Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 02 - 05 December 2022

Notices

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 02 - 05 December 2022

Old 12-06-2022, 02:04 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hello weekenders!

No plans for today, no appts or anything.

I'm cold today, even turned on the heat in my apt.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:15 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Good evening, Weekenders.

I promise to catch up with the thread, but for now just need to say what a thriller of a match it was between Morocco and Spain. Being from Africa, I am of course overjoyed and proud at the result.
Am following these latest games with interest including Morocco/Spain and Portugal/Switzerland.
A break for a day or two and then the quarter-final games. Very exciting!
Old 12-06-2022, 06:10 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Son in law come over to bring some more cat food and he opened the dental additive bottle that I couldn't open. I fed Billie and pottied her and now she's lying in her little dog bed.

PT is coming tomorrow at noon. Still haven't heard from the home health nurse about coming to change my dressing. Trying to get ahold of the nurse so she can come this week. No one came last week at all and my dressing hasn't been changed in over a week.

It's cold here in California today. I turned the heat on in my apt.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:34 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Least, when I broke my wrist I got a gadget that opens tops of bottles and jars. I find it helpful on really tight and awkward ones. I wonder if it might help you too.

CaptainHaddock pleased you’re enjoying the football. I’ve not been watching this World Cup but sounds like there was some thrilling
games.

Pricing up batteries for Christmas decorations and there’s a big difference in prices if I shop around. Another good thing about the internet. Find the best prices and then go to the shop, or have it delivered.

Have a good sober day. Shout out if you want. xxxx

Old 12-07-2022, 12:46 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mags, that would likely be a very useful thing to have in the home. Tell me the name of it, or PM me a link to it. I'm interested.

Heard from the home health nurse. She is coming Thursday. . Yay!

Just woke Billie up by saying "Billie do you want a treat?" And she raised her head and stretched and shook herself and came right over to me. . They are little treats, called Fruitables and only have 8 calories each. I gave her three of them. . One for a good sit, one for being such a good girl, and one just because I love her so much.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 66. Best to all on your journey.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

You're really doing great, RunnerF!
Old 12-07-2022, 08:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Least I'm glad you have some help coming this week. Also glad you have a little friend with you.

I keep thinking about getting a dog but worried about the expense and commitment. I tried fostering but hard without a car.

Down today. Work will not be busy all month. Im too isolated I guess.

But exetcised this morning. A bit of work this aft. Make a beef stew. I make a schedule and just stick to it but aome days harder than others.

Putting up Xmas decorations Fri or Sat though. Looking forward to that.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:28 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I think a dog is a wonderful idea, dear Maria. ❤️
Old 12-07-2022, 02:07 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Itsmaria, a dog is one of the best friends you'll ever find. . The expense can be big and the commitment is ongoing, but dogs are wonderful housemates and are great company. . I don't have a car either, but I call a Lyft when I have to take her to the vet. And if you decide to get a dog, I'd recommend you get a senior dog as they are usually overlooked cause most people want puppies. . A senior dog won't be with you as long, but it's wonderful to give them a happy retirement. . I've adopted several senior dogs and it is lovely to give them a good life in their golden years.

I've had my girl Billie for over 6 yrs and I love her with all my heart. She is my soulmate in canine form. . Dogs rock! .

My PT came today. I did my exercises and he told me to not do them if it hurt to do so.

Got my social security statement today. I'll be getting a nice increase in my check starting in January. .

When son in law came over last night to bring more cat food, he said he could see the Christmas lights in my window even with the blinds mostly closed.

RunnerF, you're doing great! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:42 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2022-a.html (As the festive season looms - Weekenders 09 - 12 December 2022)