D
Old 08-04-2022, 07:21 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Red, that soup sounds good!
healthy, too.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Very well done!

For those of you who have hard a difficult time staying sober, what are you doing differently?

I think posts will help us all.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi free-
I’m trying to make plans. Which I normally do. But now I’m trying not to fake an illness or some type of pet “emergency” if I’m too hungover to keep the plans the next day. Normally I’d fib in the past.
I’m also trying to remember how great it feels when I’m sober in the morning. Because it really does feel great. I’m trying to imagine how I’d feel if all my friends and family found out about my “secret”.

perhaps these aren’t great solutions but it’s all I have right now
Old 08-04-2022, 07:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Oh.
And vanity.
I’ve been reading articles on how alcohol destroys your skin…
Old 08-04-2022, 07:57 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Happily headed to bed sober. ❤
Old 08-04-2022, 08:20 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Night Citrus
Old 08-05-2022, 12:00 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Very well done!

For those of you who have hard a difficult time staying sober, what are you doing differently?

I think posts will help us all.
I'm throwing all my weight (hehe) into getting ~*sKInNy*~. Then I feel rather than losing alcohol, I'm gaining a low BMI. If I just keep reminding myself alcohol is dense liquid calories, I think that'll help. I mean, I'd rather set fire to my scrotum than drink a full sugar coke so I just need to extend that attitude to alcohol and I'll be golden.

I've entered an xxxx calories per week challenge on a dieting site to keep me accountable. The number is low enough that there's no room for alcohol.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Excellent point, free!

Last night was difficult. But I made it.
I sent a care package to a friend’s son who is in Boy Scouts (she said it would be a great idea). He’s 15. I sent shoe boxed sized package filled with his favorite sour candy and a sweet card. Last night she texted that he received the box. And then she wrote: “Zach just opened his box. You are too much! Lol. He said thanks so much.”
The “you are too much” part bothered me. So I sat here in bed stressing out about it. What does “too much” mean? I got so in my head that I wanted to drink. But I didn’t. If it were me, I would have written “that was sweet of you! Thanks a lot”. Instead “you are too much”. I feel like it’s a little strange to write that. I bough this really cool box for her son to put the candy in then I paid to have it sent priority mail (he’s only at camp for eleven days). And she writes “you are too much”.

I try to hard in life. Idk.But situations like these play out over and over in my head. I drink to get some peace.
Maybe that’s my problem. I try to hard to be liked. I think that’s it. Maybe I shouldn’t have sent the candy. But I sent my goddaughter a generous gift card for gas when my bf bought her a new car. And both of them sent me a really lovely letter saying how much I meant to them. I’m not saying that I wanted a letter or anything from the first friend! I just thought saying that I’m too much felt weird.
Today I’m driving 1.5 hours from my home to help out a friend’s daughter. She’s in esthetician school. She needs ppl to practice on (I have to pay for it) and I told my friend that I’d help her before she takes her state esthetician exams,
Maybe I sent my friends son too much candy?I think I sent two bags of sour patch kids, two bags of nerds Swedish fish…so he could share.

Sorry. I’m rambling. This is also why can’t sleep!
My alarm goes off in two hours. At least I’ll be sober.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning all!!

Pekelover I totally understand getting stuck on wording in a text, I have done that a billion times.
My Mom used to say "Oh you are just too much" and would end it with a gentle shove to your shoulder. Drove me CRAZY. Lol, I miss it a tiny bit right this moment. But she always meant the very best with it. She meant that she was very blown away that someone was so nice or generous.
I have no idea why she chose to deleiver her gratitude in that way. And I really wished now that I had asked about it.
But I am sure your friend meant it in a nice way!
Old 08-05-2022, 06:05 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I am an Aussie living in America, and I do not understand half the things that are said to me. And that particular phrase bothered me for a while, Peke.
I thought it was a bit of a veiled insult, perhaps. But it isn't. It is often a really big compliment, a way of saying wow, you went over the top and it is noted.
It also depends on where the person lives. Are they in the south?

Old 08-05-2022, 06:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

FF, it’s so good to see you here, and really working your plan. Thank you for answering the question, which probably took some painful thought and action, about ‘What am I doing THIS time, to make it REALLY work’. If we do the same thing over and over, we get the same results, right? I think you are done jumping on and off the wagon.

For me, what I’m doing this time, is not confusing abstinence with control. I did that fourteen months out, which was a BIG mistake. I was out for two years with self damaging, self destructive behavior (drinking) . I was hurting my SOUL and my BODY.

My understanding is that’s a huge misconception for many of us, We do a week, a month, a year, and we think, “ahhhh, we are good!”
But, we aren’t. Ever. Never.

Not now, not tonight, not next year, not in 2030.

Im also working on my mindset.

Heres a great exercise:

Try walking across the room, and say to yourself, ‘I HAVE to walk across the room and back’ out loud, over and over as you go forward, turn around, and get back to your starting point.

Now, do the exercise again, except say, ‘I WANT to walk across the room and back’, and see if there’s any difference.

