Notices

Belly button Bday

Old 09-04-2022, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Belly button Bday

Sober recovery sent me a bday email today! Tunkaslia/Creator willing I will celebrate 5yrs sober on October 9 2022! Its been on my mind lately. Maybe its the number? Maybe its the blessings I have been given? Maybe I'm just more mindful of this long term sobriety?

I shudder to think of where I would be if I didnt take action when I hit my absolute rock bottom in October 2017! Instead of listing all the blessings I have received I want to say to any that are struggling like I once did. That this sobriety is the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have to really want it for yourself. It did not work for me to try to save a marriage. It didnt work to try to stay sober for my kids. Nothing worked until I wanted to stay sober for myself. It is so worth it!

I don't go to AA meeting as much anymore. But I always loved when they said prayer for the alcoholic who still suffers..... both outside AND inside these rooms.

Hope you all have a great remainder of your weekend!
Old 09-04-2022, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
kes

Happy Birthday LEP, many happy sober returns!!

Just to mirror what you say, my sponsor and a couple of old timers at my Monday AA meeting said, "if your're stopping for anyone else, however close, then good luck 'cos I've never ever seen one make it. Do it for yourself with total self respect and you'll be another name in the success stories!!!" I now know what they mean. People come and go throughout your life, flit in and out so ,if you do it for them and they leave for whatever reason, what are you left with. You always have you, that's guaranteed, so be true to yourself and keep dry. I much prefer me now to the "Old" me. For real.

Good luck to all you guys out there
Old 09-04-2022, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, LEP!! Congrats on 5 years!!
Old 09-04-2022, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!
Old 09-04-2022, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday LEP

D