Notices

Back again

Old 11-15-2022, 08:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by TheAten View Post
Hello sober friend, day 3! Make sure to join me for day 4 tomorrow
This day I will promise. See you tomorrow sober buddy. (I would add smiley emoji in text but can't figure out how to do that on PC)
Old 11-15-2022, 10:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 12! I haven’t fallen asleep for nearly 24 hours now but hey, I’m sober. I hope this ends soon ☹️
Old 11-15-2022, 10:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 12 - hopefully sleep will be a little more regular soon

D
Old 11-16-2022, 05:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Day 12 (sounds like a pretty long one!). I am so very glad to say hello and good morning from the cold and snowy 60th parallel on Day 4. I hope the ole sandman pays a visit soon sober buddy (jeepers...what's going on with me in lucidity, I have not thought of nor mentioned the sandman notion in years lol)
Old 11-16-2022, 05:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northernsong;[url=tel:7874150
7874150[/url]]Hey Day 12 (sounds like a pretty long one!). I am so very glad to say hello and good morning from the cold and snowy 60th parallel on Day 4. I hope the ole sandman pays a visit soon sober buddy (jeepers...what's going on with me in lucidity, I have not thought of nor mentioned the sandman notion in years lol)
Hahaha keep going, NS, and I really enjoyed the sandman being brought up (must’ve worked as I fell asleep about 9, I’ve had about 4.5 hours). Gosh I wish it would snow more often where I live, does it look beautiful? It’s still rather mild here for the time of year and I’m on the coast so we very rarely get snow at all.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 12 is wonderful, TheAten. I was sleepless for a while in the early days. It's a big adjustment we're making, but it will get better.

Northernsong - Congrats on your Day 4 - great job.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hahaha keep going, NS, and I really enjoyed the sandman being brought up (must’ve worked as I fell asleep about 9, I’ve had about 4.5 hours). Gosh I wish it would snow more often where I live, does it look beautiful? It’s still rather mild here for the time of year and I’m on the coast so we very rarely get snow at all.
I am so glad he paid you a much needed visit! I am originally from the coast (one of the rainy ones). I like the snow up until the end of December cuz it's Christmassey until then lol. Come January 1st.. I am over it : ) See you on Day 13/Day 5. Have a super duper day.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 13, wow! I feel like a completely different person to who I was on day one. Will have breakfast and head to the gym for the first time in almost a month. Sleep not perfect but still getting better in small increments. Have a great day all.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
nez

Day 13, wow! I feel like a completely different person to who I was on day one.
Goodatcha TheAten!! Sobriety is amazing, isn't it; and so worth it! Keep on, keeping on.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nez;[url=tel:7874371
7874371[/url]]Goodatcha TheAten!! Sobriety is amazing, isn't it; and so worth it! Keep on, keeping on.
Thanks Nez! Im going to visit here every single day, for the rest of my life if needs be! Keeping close keeps me strong, hope you have a great sober day 😊
Old 11-17-2022, 05:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 13, wow! I feel like a completely different person to who I was on day one. Will have breakfast and head to the gym for the first time in almost a month. Sleep not perfect but still getting better in small increments. Have a great day all.
The gym?? Look at you go! Day 13 looks gorgeous on you and I am feeling pretty darn jazzed about Day 5 myself. I wanna keep "showing up" every morning...literally and figuratively. Here's to another day TheAten. See you tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Doing great TheAten.
Old 11-18-2022, 03:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Two weeks, 14 days, a fortnight! Sleep still very poor although I did manage the gym and a very long walk yesterday and I met a friend for lunch - we had Thai food and I had a pot of green tea. You with me today, NS? Have a great day all.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am with you! Happy to greet you at your fortnight from my 6th exciting day (and now I know how long a fortnight is!). I think I thought a fortnight was 48 hours lol. Heading into a sober weekend. As noted in my morning journal, I think I feel actually a bit relieved about this weekend. Without alcohol on the table... I am not feeling the typical anxious reservations about what just might go down this weekend... or the nagging doubts about my productive plans. See you tomorrow TA. (Ps I want Thai food today now lol)
Old 11-18-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks Aten!

