Notices

What Is Your Daily/Weekly Routine As It Relates To Sobriety?

Old 07-18-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Is Your Daily/Weekly Routine As It Relates To Sobriety?

Hey all - I know this could be private for some so if so, please excuse the topic - but I'm curious for everyone:

What is part of your daily/weekly routine (if any) that you believe is a massive aspect of saying sober literally and emotionally.?

Some of my friends include: praying, meditation, gratitude.

This is one aspect of my sobriety I want to work on. I've found gratitude to help immensely, and I'm curious what others do each morning/week that they believe is crucial to saying sober literally and emotionally.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

praying, meditation, gratitude

meetings, sponsor meetings, readings, more meditation......

It's a process of changes that take place, but we have to do some work on staying sopped!
Old 07-18-2022, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gratitude, meditation, exercise, music, time connecting with others, time alone are all things I do daily. Try to find what works for you, what helps you to feel better and build on that.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't have any scheduled activities, but I do a lot of reflection. For example, I read here on SR, and posts like this give me opportunities to reflect. :-)
Old 07-18-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I go to three meetings a week, and have service commitments at two of those meetings in addition to a few-hours-a-month District service position. I post here daily on the 24-hour thread, and frequently read around this site.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a structured schedule:
Wake, SR, Chant, run or weights or both, listen to a podcast or SGI episode..... I have many different podcasts on recovery and self development that I dive into on most mornings. Then I go about my life.....
All of the above sets the tone for a day of freedom and recovery from active alcoholism and also anxiety...(another thing I am recovering from )
Old 07-18-2022, 04:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Exercise gives me much of that physical ease and comfort that a drink used to provide.

I read the Bible with a totally open mind. New and Old Testament. No matter what I believe I must admit in many cases some of these ancient people somehow knew what they were talking about.

Everyday starts with prayer and meditation.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I start the day with a morning meditation focusing, in the main on issues such as drugs and alcoholism.
As an old retired dude I also read, write, listen to music, work out in the gym, garden, tidy up, research stuff etc.
Aways looking to new passtimes.......
Old 07-18-2022, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Weekdays: During the day I am at work. That structure takes care of keeping my mind occupied. My challenge, and relapse downfall, has always been 5-9pm. So I have a detailed plan for the evening: the minute I get home is exercise time, followed by getting dinner (my fix dinner nights) or getting things ready for work the next day (Mr. Happy's fix dinner nights). Dishes. Take the cats for their walks. Practice Japanese (I'm learning). Practice music. Get things ready for work next day, if I didn't earlier. Warm bath with a really good book. Well, there you go, time for bed already! Weekends: those days have their own exact plan and structure, for the same reason (that doesn't sound very fun, does it? Yes, there are chores but of course the plan includes a lot of fun stuff too!) By the time I've done the plan for the weekend, then what do you know? It's Sunday at 9:00. Works so far.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Every morning I look in the mirror and am so grateful it is me looking back with clear eyes and a clear conscience.
Every night I drink my own home made hot ginger toddy ( even when the weather in the UK is this hot!) it has become the thing I need to do in order to unwind. Preparing it, making it is a ritual, and rituals are very helpful to me.
I write, walk, cook, grow vegetables, listen to music, and every day, every single day I read something here, remind myself where I am, where I am going, and the direction of travel. Lastly I never take my sobriety for granted.
Old 07-20-2022, 12:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

I come here to SR, read and post. I also practice gratitude and mindfulness, which helps my recovery journey.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Doing things I enjoy every day. As in things I really, really enjoy.

It took time to find them, but by trial and error I added a few hobbies (almost daily physical and creative activities).

It takes being organised with a full time job and a family, but it’s possible if you prioritise, which in my case means waking up pretty early and barely watching any tv.

This may sound exhausting, but as these are things I really, really enjoy doing, it’s actually quite the opposite, it’s almost effortless.

To close it, although these activities help with my sobriety, the most important thing remains the conviction that I no longer drink. The way I see it sobriety comes first, and it allows me to enjoy these experiences, which in turn allow me to be happier.
Old 07-20-2022, 04:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm retired. I don't have weekends.