Woukd be very interested in your answers, and then I’ll share my experience results.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:00 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi Venus!
Thanks for your reply. Reading what you wrote made me feel better. No, they’re not from the south. They’re originally from Colorado. I’m sorry to have co-wrote all of that. I just wanted to articulate what goes on in my (%@#$&*!!) head. I’m a sensitive soul. My bf be I always say we lack confidence. Thank you again.

Aw, Citrus. Thank you so much for what you wrote. Your Mom sounds like a dear woman. I’m sure you miss her so much. I think that’s part of my problem. I was raised my an abusive mother who I feared and walked on eggshells with. When my dad took over to raise me at age eleven (they were divorced and I loved out of state) I didn’t have anyone to show me examples of how to act. Or how to handle interpersonal situations. I’m terrified of getting ppl upset with me.
Anyway, thank you Citrus for what you wrote. You made me feel a lot better. You have no idea. I’m not going to stress about this. I’m not!!
Old 08-05-2022, 10:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Oh Peke, if I had to live with my father more than every other weekend when I was growing up I cannot even begin to imagine where I would be now. I got really lucky with my Mom and Grandparents they where all really special loving and caring people.

My mind can go on and on about any little thing that strikes me a little off as well. Meditation and mindfulness have brought me a long way.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Excellent point, free!

Last night was difficult. But I made it.
I sent a care package to a friend’s son who is in Boy Scouts (she said it would be a great idea). He’s 15. I sent shoe boxed sized package filled with his favorite sour candy and a sweet card. Last night she texted that he received the box. And then she wrote: “Zach just opened his box. You are too much! Lol. He said thanks so much.”
The “you are too much” part bothered me. So I sat here in bed stressing out about it. What does “too much” mean? I got so in my head that I wanted to drink. But I didn’t. If it were me, I would have written “that was sweet of you! Thanks a lot”. Instead “you are too much”. I feel like it’s a little strange to write that. I bough this really cool box for her son to put the candy in then I paid to have it sent priority mail (he’s only at camp for eleven days). And she writes “you are too much”.

I try to hard in life. Idk.But situations like these play out over and over in my head. I drink to get some peace.
Maybe that’s my problem. I try to hard to be liked. I think that’s it. Maybe I shouldn’t have sent the candy. But I sent my goddaughter a generous gift card for gas when my bf bought her a new car. And both of them sent me a really lovely letter saying how much I meant to them. I’m not saying that I wanted a letter or anything from the first friend! I just thought saying that I’m too much felt weird.
Today I’m driving 1.5 hours from my home to help out a friend’s daughter. She’s in esthetician school. She needs ppl to practice on (I have to pay for it) and I told my friend that I’d help her before she takes her state esthetician exams,
Maybe I sent my friends son too much candy?I think I sent two bags of sour patch kids, two bags of nerds Swedish fish…so he could share.

Sorry. I’m rambling. This is also why can’t sleep!
My alarm goes off in two hours. At least I’ll be sober.
Hi Peke, I would take that saying as a compliment, it's more like oh my gosh, you didn't have to do that but thank you..
Even though we all speak the same language sometimes it's like we don't lol
Suze will know too that even between kiwis and aussies some things get lost between us and we are neighbours..
It is hard not to get caught up in some things that just go round and round in our heads and it is a prime target right now for that blimen AV whose ready to latch on at any sign of upset..
I hope you got at least an hours sleep before that alarm went off...
Old 08-05-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Like the "i" in fish, for example.

Red knows I am joking. It is the quintessential Aussie-NZ joke. And I know what comes next....it is Red asking me if I know where Pavlova comes from. I am a good Aussie, so I know the answer: It is NZ. And even Wikipedia does not have that information. But us Aussies know it is true. And we bow to the greatness of New Zealand. I mean, I do that anyway. I think it is the greatest country on Earth.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 3. I’m in Iceland for this next week, so not sure it’s day 3 or 4. Jet lag beats a hangover!
Old 08-05-2022, 03:40 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Like the "i" in fish, for example.

Red knows I am joking. It is the quintessential Aussie-NZ joke. And I know what comes next....it is Red asking me if I know where Pavlova comes from. I am a good Aussie, so I know the answer: It is NZ. And even Wikipedia does not have that information. But us Aussies know it is true. And we bow to the greatness of New Zealand. I mean, I do that anyway. I think it is the greatest country on Earth.
I'm not fussed about pavlova Suze, you guys can have it, I don't like it..
Fush n chups baby!!! I don't have enough fingers and toes for the amount of times I was asked to say that when I moved to Perth 😂😂😂
Old 08-05-2022, 03:42 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToddZeile View Post
Day 3. I’m in Iceland for this next week, so not sure it’s day 3 or 4. Jet lag beats a hangover!
Iceland sounds interesting Todd, is that for work or pleasure?
Old 08-05-2022, 03:44 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToddZeile View Post
Iceland? Really? Wow. Have fun, I guess. s
And well done on day three!!! ❤️