Notices

I blew it….

Old 11-09-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

You got this Takeaction. Happy belated birthday.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Happy belated B-day and keep strong. If you like, join the https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-one.html for extra support.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Keep coming back Takeaction. 7 months ago I was at my highest weight and losing my mind. 7 months later I'm down 30 lbs, and feeling ages better mentally, and emotionally. Life still has its challenges, but I don't have to pick up a drink anymore. I can find real solutions. Congrats on day 2!

❤️
Old 11-10-2022, 08:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That is amazing KTB5000!

I started off really strong in May just eating right, working out, and not drinking. Slowly but surely I would have a drink here then two there. Before I knew it I was waking up with hangovers going to a new job.

I’m feeling strong today! Day 3!
Old 11-13-2022, 11:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 6 today….

Being sober over the weekend has been nice. I woke up without a hangover, I socialized, worked out, and decided to decorate for the Holidays. This wouldn’t have been my typical weekend.

A normal weekend consisted of getting pretty drunk on Friday almost immediately. It was then followed by a couple of days of nursing my habit into a drunken abyss. By this time on a Sunday I was pretty hungover carefully planning my alcohol intake so I wouldn’t be drunk come Monday morning. I’d also be returning texts and calls justifying that I was “okay.”

Well this sober weekend I didn’t have to do any of that. I enjoyed life
Old 11-13-2022, 11:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good job, Takeaction. 6 days is wonderful. It feels so good to be free of it. No regrets or self-hatred.
Old 11-13-2022, 12:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go takeaction

D
Old 11-14-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hevyn, it was sooo nice to wake up on a Monday fresh! No self hatred this Monday!

Thank you, D 🙌🏼

In my few days of sobriety I’ve been receiving an abnormal compliment. I have been told by a few people that I have beautiful eyes. My eyes are dark brown so not much going on, but it made me realize something….our eyes really are the windows to our souls! My soul has been damaged for quite some time. My eyes have been lifeless and mean!

Happy eyes on day 7 ☺️
Old 11-14-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week

D
Old 11-17-2022, 07:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How's it going TA?

Old 11-17-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
How's it going TA?

Good morning! Things have been good. I’ve stayed away from alcohol completely.

Although, I’m nervous for this weekend. I’m going to a Friendsgiving and I know that entails alcohol. I have another sober buddy who will be attending so I’m thankful for that.

Abstaining from alcohol on my own is a challenge, but to surround myself with others at events is even HARDER. I really want to go but I don’t want to be pressured.

Overall I’m keeping my sanity, I’m back to eating clean, starting to workout, and having a positive relationship with myself. I’ve enjoyed the clarity and removal of hangovers. The constant headaches and vomiting were so damaging.

How are things for you, KTB5000?
Old 11-17-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Takeaction.

I'm glad your sobriety is coming along nicely. Having a sober buddy to help you stay in check is very smart. You can always leave early if the "pressure" (AV maybe) is too much to bear without giving in. Or not go at all until you feel more stable in your sobriety. Events come and go but we have only one life. Perhaps do a pro vs con about attending the Friendsgiving?

All the best always.

Old 11-17-2022, 04:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Hi Takeaction.

I'm glad your sobriety is coming along nicely. Having a sober buddy to help you stay in check is very smart. You can always leave early if the "pressure" (AV maybe) is too much to bear without giving in. Or not go at all until you feel more stable in your sobriety. Events come and go but we have only one life. Perhaps do a pro vs con about attending the Friendsgiving?

All the best always.
Yes, I’m very thankful I have a sober pal that I can tag along with. You’re absolutely right Zencat that we only have one life. The last thing I want to do is relapse all for one day on gathering with friends. I need to be around for a long time and alcohol will definitely shorten my life span. I finally reached a point where I physically can’t drink anymore.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Takeaction. So great you have a sober buddy for event this weekend. I am on day 6 and heading into first Friday and Sat night AF. I read in an earlier post that you decorated on your first sober wknd? I thought oh ya! I can drag out my xmas decorations from storage this weekend : ) All the best for your Friendsgiving. Not sure bout what you meant bout sobering up on your own? If you meant you are single/live alone.... well, me too. If you meant your partner still drinks...disregard lol
Old 11-18-2022, 07:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Takeaction's got traction.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 11-18-2022, 09:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northernsong View Post
Hi Takeaction. So great you have a sober buddy for event this weekend. I am on day 6 and heading into first Friday and Sat night AF. I read in an earlier post that you decorated on your first sober wknd? I thought oh ya! I can drag out my xmas decorations from storage this weekend : ) All the best for your Friendsgiving. Not sure bout what you meant bout sobering up on your own? If you meant you are single/live alone.... well, me too. If you meant your partner still drinks...disregard lol
Hi Northernsong ☺️ Congrats on day 6! I find that the first week is always the hardest as we withdrawal and discover what we like to do sober. Yes! Decorating kept me busy! I deep cleaned and just made my home my own oasis. You’ll feel great 😊 I do live alone…that’s the scary part. I would drink secretly on benders all weekend because I could. I would just tell close friends/family I was busy with errands etc to avoid questioning. Being that I live alone I find that I try and justify my drinking. I’m alone, nobody knows, it’s fine….well it’s not! We can do this 💪🏻 I find that posting and reading here make all the difference.

I hope your decorating is as fun and calming for you also 🙌🏼 Just put on some good music, cozy pjs, and have a great breakfast!
Old 11-18-2022, 02:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey TA

Glad to hear you have a plan. Im finally moving into my own place next week and have a lot of jitters right now. I also hid my drinking, and found 1000s of ways to do it. I'm just tired of it now; I was only fooling myself and playing russian roulette with my life and countless others. Smh, I even used to hide my drinking here on SR, AA circles, in various rehabs and institutions.
I guess that's what changed - I know I have to be accountable with myself. I don't know what's in store with this move; it's been decades since I've been on my own. Wishing you the best!

❤️
Old 11-18-2022, 05:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
Hey TA

Glad to hear you have a plan. Im finally moving into my own place next week and have a lot of jitters right now. I also hid my drinking, and found 1000s of ways to do it. I'm just tired of it now; I was only fooling myself and playing russian roulette with my life and countless others. Smh, I even used to hide my drinking here on SR, AA circles, in various rehabs and institutions.
I guess that's what changed - I know I have to be accountable with myself. I don't know what's in store with this move; it's been decades since I've been on my own. Wishing you the best!

❤️
KTB5000, I hope this move/new environment will be the opportunity you have needed to truly self reflect, heal, and be at peace. I too have hid my drinking from family, friends, work, and SR. I post and then rail off the deep end over and over. I’m sick of it too. We deserve to live our best lives!

I refuse to stay on a hamster wheel of alcoholism for another decade. I have a plan that I know I don’t want to drink and continue to self destruct. Now I have to stick to that plan. Another fizzy diet Dr. Pepper and SR is how I relax this Friday night.

Have a great move and evening 🤍
Old 11-18-2022, 07:06 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dr. Pepper Zero(((Cheers )))

❤️