Notices

Step into the Weekend - Weekenders 05 - 08 August 2022

Old 08-06-2022, 09:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Weekenders Farrier. 90 days is excellent
Old 08-06-2022, 01:49 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

No canoeing and hip pain so no walking, but we did get some cleaning and organizing done.

Old 08-06-2022, 04:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well its almost midnight and after a busy day i took an afternoon nap followed by fish and chip with friends.
I then took my son and his friends to the coast for a late evening paddle board and got talking to a few guys there about a kayak which i saw them loading onto their cars.
After a good chat because im interested in investing in one i was given offers of help picking one out as there are so many to choose from. I was told to look at their website a group of like minded people looking for a little adventure in the open air which helps body and mind.
To cut this short. The man i spoke too was in my class in primary school 40 years ago. I met him once 20 years ago but not since. Yes its a small world.
He also gave up alcohol like myself over 18 months ago as the relationship with it had become toxic. im going to meet him for a coffee in the coming weeks. A great day for me and only could have happened with sobriety 🙂.
Goodnight all.
Old 08-06-2022, 04:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

That sounds like an awesome day AL
Old 08-06-2022, 04:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It sounds like you had a great day AL
Old 08-06-2022, 10:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Welcome Farrier and good work on your 90+ days.

Good to see your post CaptainHaddock.

AL, sounds like a good day was had. Sobriety brings its rewards.

Leigh, actually not downsizing funnily enough, it has 3 bedrooms whereas we have 2 in this bungalow. But the garden is much more manageable for us. And it’s a few minutes from mum-in-law.

Maybe going to a garage sale near mum in laws today. There is a map of the village with who’s having a sale and you can walk/drive round to different houses. I don’t really need any more stuff but curious how they work. Wouldn’t mind having one myself.

Have a good sober day.

Old 08-06-2022, 11:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

AL what a productive day. Right place at the right time.

Mags, An extra bedroom, room for me and the dogs, are the neighbours nice?
Enjoy the sale.

I washed my car yesterday, it was long overdue, so dusty and grimy as still no rain. Anyway I managed to bang my head with some force on the wing mirror. Ouch!! I felt dizzy for over an hour afterwards, today no visible bruise but very tender.

Old 08-07-2022, 12:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders

It's a sober Sunday, the best type of Sunday there is.

Kaily, hope the dizziness doesn't return. Isn't London on a list of places where a hosepipe ban might be imminent and where this could stretch to washing cars too? If so, it's best that you've got it cleaned now!

I'm going to my mother's today, for Sunday lunch. Roast chicken, roast potatoes and all the trimmings, my favourite Sunday meal.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Take care, Kaily, that must have been a horrid bump and most disorienting.

Old 08-07-2022, 02:18 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

happy Sunday morning everyone.

went to two meetings yesterday and got alot of exercise. I walked in a brief rain shower and that felt great.

going to eat lunch with a friend today. I haven't seen her in a long time so I'm looking forward to catching up and I think we are having BBQ.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:41 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everyone . Beautiful sunshine here and everyone is smiling around the town . Early walk to the beach and back and looking forward to a relaxing day.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:28 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Al, very nice picture.

Athens, I hope you have a great bbq lunch.

Was watching some YouTube videos last night. I have not followed Russell Brand's career, other than his role in the Arthur remake, but watched a clip in which he was talking about his addiction and recovery. He said that he was never a recreational drinker/user, and was an addict from the very first time. Also, that he only ever felt comfortable while in the presence of other drinker/users. Went on to say that he now only feels comfortable in the presence of other addicts that are in recovery. He said that all the reasons he was an addict in the first place were still there to smack him in the face when he quit, and it still occasionally seems like it would be nice to spend a couple of days in never-never land, but knows that is impossible. Things that only an addict in recovery would truly know.
Old 08-07-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Robbie I thought we were having a hosepipe ban but got it wrong. Apparently we are giving our water away
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-62414296

I wish I was there AL, beautiful.

Thank you, Caramel.

