Notices

Be Kind :)

Old 10-07-2022, 03:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

recovery is too serious a topic for anyone to use as a platform to exploit, instigate, manipulate, troll,
In everyday life, we come across “cliques”. I’m in a sports club, and new members do describe it as cliquey, and this annoys the hell out of me as they’re right, old timers in their comfort zone not making the effort to make any newcomer feel wanted. It takes massive guts to turn up that first few times. That other forum epitomised cliquiness (if that’s a word), and I felt sympathy for a lot of them. The forum’s still online, but it’s dwindling. No cliques here

Moderators make a big difference too.
100% I like the fact that humour is OK, but a few topics cross the line marginally - and it’s pointed out in a good-natured way, so I know for next time.

It’s often difficult to convey what one means in writing, and on rare occasions, people get the wrong end of the stick and feel attacked. I don’t think this is ever the case, and a private message would resolve things
Old 10-07-2022, 03:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

SR, and the people here, were certainly instrumental in saving me from the life I was living and I really don't know where I would be now otherwise. I had never experienced the kind of support that I received here.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

We are all human, and I have come across some real mean people here. Some have changed as they’ve gotten near a year sober now, and some haven’t.

Im hoping the mean ones aren’t running off any members.

I found that the “ignore” button is useful for those people (after all, the ravages of alcohol and drugs really damage our brains, and some of us haven’t socialized properly for years, so they shouldn’t ALWAYS be banned).

If they post something, I see they posted in general but not what they posted UNLESS I CHOSE to hit the ‘view post’ button.

Most people are kind and mature here, and support everyone despite differences of opinion.

SR is my sanctuary, the members are my HP, and all of you have saved my life, even the ones who have been mean to me, they teach me how NOT to be, just like in personal life world.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

[url=https://postimages.org/]
Old 10-07-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

[url=https://postimages.org/]
Old 10-07-2022, 02:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’d hate for this thread to veer off the be kind topic.

When people irritate frustrate or actually hurt me with a post, I think it’s even more important to try to be kind.

If the criticism, whatever it is, is justified, I should take that on board.
If it’s not justified, it’s not my problem to fix.

I understand that sometimes a post can hit us in such a way that being kind seems impossible…for me that’s all the more reason to strive for it.

I’m not a saint either but I do try to be better.

Be kind. It makes everything better

D
Old 10-07-2022, 02:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

"I understand that sometimes a post can hit us in such a way that being kind seems impossible…for me that’s all the more reason to strive for it."

It really is, isn't it? What wonderful wisdom.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I'm with this guy

Thanks Dee (I really like this guy) I think you are a good person with a heart of gold.

When I'm personally attacked, I know it's all about them and not me. They are projecting all the things that they themself are severely troubled with. I just become a convent target for someone to dump their deep personal rubbish on. Level-headed people do not resort to personal attacks. We may aggressively challenge the subject at hand but absolute no-hitting below the belt.

Old 10-08-2022, 06:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Im pretty new here. No condemnation, only love, support, advice and kindness.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome, dear Anaisanais. ❤️
Old 10-08-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I for one am very grateful to have found SR and have found nothing but kindness and support even during many of my darkest days. I have found love, insight, support, empathy, honesty, humor.
One saying I love is ..It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

It's my go-to place in this messed up world. I need that even keeled touch down place to get right on track when it seems there is no sanity.
Thank you Anna. I always figured you and Dee had it all together .... sort of like parents that I never had. love you both
Old 10-09-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I think I'm a good person but I am not always so nice.
Since I quit drinking I have gotten much better at catching those not so nice thoughts before they become actions but when it gets hard to do I come here.

To see others interacting together and being civil and Nice to each other always sets me right.

Lead by example they say.
SR has been a great example of the way the world should act.