Notices

Waking up to Sobriety- Weekenders 26 - 29 August 2022

Old 08-25-2022, 12:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Count me in. I need a nice relaxing sober weekend. Having a very long, stressful, high-anxiety week. I’m in the process of changing careers and had a couple big interviews this week. So thankful to be sober right now.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evoo View Post
Thanks, Mags1!

I think about health. Is what I'm putting into my body good for me? I used to rarely (if ever) consider this, I thought people who worried about that stuff were nuts -- they didn't know how to "really live."

How wrong I was. This body, this heart - it's temporary, and I only get one. ...
[respectfully snipped by me] ^ Important post. Thank you, Evoo.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders overforty! The hike is a good idea, phsical tiredness aids sleep which can be difficult in early recovery. Congratulations on two weeks!
Old 08-25-2022, 03:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Have been sleeping in little bits all morning. Was lightheaded and sweaty when I woke up. Still in a lot of pain in my back and chest. Urgent care doctor called in a refill for the pain med. Ck is going to get it after she gets off work today.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome to Weekenders overforty

Old 08-25-2022, 05:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Flying solo just like last weekend., sigh..Mr. A is gone again and won't be back for another 1.5 weeks. This past winter was hard enough living apart for those 4 plus months. Blah..
Old 08-25-2022, 08:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The pain in my back and chest is a bit better. I take my bedtime dose of pain meds soon, then take Billie out and let her do her thing.

I hope I can sleep in longer increments than just one or two hours. Despite being in bed so much today, I'm still very tired.

Alpine, I'm sorry Mr A is gone for a while. . That must be such a hardship for you.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Alpine, will it be a permanent thing with Mr. A working away a lot or is hoping to work more permanently where you are now somewhere in the future ? Is there anything you can do to occupy some of your time perhaps. (Besides your mum and Mil). Sounds like you and Riley could do with a fresh view for a little while maybe. Sending hugs to you and Riley.

Least, besides your lack of sleep, being ill can often be very tiring and wearying on the body and mind. Hopefully you’re on the ‘road to recovery’ of your illness love. Bigs hugs for you and Billie and the cats.

It’s just about light here at just gone 6am. I reckon this price rise has got me thinking about all the electric I’m using and if I need it or not. I don’t watch the tv in a morning (always watched the news) so much now. Hopefully we’ll have a mild winter so won’t need the gas heating so much. Hopefully

Love to all Weekenders (and any guests reading) xxxx
Old 08-26-2022, 12:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Morning Mags,

Glad to be joining you for another sober weekend, and glad to be waking up to sobriety today.

I also woke up though to unwanted house guests - Ants! It's that time of year again here. Luckily the kitchen is clean (a benefit of sober living) but. how on earth they got themselves in I really don't know. I've mopped the floor once more just to be sure and checked my sweet treats are well sealed up. Ho hum..

Anyway, must go. Work to do!

All the best, Forwards.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jeez least, you have it really rough..prayers

my right knee is seizing up..last walk it looked like I was Frankenstein's monster.
Rox asleep..for the next 12h.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
boredog.jpg (19.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-26-2022, 03:36 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks for this new Weekenders chapter Magsie

Count me in for another sober weekend, my 299th consecutive one!

Have a good day Weekenders!
Old 08-26-2022, 04:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Welcome, overforty, to Weekenders.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

He was not supposed to travel this much which a bummer for us. I need to get back to my quilting and I hope my walking if my hip allows me.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Magsie

Quilting sounds good Alpine, so does walking when your hip’s up to it.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I am IN! Missed the beginning of the new thread yesterday, because I was at the Minnesota State Fair. It was a fun day! It was the first day of the fair, and usually, it is far less crowded than other days, but it seemed more like a weekend day, attendance-wise. Still fun, and lines for things were not so long that it diminished our enjoyment.

I love waking up to sobriety every day. I can handle difficult days and problems with a clear head, giving me the bast chance of dealing with them rationally. My biological father visited from Florida last Friday-Wednesday of this week. I don't know him that well, as my parents divorced when I was not quite 2, and he was not a part of my life in any meaningful way until very recently. It was stressful, because I was in charge of every activity, all of the driving, and my daughter and her partner and my granddaughter all got covid right before he got here. We had some family activities planned, which would have taken some of the pressure off me, but that was all put off until Tuesday night when we were able to have a cookout on my deck. But I didn't have a single thought of drinking to get through it. I had full confidence in my ability to deal with all of it. Now I'm back at work, and having to catch up on all that I missed. A different kind of stress, but again, I will get through it, because I am not messing myself up with booze. Woke up this morning ready to go, no hangover or fuzziness!
Old 08-26-2022, 06:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Magsie

Marty, pleased you had a fun weekend.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you Mags! Your OPs are always great, and very timely …almost in sync with my thoughts. Count me in for a sober weekend.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you LHW
Old 08-26-2022, 09:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Afternoon Weekenders, hometime woo hoo!

I am pathetically gleeful over a miniscule triumph I had over the woman who does my credit control at work who is in her early 20s and looks about 12. She berates me two or three times a week about my clients late payments but this time they had paid upfront and she didn't notice. In my mind that now makes us equal.

Long weekend here in the UK, a good time to make some sober memories.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Magsie

I forgot it’s bank holiday this weekend.