Notices

Sober blues? Weekenders 12 - 15 August 2022

Old 08-13-2022, 06:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I don't think I have ever been on a smart motorway nor do I have any desire to do so. Yet another stupid idea. I think Alfie and Daisy could come up with something better.

Still discussing (being shot down in flames) addiction on my dog forum. Wow someone even compared a dog that had suffered trauma to a human. I somehow think our brains are just that more complex and take more healing.

My local weather

Old 08-13-2022, 07:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

When I was a nipper we used to make Vanilla Ice Cream and Cream Soda treats. Don’t see cream soda on the shelves anymore so maybe was a 70/80’s thing.

Will catch up on thread this aft while sheltering from the UK heat. Finished my brain radiotherapy on Thursday and can’t get any sun on my head as it doesn’t feel nice at all. Reshaved my head with the trimmers as what had grown back after chemo which was fluffy and pure white was all falling out again with the brain treatment. Treatment over for now so that’s a win.

Hope everyone is ok and will post later when I have had a chance to catch up on the thread.

Hugs to anyone that needs it and much love xx
Old 08-13-2022, 07:36 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

MantaLady pleased your treatment is over. you can still buy cream soda , I saw it in Tesco.

Kaily, it’s hot there. It’s 30 °C here at minute and I’m melting.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:07 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Nice to see you Manta, hope you are doing ok.

When young occasionally I would go to a Wimpy Bar for an ice cream float (coca cola / ice cream) knickerbocker glory or a banana split.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

I never had ice cream floats that I remember. But I remember having knickerbocker glory. (in the wimpy bar too)
Old 08-13-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I just googled Wimpy and there are still a few in the uk. I thought they had all gone.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

MantaLady pleased to read that your treatment is over for now

The heat has got me feeling shattered today. I've got all the windows in the house open and it's still feels hot. I fell asleep earlier so I'm feeling a bit groggy at the moment. I think it's time for something to eat (it's all this talk of Wimpy!).
Old 08-13-2022, 09:47 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It is better to keep the windows and curtains closed until it cools down Robbie.

I really want a takeaway but I keep thinking how hot the poor chef will be and whether sweat will drop in my food
Old 08-13-2022, 10:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
It is better to keep the windows and curtains closed until it cools down Robbie.

I really want a takeaway but I keep thinking how hot the poor chef will be and whether sweat will drop in my food
Sometimes there is a bit of fresh air that blows through the house when the windows are open! Plus I hate the curtains (and windows) being closed during the day...

Working in a kitchen, I'm sure chefs are used to hot temperatures, so if you fancy a takeaway you should get one. I did toy with the idea of getting one myself but I had one last week and one the week before too so I decided to just make something myself.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:04 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Kaily, that is probably a good thought to have! It's extra hot today over those grills.
I hope you can get something good!
Old 08-13-2022, 11:08 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Scorchio!

Good to see you Manta, glad the radiotherapy is done.

Those giant tomato shaped Ketchup holders in Wimpy were too tempting for juveniles. I wonder if they still do that big bendy sausage thing?

I may stop watching the news soon. I think the last time we had any good news in Britain was about a decade ago.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I hope everyone is OK. When I pass by a church tomorrow I'll light candles for all of you.

I've had zero energy to do anything today except go from the bed to couch but I think the heatwave is coming to an end here on Monday.

I was just watching Netflix and the film Lion showed up. Ive seen it before and even though i am not a fan of either Nicole Kidman or Dev Patel it does choke me up every time as it is based on a true story.

Oh well it's a change from endless Friends repeats, Come Dine with Me and 4 in a bed.

I mentioned 4 in a bed to one of my housemates during the week. I think i scared her but she was relieved when I said no no it's about 4 sets of B and B owners who stay in each others places and rate each other.

Take care everyone
Old 08-13-2022, 12:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Oh I remember that sausage, very tasty. Oh and the ketchup, it was just begging for the salt to be poured in

I keep thinking I will miss something if I don't watch the news. I do dislike it though.

Re heated fish and baked beans for dinner, a sweat free zone!
Old 08-13-2022, 01:35 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Lol Kaily 😆
Baked beans is often my dinner because the kitchen is too busy. I sometimes add grated cheese as well.
Old 08-13-2022, 01:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Cheesy beans sounds nice, Tetra.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:02 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Been trying to go back to sleep but this horrible itching won't stop. I took some benedryl but now feel woozy.

Still feeling really tired from the pneumonia. Got two more days of the antibiotic left and will see the doctor at urgent care on Tuesday.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:13 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I think that you should consider going to Urgent Care now, today. This is very worrying. s ❤️
Old 08-13-2022, 02:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There's nothing they can do. I'm still on the antibiotics until Monday and I see them for a follow up on Tuesday
Old 08-13-2022, 02:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I don't understand: if you are this ill, they can recommend hospital, love.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:47 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sorry you are still poorly least.

I am just on my way out walking, 5.40 to avoid the awful oppressive heat.

Had a rough day yesterday emotionally, some key board warriors really turn the knife in your weakest spot. It showed me how vulnerable and sensitive I still am. Too long online due to being stuck indoors as to hot to go out. Not this forum I might add.