Notices

first day

Old 12-20-2004, 03:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I feel alot better. I went to a meeting Saturday night. It wa ok. I have not drank anything now since Thursday night. I feel good right now. I am trying to stay busy and think good thoughts. I do have a better outlook for now. I missed a meeting last night due to Christmas shopping with my sisters. I did good though did not even want a drink. We went to lunch at olive garden and the guy bought the bottle of wine to our table to fill our glasses and I said no thanks and order a coke. I really thank all of you for your help. This is a great place to go.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Saac, you are making the right choices and now you have a few sober yesterdays. Today is in your hands. You can do it. Stay well.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It Will Pass...give It One Day At A Time

..I STOPPED DRINKING 62 DAYS AGO...AND SOMETIMES IT HITS ME RIGHT IN THE FACE...MOST DAYS ARE GOOD...BUT ALL ARE BETTER THAN WHEN I WAS DRINKING...I TOO HAVE DAUGHTERS THAT IS WHY I STOPPED..ALSO LIKE YOU I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN...AND DID NOT WANT MY KID S TO BE THE DAUGHTER OF A DRUNK...TAKE ALL THE PHOTOS YOU HAVE OF YOUR DAUGHTER PASTE THEM UP AROUND THE HOUSE...REMIND YOURSELF THAT SHE DESERVES A HEALTHY MOM....KEEP BUSY ...GO FOR WALKS...READ THESE POST...BELIEVE ME THERE ARE OTHERS JUST LIKE YOU...ANSWER THEM...HELP SOMEONE ELSE(IT DOES WONDERS FOR YOU ALSO)WRITE LETTERS...TO YOUR FAMILY...WHETHER YOU EVER MAIL THEM OR NOT ...IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER...EVEN IF AT FIRST IT MAKES YOU CRY....TAKE A NAP...DO ANYTHING BUT DRINK....EVERY HOUR THAT PASSES THE WELLER YOU BECOME ...YOU CAN DO THIS...IF I CAN ...AND I AM HANKING IN THERE..I HATE TO LOSE...SO THAT KEEPS ME GOING....VIOLETTA
Old 12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you ladyangola I really needed to hear that. It helps when someone is going through simalar things. My daughter's are the best thing in the world to me. I can't belive I have lied to them so many times and ingored their crys for me to get help. I have alot of guilt to sort through can't handle it all at one time. I really think I can do it this time. thanks to all of you
Old 12-20-2004, 12:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Don't do guilt it causes far too many people to go back out. Make amends. Yes you can do this. Take a look at the members in here. There's some god sobriety in here.
We all do this a day at a time. Sometimes it's an hour at a time. Don't drink today do it for yourself

That was god you said no to the wine. It will get easier, I can promise you this. If you've admitted you can't drink, that's the big hurdle.
We're all here to support you.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Paused

We've all made promises we didn't follow through on...that was then. Today is what really matters. I will work on remaining sober today. Good luck on your next 24 hrs.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

you all have given me such very good advice and not one of you are looking down on me for my drinking problem. It is nice that you all know how I feel and what I am going through. Just reading this site every day helps me more than anything. I will try to make amends and not worry so much about the guilt. If that makes since
Old 12-20-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Connie

Look down on you? Hey, we are you! It seems our stories vary, but run along the same lines. This is a wonderful thing you're doing for yourself. Good luck to you. Try to lose the guilt, it's such a wasted emotion, and uses up energy we could be sending in a positive direction. Take Care
Old 12-20-2004, 01:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Hello! Is this seat taken??

Keep it up!

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000
There's some god sobriety in here.
I like that typo. Nice and real!

Saac - don't feel guilty for the process that brought you where you are today. We who survive have been there - and we can hardly look down at our peers. Be thankful for the process - and most importantly the awakening - otherwise you'd still be a raging tornado. "We neither regret the past nor shut the door on it" is written for a reason - because we can say "I'm not going to act like that anymore."

Hold onto the friends you find in sobriety. Dinner at olive garden with those friends is great - it gives you courage and familiarity with the 'no' word in those social functions. My sponsor wasn't the only one who helped me sober up.

Keep up the good work - keep us posted. And when things get crazy - don't think, don't drink, and go to a meeting.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Looking into the eyes of HOPE!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi, Saac,

Yes, we're all travelling the same road. And we have all stumbled and fallen at some point, which is why all of us are here.

Hope you have a great week!

:xmast

ChrisMan
Old 12-23-2004, 02:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I went to a aa meeeting and got my 24 hour chip I am so happy and liked the meeting.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Sober 1 day at a time. Great work so far. You are already getting the results you want, sobriety.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wat to go saac...

...congrats...just don't start looking forward to that silver 30 day chip...that's 30 days away...live where your feet's at...in TODAY.

BubbaBob
Old 12-23-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

That is awesome!!! Keep up the GREAT work.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thank you