Notices

LIVING WITH ARBD ( 26 months sober)

Old 08-24-2022, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

LIVING WITH ARBD ( 26 months sober)

Hi folks. This is officialy no PAWS anymore. This is the aftermath of 25 years destructive drinking, including zillions of hangovers, millions of blackouts, 1 seizure, multiple ignored vision, balance, tremor, and thinking problems, a few hospitalisations after a intoxication with psych crisis, and a pancreatitis. Now we have: constant feeling of being spaced out. Impaired short memory. Impaired memory. Impaired empathic feelings. Impaired connection seeing- recognition. Impaired navigation. Impaired planning.

But... we are living. I don't want to go on health service. I work full time. I make coping mechanisms. I enjoy the glóbal idea. I practice over and over and over to learn ( simple) things. It's no fun. But I wánt to. I stopped bothering people with it ( so strange they don't even really believe me..). I enjoy nature. Biking. Reading ( global idea comes to me... it's ok). I do chairman activities. Once a month. I don't want to talk about alcohol every week. I'm single but I'm enjoying being friendly and it's enough. Don't want a relationship and explain. What comes comes. Don't watch negative things. Like news. Do yoga. Rebuild relationship with my parents. Pray. Have trust.

Love you all. Wish you were right it was only temporary. Knew it was more.

To the newcomers...Once you're off the poison, you will realize it is poison. But it takes a while. And then comes the point you don't want it anymore. Never. I hope for you not too late..

Old 08-24-2022, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you MeSober
It’s good to hear you are living your life and managing with your condition.

D
Old 08-24-2022, 10:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. As always.