Notices

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part One

Old 08-02-2022, 11:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all
Slept surprisingly well. Working today. Will do grocery shop before work so I don't have to go to the shop after work. Got a whole pile of new books to star reading so that will keep me busy in the evenings.

Hope everyone has a great day x
Old 08-03-2022, 02:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That’s great news gundog! Congratulations!!!
Welcome everyone else!! So good to see all of you!
Old 08-03-2022, 02:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Morning all
Slept surprisingly well. Working today. Will do grocery shop before work so I don't have to go to the shop after work. Got a whole pile of new books to star reading so that will keep me busy in the evenings.

Hope everyone has a great day x
That sounds wonderful RAL, I love books!
What do you like to read?
Old 08-03-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
That’s great news gundog! Congratulations!!!
Welcome everyone else!! So good to see all of you!
Hi everyone, thanks Peke! I took about 5 days for the physical symptoms leave. Absolutely no energy between 7 days and 18 days. Just slept and ate and drank water. Made a tailored vitamin supplement program after lots of research which seems to be working wonders.

Now my depression and negative thoughts have gone I feel stronger and getting ready for a new challenge work wise.

Hope everyone is doing well and taking time for yourselves to heal and live for the day. That's all it is really 80% of life shod be right here right now. The other 20% is planning and organising.

Life can be easy, most of the problems we ourselves create. The battle is always with yourself really.

Just sharing some thoughts whilst gardening with my two lovely dogs
Old 08-03-2022, 03:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gundog81 View Post
Hi everyone, thanks Peke! I took about 5 days for the physical symptoms leave. Absolutely no energy between 7 days and 18 days. Just slept and ate and drank water. Made a tailored vitamin supplement program after lots of research which seems to be working wonders.

Now my depression and negative thoughts have gone I feel stronger and getting ready for a new challenge work wise.

Hope everyone is doing well and taking time for yourselves to heal and live for the day. That's all it is really 80% of life shod be right here right now. The other 20% is planning and organising.

Life can be easy, most of the problems we ourselves create. The battle is always with yourself really.

Just sharing some thoughts whilst gardening with my two lovely dogs
Im on day 11 today and I thought I would feel way more energised but all I want to do is do nothing, I don't wanna do anything around the house, my carpet is filthy and I can't even be bothered vaccuming. I'm tired by 4pm and just start thinking about bed. So I'm glad that you posted about having no energy up until day 18 because I was starting to feel ripped off lol
Old 08-03-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Another sober day in the pocket.. Went out for dinner tonight and had AF drinks, it was actually very pleasant and I had a wonderful evening. My partner doesn't like his father so there are always hairy moments but even he had a nice time and neither of us had a drink. I openly talked about giving up alcohol and doing Annie graces 30 day alcohol experiment and they thought that was kinda cool.
Anyway I'm off to bed, hopefully for a wonderful sleep..
Old 08-03-2022, 04:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Another sober day in the pocket.. Went out for dinner tonight and had AF drinks, it was actually very pleasant and I had a wonderful evening. My partner doesn't like his father so there are always hairy moments but even he had a nice time and neither of us had a drink. I openly talked about giving up alcohol and doing Annie graces 30 day alcohol experiment and they thought that was kinda cool.
Anyway I'm off to bed, hopefully for a wonderful sleep..
Old 08-03-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Im on day 11 today and I thought I would feel way more energised but all I want to do is do nothing, I don't wanna do anything around the house, my carpet is filthy and I can't even be bothered vaccuming. I'm tired by 4pm and just start thinking about bed. So I'm glad that you posted about having no energy up until day 18 because I was starting to feel ripped off lol
Hi Red 100% you're not on the "other side" as I call it. The way you are feeling now is temporary. I had zero and I mean zero energy. Couldn't be bothered to even be awake, not interest in anything or anyone, like was trapped in my head. The other side is waiting for your arrival. Stick with it. Yeah sure there period's during the day where I dip but Learning patience is a massive key to unlocking yourself and your recovery

This too shall pass is so true, what waits for you is a much better life
Old 08-03-2022, 07:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 10, yay.

You are not alone Red. I am just appreciating the mornings now for a little bit of activity and cleaning up. Come 5pm, around when hubby comes home I am about done for the day!
And I think that is the way I have been for decades... but normally I decided to pour alcohol down my throat at that time when what I really needed was some calm and self soothing! If that makes any sense.
Some of my plan at the moment is to tackle anything that needs to be done before then and just let myself chill by 5-6. Which is going to have to mean dinner in the crock pot or my family will have to figure it out for a bit. I feel a little selfish like taking "me time" in the evenings is a bit much.... but that is what I have been doing for forever with alcohol! Now the me time can be interrupted without drunk me reaponding. I can drive, deal with an emergency, handle the kids being a pain without responding drunkenly.

RAL I love to read sober in the evenings! I am reading super cushy fluffy stuff right now with no drama.

Hope you all have a wodnerful day! ❤
Old 08-03-2022, 07:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning and very late goodnight to you, dear Red

I am super proud that you and your man were both sober through the dinner with his dad!!! What a huge win! ❤️

As for still feeling exhausted at 11 days, I was the same. Dee said earlier in another thread that the last time he got sober, it took a month to be sure he wasn't going to keel over in the street (I am paraphrasing slightly). I was the same way. It was not easy at all. BUT it was worth it. So very worth it.

Be kind to yourselves. Rest when you can, eat healthy food, drink water, and put your face in the sun, even for just a few minutes. And books are magic; they are a lovely way to pass the time and distract yourself when you are not feeling physically fantastic.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I drank heavily for 10 plus years, and for most of my adult life I drank.

Im almost a year in, and I’m getting back to normal. Wow, what a great ratio! 40:1.

You all are doing great. If you aren’t answering the questions I pose on this forum, I hope that as you gain days you are making a plan to stay sober, either in your head, in a dairy, or discussed with a friend/family that you trust.

The beginning three weeks for me my last time was absolute hell. Good sleep didn’t return for a few weeks after that.

BUT IT DOES RETURN, and our brains heal. The longer we abused it, the longer it takes to heal.

Have a good sober day, all. DONT DRINK, do anything, but not picking up the drink. Our enemies can swim
Old 08-03-2022, 09:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi all. I want to quit drinking. I only have a couple of beers most nights, but it's not like I enjoy it. I don't do well with, "Oh, I'll just cut back for a while." I want to make a commitment to be the best possible husband, father, and person that I can be, and alcohol works against those goals.

I quit chewing tobacco 5,184 days ago using the forums at killthecan.org, so I know I have it in me. I look forward to exploring the features of this site and returning tomorrow one day sober.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:25 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Welcome, Todd! ❤️
Old 08-03-2022, 02:18 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome Todd!
Old 08-03-2022, 02:56 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Welcome Todd
Old 08-03-2022, 02:58 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey Augusts! I hope everyone is doing well! This is a great time to quit drinking forever!
Old 08-03-2022, 06:21 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

How's everyone going?

D
Old 08-03-2022, 08:02 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Dee!
Going well here, about to head to bed ending out day 10. Hope you are doing well!

Night class.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 10 is great Citrus - all good here

D
Old 08-03-2022, 10:28 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope your all well!
I am starting day 4 now. again feeling okay at the min. The evenings are always a little more tricky but keeping busy and an early night helps.
It's funny as I know I am ready to quit alcohol for good as I'm aware of the depressive tired cycle yet i still get cravings for it. I have failed at day 4 many a time but not this time.
have a good day!