Notices

Nails and not drinking

Old 10-20-2022, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nails and not drinking

Hi guys. So I didn’t drink for 3 weeks. Then I drank mildly for 5 days. 1-3 drinks each day. Now I’m back to day 9… so In almost 6 weeks I had probably a total of 10 drinks (in that 5 day period). My question is would this be enough to help my nails grow ? It’s so strange, my nails were really weak And I noticed how strong they are today. I thought I just had weak nails in general. If so it is pretty cool to see myself physically get healthier. Some other physical signs I’ve noticed are….. my tummy is flatter, my face looks thinner and my tummy isn’t nauseous randomly… mentally I have less anxiety (though I still have some) I think I drank cause of anxiety so it’s a work in progress… I sleeping better. (Falling asleep is tough still… but that was before drinking too).. staying asleep is better though. My dreams are so vivid. It’s not good when they are nightmares but so cool when they are good dreams…. My patience is better… my level of being present for others is better. Also, there is no shame for me anymore. For example, if I am burnt out from too many meetings at work and working out ect and I don’t finish my emails before bed I now know that it’s genuine exhaustion vs making myself work even when tired because it was like I was punishing myself for having 1/2 a bottle of wine. Like I HAD to get everything done so no one knew my secret (that I was drinking 2-3 glasses of wine every day)… so it is relieving…. Thank you again for your support… It really is a gift to not drink.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're noticing positive changes in your appearance, AJ. That's a great boost for you at 3 weeks. I think I looked better at 3 weeks too, but mentally I was in such a dark place. Keep moving forward.
Old 10-21-2022, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had some wild dreams and remembered them vividly, like you said. But as the alcohol effects wore off, the crazy dreams mostly quit. Now it's rare to even remember having a dream, and it's usually because of too much cajun seasoning or something.

Good job getting to day 9!
Old 10-23-2022, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 9!
Old 10-23-2022, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My nails grow really fast when I don't drink, I notice it because I am having to trim them quite regularly. Among other health benefits of course, the primary one being the great sleep, which is key to good health.

Glad you are noticing positive changes already! It is really important to take note of these and write them down for reinforcement.