CB I like Russel Brand. I can a hundred percent relate to this as often feel the same myself it would be nice to spend a couple of days in never-never land.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just got home….took a spur-of-the-moment trip about an hour away yesterday to a ghost tour and stay over in a haunted hotel last night….it was pretty uneventful, but I’m not complaining since I went by myself.

A security guard approached me in the parking garage as I was getting ready to leave this morning….it was still dark out …I told him where I came from & that I stayed in a hotel….he said “Have a little too much to drink?” And I was honestly able to say “Actually, No!”
Old 08-07-2022, 06:09 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Farrier congrats on 90 days!
Kaily I hope your head feels better soon.
AL that sounds like a great day.
Purp how brave of you to stay in a haunted house by yourself.

We had our granddaughter over last night. She is now playing with Papa(my husband) while I drink coffee. I had a playing stint last night after we took her out for dinner and ice cream. She is an only child and her parents are not together. She loves playing pretend with her Barbies and other assorted toy animals. She is 6. I may have mentioned this before but I call her my antidepressant. I still have PAWS symptoms at almost 20 months sober and one of them is anhedonia. But my granddaughter helps that some.

So good to wake up sober on a Sunday.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi SoberLeigh!

I hope your head is better today Kaily.

That sounds like a good evening AL.

Very brave Purps. Ever since The Shining I have steered clear of haunted hotels.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:51 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yay, Purps! 💜
Old 08-07-2022, 07:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Greetings From The Top Of The Rockies ~

^^^ The name of a nearby Loop Road, actually. I'm up here in the Trailer at ~9,500' [2,895 Meters] with a contented MesaPup. MesaMate flew outta Town to hang with the Extended Family she grew up, and attend a G-Kid's Baby Shower in Detroit. I decided to skip the heat, and Covid exposure when she returns from that Super Spreader Party [and 2 Air Flights], and hang out up here for a while. ~1 more Week, at least. Below is the view N.E. from the Trailer on the National Forest Site I plopped down on after some Google Earth Recon.

Geek fun yesterday was to fire up my new Electrical Generator to ensure it'll run the Trailer A/C. Generators lose ~30% power up here. Leadville, the nearest old Mining Town, is ~10,200' [3,108 Meters]; the incorporated highest Town in the U.S.. You can tell there's some Snow up here. The Fire Hydrants in Town have these 6' Poles with Flags on them so they can be located in Wintertime. Temps all Week now are 72 F [19 C] and 42 F [6 C], so the whole Generator test is just an experiment for warming temps. This pricey 'box' I wired into the A/C moderates/controls the Electricity consumption, and it's part of the magic. The Long Game is to have this Trailer as back-up Lodging, and to be able to pump our Water Well off a Generator. Just the way my Sober Brain plans things these Days in these times a.k.a. The New Abnormal.

Today, it's away to the Dog Park, and a look around Turquoise Lake. MesaMate and I camped there many Decades ago in my Hippie Delivery Van, so today is a trip down Memory Lane.

Good ole Joe Walsh was decidedly one of us, so here's some Theme Music from him made possible by his Sobriety. And, who knows, maybe his Sobriety was helped along by hanging with his sobered-up Brother-In-Law Ringo Starr.

'Tis very uplifting to read of all the achievements here. Thanks, Mags!

Rocky Mountain Way ~ Joe Walch ~ Live

Old 08-07-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily..Ouch hope the dizziness has stopped. Kaily Anytime, there’ll be plenty room for humans but 2 cats and 2 dogs may take all of the room up.

AL, beautiful photo. Looks so serene.

CBS, I can imagine your granddaughter lightening your life when she’s with you. They’re a ray of sunshine.

MesaMan enjoy your stay with Mesapup, great scenery to live in.

Purps, sounds exiting staying in a haunted hotel. I read about one on a podcast. Though I think it’d scare me, wouldn’t sleep a wink or blink an eye.

Had a fun time going round the home garage sales. I bought a box with a lid for a £1 (1.21 dollars) it’s a kids toy box but looks handy for packing stuff. And some jigsaws for mum in law too. I hope they have a garage sale in my village, got loads to get rid of.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:59 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Kaily, ouch; that must have really stung.

Sunday blessings, all.