Notices

Binge Drinker

Old 07-18-2022, 11:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That’s very interesting, fading effect bias and euphoric recall are definitely workings of the mind I can recognize. Which is incredible as just like some of the comments, alcohol was causing most of the problems. In my case anyway, most of what went wrong for me was either directly related to alcohol or made much worse with it. Also tried every type of reorganization and moderation which I can say conclusively never worked for me, three or four in, the best plans are forgotten about.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Misery recall is what helped me to stop Kanada. And after a while the truth stops hurting.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have you tried any quit lit Kaneda? I've found it a very useful tool and had quite a few Eureka moments. There's some great ones out there.
Old 07-20-2022, 01:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, thanks. I've been reading quite a bit the last few days. Got through most of the original AA book which was certainly interesting. Even though some of the earlier contributions are from a bit before my time, it's still very relevant. The fading effect bias concept got me looking into the psychological stuff in some detail and lots of other content on the internet, including more of the discussions here. Trying to keep the mind occupied through the withdrawal depression. Thanks again for all the helpful comments and suggestions to everyone who posted.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I never had binge drinking like you experienced, but there were plenty of times I knew I had enough, but I would still drink. Sober for about 5 weeks now... long ride ahead of me....