Notices

I made 3 days then slipped a disc in my back

Old 09-28-2022, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made 3 days then slipped a disc in my back

And that was enough for me to get back on the cider. I had a really nice day too, before that. Ffs.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about your slipped disk.
Alcohol really wrecked my joints etc with inflammation...about the best thing you could do now for your pain is stay sober Tet.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Sorry you hurt your back Tet.

Whatever voice in your head made alcohol sound like a good solution for your pain was pure AV. And you know that not only is it all lies, it's crazy.

Think about it. You drink, you essentially forget that you are in pain for a matter of hours, then the pain comes blaring back with a vengeance. Only now you're hungover and feel like crap, making things even worse.

It's absolutely insane when you think about it.

It's funny how alcohol makes us forget just how much pain and adversity we can truly endure when we stay sober. Myself and certainly Dee can attest to that.

You can get through this without drinking. Hope the back heals quickly. Hang in there.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

If you changed the title of your post to "I made 3 days, then I decided to drink", would it make it easier or more difficult to make the changes you want going forward?
Old 09-29-2022, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's an easy trap to fall into early in recovery.

But if you reflect honestly about it, does alcohol really help with back pain? Or any pain? I've found it to be a very short-term fix that ultimately made me more stiff, more sore, and increased inflammation 10x over.

Old 09-29-2022, 10:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Terax I'm regretful about your back injury.
I hope today went better with your sobriety quest.
Originally Posted by Texax
Help me make an early afternoon meeting tomorrow?This particular one I haven't been to before but my current cycle suggests it's feasible. I'm gonna need all of the encouragement by the time I wake up. All of it!
Go to a meeting, I know it can really help you.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I probably ended up hurting my back more due to drinking (falls, trips etc) Boozing will do zero for your disc, maybe get some proper help for the back (non- drinking related) Hope you'll be
able to get back on track with the recovery too.

Old 10-03-2022, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry for your injury, Tetrax. I hope you can manage your pain, Alcohol never did a good thing for me, I’m hoping find your way back quickly.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nez

The pain of my alcoholism (both mental and physical) far exceeded any other pain that I have experienced in my life and that includes breaking my ankle in sobriety in a motorcycle accident that resulted in a life flight helicopter ride to the hospital for immediate surgery and the real possibility and fear of losing my foot.

If I was told that I didn't have a choice in the matter and that I would have to undergo one of those pains again, but that I could choose which one...it would be no contest. I would take the broken ankle and months of painful healing and rehab, every single time.

I may never have to go through that pain of a broken ankle again. Who knows? I didn't decide and make the choice to break my ankle. If I drink again, that will be my decision and my choice... and I know, without a doubt, that the pain and accompanying hell, is a guarantee.

Old 10-04-2022, 12:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a check in Tetrax?

D