, 06:10 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot you don't have your catch up tv yet Mags.

Least maybe the drug is addictive so wants to check that you will be able to cope with it

Glad you got there in the end Alpine. Men
Old 12-28-2022, 06:14 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Runnerf, eight hours is a good bit of driving for one day. After nearly three years sober, I have a much better handle on those emotions involving guilt/shame/resentment/etc of family history. Most of my friends in high school talked about getting out of the small town we lived in, but most of them still live there. I live about a half hour away. It becomes a question of whether or not you want to be able to go anywhere without necessarily seeing someone you know and having to either dodge them or get stuck talking.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:33 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Trying to catch up. I really miss the like button.
(((Mags))) so sorry you are still unwell. Sending healing vibes your way.

My son and his girlfriend have been here for 4 days and are leaving tonight for Germany. It has gone by too fast. I don't get to see him much because he lives in SF. We like the new girl friend. They seem happy and are moving in together. He is 35 and I think he would really like to marry some day. His last relationship they were engaged for a while and then split up. That was only a little over a year ago. So I hope they are not rushing things.

My 3rd sober Christmas has gone pretty well. Grateful for it getting easier. And I sure don't miss the hangxiety!
Old 12-28-2022, 06:59 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Cityboy. Thanks for sharing your perspective. It is helpful to hear from others especially those similarly situated in age, addiction and experience. Wishing you a great day.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS pleased you got to see your son and his girlfriend for Christmas. Congratulations on your 3rd sober Christmas
Thanks for the healing vibes.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:48 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Suze, I googled it and found, like you, that it's a serious drug, but also good at relieving nerve pain, and that's what I desperately want - an end to this awful pain. It's ruining my sleep. I'm so sleep deprived the last week or so. . I am going to tell the lady shrink how desperate I am for relief and hope she'll give the ok. This pain is terrible. I read about it but can't find anywhere it says it's addictive so am guessing it's not.

I've been up since at least 2 am and when I tried to go back to sleep my feet started hurting and I gave up and got up.

Suze, you wouldn't want this pain in your feet.

Old 12-28-2022, 08:50 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I understand, really, and I hope they can help you, love. ❤️
Old 12-28-2022, 08:57 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Sorry to miss this - Merry Christmas!
Old 12-28-2022, 07:24 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ry-2023-a.html (New Year…New Road ~ Weekenders 30 December 2022 - 02 January 2023)