Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Trick Or Treat this Weekend? - Weekenders 28 - 31 October 2022

Notices

Trick Or Treat this Weekend? - Weekenders 28 - 31 October 2022

Old 10-27-2022, 01:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The service was nice and it was equally nice that my SIL came and my best friend from school came. I have not seen my friend since moving back but we have been in contact. During the service we were all doing well until the end with the military honors. That was tough. They did taps outside, 21 gun salute and the folding of the flag.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The military honors portion of the service is very emotional.

When the serviceman presents the flag to the wife or child with the words “On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation”, I always lose it.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been to a few military funerals and the military part at the end is very emotional. I always cry.

Old 10-27-2022, 02:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags I am in for a sober Halloween weekend! My husband and I are on a long weekend at the beach. Treating myself after a rough time the past month with an abscessed tooth, root canal, diverticulitis and then an allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics. Phew! Finally feeling better and the sound of the surf is so calming!

Alpine I am glad the service for your FIL was nice and you got to see your SIL and old friend. My dad was buried at Arlington National Cemetery with full military honors including the horse caisson. It was a long time ago but I still remember it well. I go back sometimes to see his grave. At the time I was still in shock. He was only 59 when we lost him. I think of him a lot, especially now because I just lost my mom in April. Anyway, be kind to yourself with all you are going through.

least it is good to see you posting again. I hope you continue to improve.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Old 10-27-2022, 04:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Home health nurse came today to change the dressing on my wound but also to re enroll me in the program, which she did and I am once more getting nurses three days a week and PT and possibly OT I don't know how often but will find out. I had changed the dressing myself yesterday and the nurse who did it today said I had done a good job.

I got the two lb dumbbells today so did all my exercises, with the weights and the db, and felt pleasantly fatigued afterward.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Boo!

ℑ'𝔪 𝔤𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔦𝔱 𝔐𝔞𝔤𝔰

𝔓𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔶 𝔑𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔧𝔬𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔢. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔰𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔞𝔟𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔤𝔲𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔰𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔟𝔫𝔬𝔵𝔦𝔬𝔲𝔰. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔪𝔦𝔢𝔰. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔭 𝔲𝔰 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔢𝔵𝔥𝔞𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔱𝔥, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔱 𝔪𝔞𝔡𝔢 𝔲𝔰 𝔴𝔢𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔯. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔢𝔵𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔲𝔭 𝔡𝔢𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔡. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯 "𝔪𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔬𝔫𝔰" 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔠𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔱𝔥 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔪𝔰. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔭 𝔲𝔰 𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔪 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔲𝔭 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔣𝔯𝔞𝔦𝔡. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔶, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔰 𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔰𝔩𝔲𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔬𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔥 𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔪𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔞𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔪𝔲𝔩𝔱𝔦𝔭𝔩𝔶. 𝔚𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔲𝔭 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩. - 𝔘𝔫𝔨𝔬𝔴𝔫.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Im in the bus , big football weekend and halloween also. I think im just gunna drink some perrier and get some good foods. It will probably so much more fun im hoping. HI everybody.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome, watersfine.

Great post, Zen
Old 10-27-2022, 08:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Great pics Free2bme. I love the fish and fisherman. I saw some pics on the internet of a retired art teacher I think she was and her tribute to Halloween in her garden and home. The figures were amazing. I’ll see if I can find them. I’m sure they’ve been bandied round USA though.

MesaMan good to see you and all is well. Great photo , I was surprised when I saw you had snow.

CBS it looks gorgeous at the beach. Enjoy your weekend.

ZenCat, great photo!

Hi watersfine, sounds a good plan.

these are in Lambertsville. She makes them all herself, the write up said. There are many more if you want to search for them.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^. very cool artwork.

Just did my second, and last, exercises of the day. Tomorrow will do the same. . I want my PT Felix to be amazed at my progress and proud of my ambition. I am determined to get into shape enough that I can walk my little 18 lb "sled dog"/beagle mix.... I haven't been able to do that for a year now and it weighs heavy on my soul cause walking Billie was my favorite thing to do. . And our walks took twice as long for the short distance we went, due to Billie's "stop and sniff" policy. . She was addicted to communicating with other dogs by way of peemail. In good weather we'd walk several times a day. As often as we could. .
Old 10-27-2022, 10:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Eye CatchingPost Captain I too miss all the regulars

Old 10-27-2022, 10:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, hope you, Alfie and Daisy are well.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, we are fine thanks and enjoying this very mild Autumn with lots of walks. I hope your allergies have calmed down now.

I will have had Daisy two years on the 30th of this month and will of miraculously of been sober fours years on 1st November.

Daisy loves Alfie - Alfie does his best to ignore Daisy

She looks like she is telling him secrets
Old 10-27-2022, 11:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aw beautiful pic. Yes Daisy loves Alfie. And they get on which is fabulous. I remember you getting Daisy, gosh that 2 years has flown.

Wow 4 years sober. That’s good work on your part Kaily.

Allergies/asthma/hives are the same unfortunately. The doc is talking about me having yet another type of injection to see if it’s affective. Keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Mags, it must be rough. Lets hope the Drs can kind a remedy that is successful, sooner the better.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders

Lots of good photographs above.

Take care everyone.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

With my FIL's viewing and service done the we don't have any specific plans for the weekend. I will just enjoy Mr. A's company because he is heading back out of town on Monday.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 10-28-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Loving all the photos and cartoons today. They made me smile and 🤭 chuckle. Thanks, all.

least - peemail. That will likely stick with me for the rest of my life and think of it when I see the many dogs in our neighborhood sniffing along their routes.

Mags, I hope that you find something miraculously helpful for your breathing.

Kaily, four years!!! You rock.

Have a great day, all.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, in for this sober weekend.