❤️
Old 11-18-2022, 08:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Don’t want to annoy people with my day by day count, but I’m finding it helpful at the moment! I’ve spoken seriously with my friends, and explained fully the extent of my problem (I really thought they realised) but they didn’t, and yet they have been so supportive! When I laid out the extent of it, all of them without fail said “you really should stop drinking”. I feel lucky to have this amazing support from people I love, and it proves how much they care for me. My parents, naturally, are thrilled! NS, are you in the US? I ask as I don’t think fortnight is a term used often in the states, seems to be a very British term. I’m in Wales. Keep going! One week for you tomorrow!!
Old 11-18-2022, 09:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Don’t want to annoy people with my day by day count, but I’m finding it helpful at the moment! I’ve spoken seriously with my friends, and explained fully the extent of my problem (I really thought they realised) but they didn’t, and yet they have been so supportive! When I laid out the extent of it, all of them without fail said “you really should stop drinking”. I feel lucky to have this amazing support from people I love, and it proves how much they care for me. My parents, naturally, are thrilled! NS, are you in the US? I ask as I don’t think fortnight is a term used often in the states, seems to be a very British term. I’m in Wales. Keep going! One week for you tomorrow!!
For my baby sobriety.. I am finding our daily connects helpful so I certainly don't find your day count annoying. I am familiar with the term "fortnight" because I am half American and half British. I am Canadian lol. We are bit messed up with our half breed culture. My temperatures are stated in celsius and distance in kilometres but have no idea what I weigh in kg's or how tall I am in metres lol. Aside from the American television we watch... Canadian television plays Coronation Street, Absolutely Fabulous etc. Oh my gosh..as a child my whole family gathered round to watch On the Buses! Not sure how old you are so I may be dating myself...but man that show was funny.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northernsong;[url=tel:7874793
7874793[/url]]For my baby sobriety.. I am finding our daily connects helpful so I certainly don't find your day count annoying. I am familiar with the term "fortnight" because I am half American and half British. I am Canadian lol. We are bit messed up with our half breed culture. My temperatures are stated in celsius and distance in kilometres but have no idea what I weigh in kg's or how tall I am in metres lol. Aside from the American television we watch... Canadian television plays Coronation Street, Absolutely Fabulous etc. Oh my gosh..as a child my whole family gathered round to watch On the Buses! Not sure how old you are so I may be dating myself...but man that show was funny.
Ahh well that explains it! I actually have quite a few Canadian friends; the friend I went to lunch with yesterday is Canadian! From Nova Scotia - small world 😊 I’m 33, so I’ve heard of On the Buses but never seen it; AB Fab is the best! Unfortunately, though, I thought it was good to emulate for a long time and it’s taken me a long time to realise we’re supposed to be laughing AT them, not with them! Oops!
Old 11-19-2022, 01:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 15 and I actually got about six hours sleep! Still exhausted as running on a deficit but in all other regards I feel a million dollars compared to where I was when I took the sober leap of faith. Today I need to go and help my aunt with some social welfare forms online (she has just lost her job and is unemployed for the first time since leaving school - she’s soon to be 60) and then im going to a friends house who is cooking dinner. This friend has been so supportive of me becoming sober; more than a year ago he was trying to help me, but of course I was the thirsty horse lead to water that just wouldn’t drink (ironic of course because I did nothing but drink alcohol but it still works as an appropriate proverb). He’s Portuguese so I’m looking forward to something delicious. NS, are you with me for day 7?
Old 11-19-2022, 05:20 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Gosh...it IS Day 7! Yes I am TA and congrats on Day 15. I too feel pretty darn fine. My sober Friday night was quite delightful really. It was nothing special but I guess I was just I dunno.... relieved? I worked out...I had edamame beans and white grape juice with soda for dinner. Watched some pointless television and was in bed by 10. I am now up at the same time I get up for work ...on a Saturday morning and it's lovely. I am so glad you got a wee chunk of much needed sleep! I hope that continues. I was asked out tonight with a couple gal pals for the opening of a new restaurant/lounge place. I said yes. I didn't tell said friend I was sober but I will obviously have to tonight. Another friend of hers will be with us so they have each other to drink with. I hope I am not being to cocky or optimistic but I am actually looking forward to getting out.. ESPECIALLY sober. The idea of doing something fully lucid and disciplined is wildly appealing in this moment. Fingers crossed. Best with auntie TA and may the food and conversation with your Portugese pal be as wonderful as I imagine is shall be.