Notices

22 months and struggling a bit.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It wasn't good and my dog died today. I am grateful that we got to be by his side when he died and I was able to tell him how much I loved him. He was my heart and I feel so lucky that I had him in my life as long as I did. Thank you all so much for all of the support.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss but it is great you were able to be there for him in the last hours.

Be the person your dog thinks you are - I doubt you need reinforcement but you do not need to numb these feelings or hide from your grief. Its a natural part of loss, and a sign we hurt losing someone we loved so much.

D
Old 11-02-2022, 02:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi cusper,

This is life, and I totally get why drinking seems tempting in these kind of moments.

However, it is in exact these times that if we face the challenges life give us, deal with those emotions, experience them and understand them, that we can grow our true selves, which is where the true gift of life is in my humble opinion

Alcohol stops you from doing that, so I’m 100% sure that your decision to stick to sobriety will pay off in more ways than you think!

My best wishes

P
Old 11-02-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have come to conclude that there is a type of alcoholic who cannot stay sober without completely giving themselves to the program of Alcoholics Anonymous. I am one of those types, and I had to relapse three times after 2 or more years of sobriety in order to figure that out. Please keep an open mind about the possibility that you might be one of those types also.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Now that it has happened I have lost my desire to drink. I am just a bit sad.

Old 11-02-2022, 05:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you MrPL,
You're right. I know that if I drink ever again it's choosing a very defined path that will lead me to the same destination. When I drink I stop growing. I know this. This is most definitely a difficult time but I am ok. I will not drink and somehow I have now lost the desire.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Novips, You know, I believe that. I think the program of AA is incredible. I want to do the 12 steps and I am thinking of joining AA. I have listened to speeches quite often from people in AA and I am blown away by them. Alcoholic or not I believe everyone would benefit from the 12 steps.