Notices

I blew it….

Old 11-18-2022, 08:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Takeaction View Post
I would drink secretly on benders all weekend because I could. I would just tell close friends/family I was busy with errands etc to avoid questioning. Being that I live alone I find that I try and justify my drinking. I’m alone, nobody knows, it’s fine….well it’s not!
Same same! It's Friday...and normally I'd be a bottle of wine in by now. But I am not. It's been a good week. I'm off to bed here pretty quick so suffice to say...I made it through another day sober. I am far too old to keep thinking the weekend means "wahoooo...time to party!". Turns out... there is no reason that a Friday or Saturday night has to be any different than a work night. The great thing about weekends need not be I can get drunk at night and have the days to be hung over....but rather I have two full days of things I want or need to do cuz I am not at work.

So yes...looking forward to dragging out those Christmas decorations and tending to ....oh a million things left unattended far too many weekends drunk or hungover. I will just keep focusing on adding sober days...day by day : ) Thank you so much for your thoughts.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

How did decorating go Northernsong?