Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Sober tools for the festivities.Weekenders 16 - 19 December 2022

Notices

Sober tools for the festivities.Weekenders 16 - 19 December 2022

Old 12-16-2022, 11:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad the wine didn't eventuate Kaily

D
Old 12-16-2022, 11:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 76. Have been in Florida since Wednesday. Usually here it’s party time but the last two visits have been sober. Can’t say memories have not been tempting such as yesterday after an errand with father in law usually would visit bar but passed it by. He didn’t ask why so that made it less awkward. Wife isn’t here this time but will be in January which will be the test of both sobriety and potentially marriage. In 76 days she hasn’t mentioned not drinking once. I guess that’s her not pressuring me and allows me to continue my path. I am still concerned she pressures me again like she did after this past dry January but I have the mindset to respond that I’d be very boring if I was very sick or dead.

Best to all on your journeys.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:24 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Kaily, I'm training her to look for treats when I say "find the treat". I walk a ways from her and lay a treat down and say "find the treat" and then she gets it. Then I go in the corner and lay down a treat and again say, "find the treat". She will learn to look for treats when I say that. .

The little lamp I ordered came Thursday and it's really nice for not costing very much. . Came with an LED three way bulb. . Has an AC plug and a USB plug in the base. Pretty darn cool. . Now I have two lamps in the bedroom which is quite enough to see what I'm doing.

Going to bed now. Going to pick out frames for my new glasses today at Target, or, as ek calls it "tar zhay".
Old 12-17-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Mr. A is back home for the rest of the year..I hope. Riley pup is a pretty smart little guy and understands a lot of words.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just ordered some catnip for my kitties. . It will be delivered Monday. I had catnip and brought it with me when I moved but can't find it so just ordered some more.

Woke up at 5 am out of a sound sleep. I should go back to bed cause we're not going to Target until mid morning.

Billie is sleeping on the bed. . When I woke up she was lying beside me. . That's always a nice way to wake up.
Old 12-17-2022, 07:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Left the apt at 4 and was there about an hour, looking at frames and paying for them and ordering my new specs. . The lady said that it would be after the first of the year before they would be done. I figured that, with all the holidays coming up. I'll be glad to get them whenever I get them.

I just fed Billie a handful of those little Fruitables treats cause I used the last of the dog food this morning and the big bag ck ordered probably won't be here til Monday. It won't hurt her to get treats for food for two or three meals. She doesn't care, as long as she gets fed. . Right now she's playing with the rubber and rope tug toy. . She really needed a new toy. After all, she's only got 17 toys, poor deprived doggie. . She loves the new toy and is eagerly chewing on it and already has one of the knots in the rope circle all frayed. .

I want to know what goes thru her mind when she's playing with and chewing on her toy? I have no idea how dogs think. I told my eldest (ek) that when I got to heaven I wanted to ask God first thing if he'd make it possible for me to feel as a dog feels, just for five minutes, long enough to satisfy my curiosity. . (she stopped chewing on it and is now resting her head on the rope part of the toy. )

Old 12-17-2022, 07:33 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

least, I hope you are happy with the new glasses and that they improve your night vision
Old 12-17-2022, 11:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 77. Hope all are having a peaceful and serene weekend.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders,

I'm settling in for another Sober Sunday here. Nothing special, a few chores and a bit of useful work. I may well cook something nice for dinner. The fun bit though will be putting up my Christmas lights and decorations... All only possible in sobriety.

Did anyone else watch the Strictly final last night? The quality of the dancing was superb. Well worth catching it on BBC iPlayer.

Warm wishes to all as always. Forwards.
Old 12-18-2022, 12:50 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Laid down but could not sleep due to the itching starting up again. It had been about a week since it last bothered me. I hate lying there trying to relax and my skin starts prickling. Ugh. . I took the medicine I have for itching but so far it's not helping at all.

I am so tired and want nothing more than to sleep. .
Old 12-18-2022, 01:10 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Least hope your new glasses help when you get them. Hope the itching steps. Night night.

Forwards I missed strictly this year though I can imagine it was superb!

Going to visit my stepmum shortly and then onto my friends near the coast. Too cold for a paddle though. I’ll be home before dark though as I don’t like driving in it nowadays.

Have a good Sunday.. hope you wake up sober with no hangovers.

See you later.xxxx
Old 12-18-2022, 01:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I watched strictly, Forwards. I'm glad Hamza won, such a nice humble man who loves wildlife! Enjoy putting your decorations up.

I have just been out filling my feeders, I feel sad for the birds in this freezing weather. Although the squirrels seem to eat most of it.

Rain is expected today so potentially dangerous on top of the ice. My little cul de sac hasn't thawed at all. I'm taking the dogs out but a little worried I won't be able to get back in as going in the car.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Family Christmas party was yesterday….It’s fun for the most part, but I guess every family has at least one drama queen who has to drag others down….

Looks like we’re finally gonna have some decent weather today so I’ll be in the garden….and I’ll try not to buy more plants!
Old 12-18-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well all is quiet on my front which I am grateful for. We will spending Christmas with my MIL, her BIL, and her best friend. Luckily my sister will be out of town so we won't have to be there. This will be Mr. A's and my first Christmas with family in 26 years so I guess it's time for new traditions. It should be fine, not too worried about it.

][/url]
Old 12-18-2022, 05:22 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey all, was a sober weekend here.

I still wake up a lot of mornings and make note of how nice it is to.not be hung over.

This morning Im going to try going for a bike ride, around 22, 24 km. Will see how far I get. It's -2c but as long as the wind isn't blowing it should be ok

It's so weird how warm it is out. Like it has been above zero almost all month. It's nice but I kind of like a bit of winter. A BIT lol. Then it can go. But just to be like warm all the time seems weird.

Anyway take care all.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Got 26km in! 40 is my record but that was a couple yrs ago. 26 is highest this yr.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:56 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Finally got to sleep and woke up at 8. Fed Billie and thinking of going back to bed to sleep a bit more.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

That’s good going itsmaria! Especially I thought, in freezing weather.

Alpine so true what your pic says. ‘Things’ don’t seem as important the more years that pass.

Old 12-18-2022, 11:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Followed the FIFA World Cup final over the past few hours, edge-of-the-seat stuff.
Happy with the result
Old 12-18-2022, 12:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I was rooting for France, so, not happy with the final result but hey! It was a great game to watch!
Another sober weekend ending with great moments without any hangovers.
Have a good week Weekenders!