Notices

Artisan Projects

Old 12-19-2022, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Artisan Projects

Today's reading in Twenty-four Hours a Day included the following:

"I pray that I may make something good out of my life. I pray that I may be a good artisan of the materials that I have been given to use."
​​​​​
Many come to SR hurting, anxious, sick, and uncertain of their way. But, even when we are low, we still hold great promise. We still have solid, sturdy materials - excellent character traits - that may be crafted into something jaw-droppingly beautiful or immensely helpful.

My materials:
I believe God gave me an excellent work ethic, a sharp mind, an empathic understanding of others, a desire to serve, and an innate positivity.

My projects:
I want to raise awareness regarding the risks of addiction among health care professionals. I'd like to research and develop coursework for medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, and nursing students to help educate them about addiction among their patients, peers, and selves. I believe this information is of immense practical use, but I think fear and superstition often prevent discussion of the material in professional programs.

I want to raise children who understand that my love is not contingent on their performance. I want them to relax in my company because I am at peace with who they are. I want to laugh with them and help them raise their own families.

I want to bust my tail all day but stop working when I clock out. In my free time, I want to write something beautiful and difficult.

How:
Stay me. No dumbing, numbing, dulling, precious time-wasting drugs or alcohol to make me LESS than who I was made to be! It's an injustice to take precious materials and make a pile of rubbish of them. I am worth MORE when I am wholly me. I will daily pray to act according to my immense worth. I will honor my Creator by honoring myself.

What are some of the materials you have been given to use?
What do you plan to make with them?
How can you be a good artisan?

I know there is a TON of value in this crowd!