Notices

Weekend Warriors Weekenders 11 - 14 November 2022

Old 11-12-2022, 03:26 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sore, but grateful to be not dead.

I am very careful with power tools. Such a wealth of potential injuries .

Hilarious Power Tool Fails - YouTube
Old 11-12-2022, 04:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, yep that’d be me! Hope the soreness settles down.
Old 11-12-2022, 06:50 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Kaily, I love Lark's ability to run fast and true, and look like she's having such fun doing it. . I bet Alfie and Daisy will have fun with it too. I'm sorry your daughter is drinking. . We know so well how hard it is and how much damage it does. . I hope and pray she realizes the advantages of staying sober.

PJ, I can barely use small power tools anymore, and have no need since son in law operates them as someone skilled in that job. .

Calmself and Runner, congrats on your milestones of sobriety. . Calmself, you will have hit one year by today. . Runner, keep racking up the days. Before you know it, you'll have a lot of days.

Went into the hospital on Monday with bad pain in my right hip and lower back and they kept me and did a lot of tests and discharged me today with a referral to a bone doctor?? I know they prescribed a month supply of Vitamin D 3. Don't know why. Still hurts my hip to walk, put any weight on it but I can still walk using my cane or walker. .

Billie will be staying with ck and sil for at least a few more days while she gets rid of her antibiotic-induced diarrhea. I'd have a hard time cleaning it up if she were here, not being able to bend down very well, not to mention that I have carpet and they have hard floors... So she'll be staying with them for a while longer. It's good she feels so happy there. I know she gets the care and attention and love she needs and deserves. .

She especially loves my son in law.

Old 11-12-2022, 11:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

End of Day 364 - Good night from Seattle.

Least, just a few hours left!!
Old 11-12-2022, 11:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Calmself, I jumped the gun by one day! . Well, you're there now and oh that's so cool. . Please start posting on the one year and over thread in Daily Support forum. . We love getting new members.

I was in the hospital on my anniversary day - the 8th. It was 12 yrs and 11 months sober!! . When I started out I didn't think I could get this far. I am so glad I was wrong.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:46 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Will do, thanks Least. You rock !! Congrats on your sober time.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Least pleased you’re home. Hope the bone doc can help your pain. Hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of it.

Robbie, how you feeling lately. Is your energy levels getting better after post covid?

A lot of ads on tv for Christmas. Many are for booze and may be triggers. Getting your sober muscles and sober tool box checked out is a good idea ready to brush off any AV (addictive voice) noise.

The new place we’re moving into is getting on well with decorating. Hoping to move in around 10th of December. Had a horrible dream about it last night and moving my cats to the new place. I had one in each arm on a public bus and they were trying to get away from me. Hopefully I’ll be better organised on the day!

Have a good sober Sunday. Shout out if you’re struggling.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 11-13-2022, 12:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight calmself congratulations on 364

Kaily, did you and Daisy get to the agility training yesterday. How did it go? Hope you both enjoyed it.
Old 11-13-2022, 12:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations calmself. One year is an awesome milestone. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Least hope the hip heals quickly.

Pledging for today. Day 43. Best to all
Old 11-13-2022, 12:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning RunnerF. Good work on day 43!
Old 11-13-2022, 01:57 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Robbie, how you feeling lately. Is your energy levels getting better after post covid?
I'm definitely feeling a lot better, and stronger too. I've been able to get out and about. No long walks or anything like that, but I'm able to get to the shops or my mother's house without feeling breathless. Fingers crossed that by the end of the month I'll be able to start going for 30 minute walks without feeling tired afterwards.

The last time I went for a decent walk was Sunday 2 October, when I had covid, and I was able to walk for about 35 minutes before suddenly feeling absolutely exhausted. After that I started to struggle and since then I have never been able to walk for that length of time. That was 6 weeks ago today. Just to cheer everyone up, 6 weeks from now is Christmas Day
Old 11-13-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey Calmself!

Congrats on ONE YEAR!!!!

Old 11-13-2022, 04:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Calmself, I am so happy for you, that is awesome
Least, I took my Mom to a bone Dr for her osteoporosis because she has back fractures, knee pain, etc. We all discussed different options to deal with the situations.
Busy Saturday here, Mr. A taught me how to use the small new snow blower we got which we will keep at my MIL's house for me to use this winter, then he taught me how to use the bigger more cumbersome one which I will be using at the new house. We had to dig out the hospital bed and carry it up some stairs for my MIL to donate. She told me it would be light. Uhm, I told her there is now way it will be light. That was one heavy frame to be carrying. . And made some homemade lasagna rolls. Mr. A wanted some itialian sausage in them so I did it and MIL thought they were a little spicy. They were quite good. We also went on a long walk before the rain came. All done while sober. I am also looking into how to do etsy with my sewing.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on one year calmself!

Old 11-13-2022, 07:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Well I blew it yesterday. Feel really disappointed.

There is a hiking group I've been part of for years and sometimes they go to a pub after. There is a guy that runs the hikes that likes to drink so we always get carried away.

I thought I had a plan yesterday but it went out the window. Ended up drinking most of the day.

I had thought before that maybe I need to stop going, I only go once every couple of months. But it's my only social activity.

I just had a week off work and was alone all week so I thought it would be good for me to get out with some people. But I guess I have to give it up.

or at least the hikes with this guy running them, I just can't say no. There are hikes with others I could do. But Ive been friends with him for years so again, it's hard to give up bc I don't really have any other social contacts or events. But I don't want to drink either.
Old 11-13-2022, 08:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you Purple, Alpine, Mags!!!
Old 11-13-2022, 08:38 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks Runner!!!
Old 11-13-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Agility was good thanks Mags. Daisy thought is was all very exciting and did lots of barking. I think she enjoyed watching the others as much as learning herself.

The workman has let me down twice. He keeps saying he is coming but not turning up. Maybe as much as I was dubious of him he was of me - maybe he thinks I'm a cougar

I keep falling asleep. Think the stress of Alfie, daughter and builder etc have worn me out. I sat down to watch tv yesterday evening and woke up still sitting up 3.5 hours later. It was past midnight. Again this afternoon and still feel shattered.

Kindest wishes to anyone that is struggling in any shape or form
Old 11-13-2022, 09:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, I find some workmen unreliable. They never arrive when they say they’re going to. Take it easy, you’re bound to be tired after Alfie being poorly and having a workman in your home. Good that Daisy enjoyed the agility. she’ll be ready to go again I’m sure.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itsmaria, it can difficult to mix with drinkers, I know I couldn’t do it for about a year into sobriety. If there’s another hiking club that gets you out but doesn’t go drinking you’ll get the company without the booze maybe it’ll be easier not to drink. .