Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 02 - 05 December 2022

Notices

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 02 - 05 December 2022

Old 12-04-2022, 03:09 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Marty, big hugs and congrats to you for 8 yrs sober!! .

Finally got back to sleep and then slept quite late, didn't wake up til 1 pm.

I too am so glad I'm sober now. . No more of the embarrassing dangerous situations I used to find myself in. Now I'm clear headed and able to deal with whatever comes my way.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:27 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Will be 7 months for later this month, so I can't complain..It's a start with no end.
Old 12-04-2022, 05:16 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

congrats milestone peoples

Old 12-04-2022, 06:20 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Alpine))). Congrats on your upcoming 7 months sober!!

Just fed Billie. .

I can't accurately describe how good it feels to be sober every day. . The first thought I have when I wake up is, gosh, I'm glad to be sober and alive! .

Being sober means I take really good care of Billie and my cats, and they are my top priority.

Paid my rent yesterday, The due date is the first of the month and I asked them if my due date could be the third, so I wouldn't always be two days late, but they said no.
Old 12-04-2022, 06:58 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Magsie

Alpine good work on your upcoming 7 months!
Old 12-04-2022, 08:02 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 years Marty🎉🎈🎂!
Old 12-04-2022, 08:16 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck and son in law came over with Jodie and hung up a small string of Christmas lights on my window. . It looks really nice too, even from outside.

I am dog sitting for them this Thursday while they have to go somewhere for most of the day. They just went to the store down the street to test her out and see if she howls for ck, which she usually does. She howled once and then stopped when I talked to her and brought her over to where I was sitting. She seems fine now.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:09 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I tend to play down xmas. Not being part (not a welcome part anyway ) of a family...may go to a meeting, or go to a xmas service, but that would be more to fill in time..wait and see.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:51 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

PJ, have a small party for Roxy. . Give her special treats and give her a doggie massage, they love it. . Make it a special day all about Roxy.

I'm sorry you feel like a persona non grata with your blood family. . Are there any members you could get along with/hang with? I should think that not all of your family could be so unwelcoming.

I wish the hell you were here and I could invite you to eat with me and ck and son in law. You'd like them I know and I'm sure you'd have a good time.

Well, it's late so I'll go snuggle with Billie and then drift off to sleep.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:05 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 64. Made it through family weekend ok. Moderate drinking going on with them but no one asked why I wasn’t. Must be they think I shouldn’t be drinking.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Runnerf, day 64 is great. I think that people often have more bouncing around in their own heads than they can handle without worrying about us drinking or not.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

No big plans for Mr. A and I. We will be spending it with his Mom, uncle, and her best friend. Kind of not looking too forward to it because he and I like low key things and like it to be quiet.. Oh well. If my "lovely" sister is in town I may have to go there if invited which is the last thing we would want to do. I should also go up and visit my Mom at the snf
Old 12-05-2022, 06:28 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Alpine))). sounds like you've got plenty to do and will stay busy the whole day.

Woke up out of a sound sleep at 4 am. Wide awake and decided to just stay up since I've got to make a phone call early.

The ground outside is wet so it must be raining. I've never been in California during the rainy season/winter. It's a lot colder, gets down to the low 40s at night. Nothing like Ohio December weather tho...

When I woke up I took Billie out to the porch potty and she peed right off the bat so I'd say she knows what it's for. Also, when I ask her if she has to go potty, she heads for the bedroom (where the porch is) instead of the front door.

I'm not the only one putting up Christmas lights. Noticed when I was crossing the courtyard that lots of my neighbors in this big complex have lights up on their windows.

I've got to say, this apt complex is pretty nice. It's clean and the apts seem to be soundproofed well cause I can never hear my neighbor at all. Lots of people have dogs here. . I see all types of dogs coming and going. I always say how cute the dog is and the owner usually says thanks. A good way to introduce myself to my neighbors.

I unplugged my Christmas lights before I went to bed but when I plugged them in again, it was hard to do since it was above my line of sight so I'll just leave them plugged in now.

Had a nice visit with ck and son in law last night. They are the ones who brought the lights and put them up. They also 'practiced' leaving their little dog here as I'm going to babysit her this Thursday all day. She typically howls after they're gone and sits forlornly staring at the front door, waiting for them to come back. . But last night she only howled twice and settled down after I talked to her and brought her back to my desk and sat with her. So it will be fine. She's my little grand puppy, after all.

It is raining, quite steadily too.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:06 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I have relatives the are welcoming and I have forced myself to visit on xmas day, invariably feeling much worse when I leave. Since I did make myself do this, I can not do this- unless I want to. Been there, done that.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:25 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

PJ sounds like you're better off not visiting any family. Well, it'll just be you and Roxy then. . There's worse company for sure than a faithful pooch.

I so want to go to Walmart to pick out a nice frame and order my new glasses. . The glasses I have now are over five years old and my vision has gotten worse since I first got them.

Just fed Billie. Gave her a special supper with two bites of my beyond sausage and several bites of watermelon. . She wolfed it right down.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:58 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Least, I'm very glad your appartment place is so nice.

Alpine, if you go to your sister's on Christmas, I hope you can have a positive visit.

Old 12-06-2022, 03:38 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 65. Made through the family weekend. Work week has started off very stressful as have lost number of employees with no one to replace them.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Runner, keep focused, you CAN do this and as you know drinking will only make things worse
Old 12-06-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thanks alpine. We all know it is difficult and very worthwhile.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:00 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good evening, Weekenders.

I promise to catch up with the thread, but for now just need to say what a thriller of a match it was between Morocco and Spain. Being from Africa, I am of course overjoyed and proud at the result.

Being summer and in between work I managed to refurbish the fireplace for next winter over the course of the last three days (nothing too fancy, just a bit of rust removal and a few layers of high heat resistant paint). I hate to think of the mess I might have made had I embarked on this (even if quite enthusiastically so) at times when I was still drinking.