Notices

Relapsed

Old 08-28-2022, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed

Eurgh I tried my best went for a full 6 days sober but on the 7th day I stopped I’ve now drank over 20 cans of cider over the weekend really wish I could stay sober for longer but these voices and shaking of my bed are preventing me will try again
Old 08-28-2022, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RAL

Welcome back. It's great you're back here and can start afresh. 😀
Old 08-28-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back misstqueent

If you are hearing voices and your bed is shaking maybe you and your Dr need to review your meds. It must b3 very hard to try and stay sober dealing with all that as well?

D
Old 08-28-2022, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kes

Hi,

Look into a 10 day inpatient detox. They will medicate you so that you won't feel any physical; aspect of withdrawel. You won't "rattle" and after 10 days your body will no longer be alcohol dependent. That's when you can start your journey, with a "headstart" It's what I did, no way hosay could I have done it on my own. My doc specifiically warned me against kicking on my own due to the chance of a fatal seizure.

Hope this is usefiul and good luck Kicking.
Old 08-28-2022, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm sorry you relapsed. I'd suggest that you talk to your doctor about the voices and bed shaking after 7 days of sobriety. Or, you could go to an ER to seek help. Either way, I do hope you continue to read and post.
Old 08-28-2022, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with others I would seek to go to an inpatient rehab center if I were you. They will have professionals there that will be able to monitor you closely to make sure you can deal with all these issues while not relapsing. Trying to do it by yourself is probably going to be too much.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone I Weill try to talk to my gp about it hope I can start the road of recovery soon blessing to all
Old 08-29-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry you chose to drink.

anf super glad you came right back!

Talkimg to Dr will help.

It took me a long time to swallow this realization:

I have a toxic relationship with alcohol, I NEVER want to drink again. Hard to swallow.

We control our arms, hands, feet, legs, and mouths.

WE do.

Welcome back
Old 08-29-2022, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Be well Misstqueent.
Old 08-30-2022, 11:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you will call my gp today hope you all have a blessed sober day
Old 08-30-2022, 11:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning Missqueen Hope your GP app goes well.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes today misstqueent

D
Old 08-31-2022, 03:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I’m angry the number 26 bus was late and had to cancel my appointment it was for a smear test cause I was hpv positive eurgh this makes me more sick
Old 08-31-2022, 08:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I prayed for my neighbours still drinking sorry will try again to stay sober went to Botswana in 2018 to bury my biological father saw him in an casket my great grandmother died the same year and my grandma just died last year sad so sad
Old 08-31-2022, 08:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misstqueent View Post
Eurgh I tried my best went for a full 6 days sober but on the 7th day I stopped I’ve now drank over 20 cans of cider over the weekend really wish I could stay sober for longer but these voices and shaking of my bed are preventing me will try again
I know the feeling and I've been there... getting six days in and then feeling so much anxiety that you march to the corner store like a zombie to pick up whatever I can find.. thoughts like, "I need this or I'm going to die."

Those early days are so difficult because alcohol has been your primarily coping method. Have you considered any other options for treatment? Talking to a doctor and being 100 percent honest may help, too.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you yes it’s doing damage had 3 ultrasound scans all showed an enlarged liver not angry anymore going to my gp next week
Old 09-02-2022, 02:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m sorry for your loss misstqueent but I’m glad you’re seeing your GP.
I hope you can find it in you to stop drinking soon.

D
Old 09-02-2022, 05:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Nobody knows what hells on earth I or you feel. I pray for your success in getting clean.

My struggle was terrible and I can only imagine yours must be even worse dealing with voices and bed shakes.

Doing good things for folks, like not confronting them when they violate my feelings or space, helps me build mental strength.

I just take a deeper breath and try to let the moment pass. It always does.

I worked with my boss yesterday and he was being a pain. I did my thing and got through it. Hopefully, he appreciated my temperance and ability. I am good at my job and he is a smart man. I know he sees everything. He tells a story of his boss talking down to him one day, literally spitting on him while he was yelling. Spitting on him. I don't think I would have survived that. I would have reacted and maybe even gotten sick. I have had physical reactions to supervisory oppression before.

Prayers for your success in dealing with all of the demons booze etc. has rallied against you. I don't have an answer other than this place saved my life.

I suffered badly for well over 1 year. I still suffer today, but I am used to it and the suffering is not as bad.

Booze causes brain damage and each relapse digs the hole deeper and deeper. I think it is an exponential effect.

Your post helped me today.

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2022, 05:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Nobody knows what hells on earth I or you feel. I pray for your success in getting clean.

My struggle was terrible and I can only imagine yours must be even worse dealing with voices and bed shakes.

Doing good things for folks, like not confronting them when they violate my feelings or space, helps me build mental strength.

I just take a deeper breath and try to let the moment pass. It always does.

I worked with my boss yesterday and he was being a pain. I did my thing and got through it. Hopefully, he appreciated my temperance and ability. I am good at my job and he is a smart man. I know he sees everything. He tells a story of his boss talking down to him one day, literally spitting on him while he was yelling. Spitting on him. I don't think I would have survived that. I would have reacted and maybe even gotten sick. I have had physical reactions to supervisory oppression before.

Prayers for your success in dealing with all of the demons booze etc. has rallied against you. I don't have an answer other than this place saved my life.

I suffered badly for well over 1 year. I still suffer today, but I am used to it and the suffering is not as bad.

Booze causes brain damage and each relapse digs the hole deeper and deeper. I think it is an exponential effect.

Your post helped me today.

Thanks.
glad to see it helped thank you for your inspiring words hope we can stay on a sober path together and thank you everyone happy sober day enjoy it.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kes View Post
Hi,

Look into a 10 day inpatient detox. They will medicate you so that you won't feel any physical; aspect of withdrawel. You won't "rattle" and after 10 days your body will no longer be alcohol dependent. That's when you can start your journey, with a "headstart" It's what I did, no way hosay could I have done it on my own. My doc specifiically warned me against kicking on my own due to the chance of a fatal seizure.

Hope this is usefiul and good luck Kicking.
I'd second this advice. My ten days in Harborview in Chicago were crucial to my recovery. I was able to safely detox and got started on learning about how to live a sober life in group therapy and attending AA meetings.

And the on-site doctor provided meds and helped me understand that my liver was about to explode and further drinking was not an option.