SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 Weeks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/461066-3-weeks.html)

Mavericks 11-02-2022 03:21 AM

3 Weeks

Hi all,
I just passed my 3 week mark :-)
So far so good. Physically I feel so much better. Everything in life has improved, particularly my motivation and mental balance. I'm getting so much done and not squandering money like there's no tomorrow.
I'm aware this is just the start and I need to start work in a lot of other areas but I'm taking it slowly.
I just wish I'd realised how good I could actually feel again. I did 30 days at the start of the year but I realise now there were too many other things going on that were going to lead me to fail. I've made sure those things have changed and I've given myself a real fighting chance this time.
My liver side stomach pains and prangs have gone. I don't feel weak in the chest and out of breath any more. I feel stronger physically and mentally.
Strength to everyone here. One step at a time.

RunnerF 11-02-2022 03:45 AM

Congratulations mavericks. Continue to do the next right thing. Make your number one priority sobriety as all in life depends on that for people who have addictions. I had 10 years of sobriety then starting drinking again 19 years ago. I now have had health issues catch up to me and have no one to blame but myself. I am now recommitting to sobriety. Stay the course as life is worth it.

fishkiller 11-02-2022 04:00 AM

Good Work!

Keep on goin

Free2bme888 11-02-2022 07:46 AM

AWESOME!

For me, that first three weeks was brutal.

Then, after a year, I confused abstinence with control.

Once we turn into a pickle, we can never become transformed back into a cucumber 🤓

Anna 11-02-2022 07:48 AM

I'm glad you're doing so well.

KTB5000 11-02-2022 08:24 AM

Congrats Mavericks, it's amazing to hear your milestone! Keep up the good fight.

❤️

advbike 11-02-2022 08:33 AM

Are you a surfer? ( I grew up not far from HMB on the peninsula). Congrats on 3 weeks but be vigilant, as you’re in the stage when the AV can be very active and sneak up on us. Some sort of daily affirmation or gratitude practice really helps keep us grounded and aware.

Great job and keep it going!

Zencat 11-02-2022 09:41 AM

Looks like you know what you're doing. Keep up that great progress.
Great name BTW. Reminds me of Mavericks Beach CA. Surf, sand, and wicked times.

january161992 11-02-2022 10:25 AM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/pJzzr...=200w.gif&ct=g

Hevyn 11-02-2022 10:31 AM

Mavericks - That's a wonderful 3 week update. :) So proud of you.

mns1 11-02-2022 11:11 AM

Congrats Mavericks.

Mavericks 11-02-2022 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by RunnerF (Post 7869543)
Congratulations mavericks. Continue to do the next right thing. Make your number one priority sobriety as all in life depends on that for people who have addictions. I had 10 years of sobriety then starting drinking again 19 years ago. I now have had health issues catch up to me and have no one to blame but myself. I am now recommitting to sobriety. Stay the course as life is worth it.

I'm sorry to hear it came back to haunt you after 10 years. Well done for taking control again. This is a lifelong struggle. I'm realising that more and more each day.

Mavericks 11-02-2022 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by advbike (Post 7869646)
Are you a surfer? ( I grew up not far from HMB on the peninsula). Congrats on 3 weeks but be vigilant, as you’re in the stage when the AV can be very active and sneak up on us. Some sort of daily affirmation or gratitude practice really helps keep us grounded and aware.

Great job and keep it going!

Thanks and yes I'm a surfer :-)
I'm UK though and where I currently live isn't good for surf. Planning to move to the West country here, where surf is way better. I'm planning a surf trip to Sri Lanka next gear for my 40th. Can't wait.
Never surfed CA. HMB looks great. Sharky, cold and scary but amazing! Hoping to get out there one day.

Dee74 11-02-2022 01:35 PM

3 weeks is a great start Mavericks :)

D

Robbie64 11-02-2022 02:40 PM

Congratulations on 3 weeks Mavericks :)

Britbird80 11-02-2022 03:36 PM

Well done Mavericks 👏 keep it up.