Notices

Journey of Recovery- Weekenders 08 - 11 July 2022

Old 07-09-2022, 05:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Haris!
Least, I hope you can find something for relief
We will be busy getting things ready for our canoe camping trip this week. We will be carrying our gear in our canoes. Should be fun...A little wet because it is supposed to rain..but fun.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:09 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Hi Haris!
Least, I hope you can find something for relief
We will be busy getting things ready for our canoe camping trip this week. We will be carrying our gear in our canoes. Should be fun...A little wet because it is supposed to rain..but fun.
that sounds like a lot of fun....I have been looking at getting a 2/3 person inflatable kayak for this summer..decathlon have a sale on so might pull the trigger on that when I am out of isolation..really want to take the family camping although I don’t think my wife would be into but my 8 year old would love it.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I dunno if wedge pillows might help Least. We have a couple of them for when we need to sleep with some elevation.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Haris, happy soberversary! I hope you're on the mend from covid soon.
I can hardly move after a tough gym session yesterday. I haven't done anything in the way of fitness for over 10 years. I know it will take time and perseverance, just like recovery. I'm in my 60s, but people older than me have started. I've been looking at YouTube videos of older folks for inspiration!
Old 07-09-2022, 07:52 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Way to go Leshar!!
Old 07-09-2022, 08:17 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on two years Haris

Least, I was thinking same as Dragon, having a wedge shaped pillow might help your feet.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:33 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Least Feel better soon. Thinking of my dear friend.
Have a great Saturday everyone!
I have some errands I should run today but my super power, procrastination, is kicking in
Love and peace to all. 💖💟☮💞💫
Old 07-09-2022, 09:40 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sending positive vibes least!

Congratulations on two years Haris, excellent milestone.

Hang in their PidgeGAP, just keep reminding yourself it will not always be like this.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Welcome Haris! Congrats on TWO YEARS

Stay close Pidge! Maybe visit more threads if you haven’t already….the Sober Bus is always rolling! Feel free to join us!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-57-a.html (Please Stay On The Sober Bus Pt 57)

Old 07-09-2022, 12:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Haris congrats on 2 years! Hope COVID doesn't hit you too hard.
Went to swim laps with my daughter. Now cooling off in the AC. Very hot again in NC today. Grateful we have had some thunderstorms the past few days so my vegetable garden is okay.
Looking forward to Wimbledon final tomorrow. I hope my guy Djokovic wins. My gal, Jabeur, lost unfortunately this morning.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:02 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well, my feet didn't wake me up last night. Got a good night's rest.

Haris, congrats on two years sober!
Old 07-09-2022, 01:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

That's good least ❤️

But Rybalkina played so beautifully CBS; it was a thrill to see her triumph. I have a feeling Jabeur will be there again. And at the end of the day, she comes from poverty and today she is a millionaire. That has to be an amazing feeling.

Tomorrow is going to be epic; the tennis match of the century I think. Glad to know we will be watching together love. ❤️
Old 07-09-2022, 04:21 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 years Haris - and get well soon

D
Old 07-09-2022, 10:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Morning all. I am late for the weekend! Thanks for the thread, Mags.

Yes the sober journey, sometimes the sat nav needs a reset. I don't mean I have been drinking but I was very triggered the other day and needed an escape. I chose to walk but could of taken a wrong turn. I have relapsed on binge eating because of the trigger after losing 1.5 stone. A bumpy road.

It is all because I am looking after a neighbours dog and cat while they are away for 2 weeks. The other day I went in and the dogs mouth was bleeding significantly. I called my neighbour but she seemed more concerned about the carpet than the dog! I wanted to take her to the vet but she didn't think it was necessary . I have changed her food to wet, hopefully kinder on her poor mouth, instead of the horrible dried biscuits that so many dogs are expected to eat. Must be like eating cardboard. I know I wouldn't want my dinner dried and dehydrated everyday.

I am a very sensitive soul with regards to animals and will always advocate for them when I can.

Leshar well done on your gym workout, very inspiring. Is your foot better now?

Sao I'm sure you and James Bond are like two peas in a pod!

Well done Harris. .

Off out walking at 6.30am to avoid the heat.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:49 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

^ I wonder what the dog had eaten/chewed to have caused the bleeding?
Hopefully no further problems.
I must say, dogs do seem to appreciate appetising and tasty food
Old 07-10-2022, 04:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

kaily that poor dog may be suffering from separation anxiety. Who knows what it could have chewed, unless you find something chewed up, but hopefully its just a minor injury. My daughter has a dog who cant chew dry kibble well so she adds water to it to soften it a little. Pure soft food is not so good on their teeth long term unless you brush them regularly. Which sounds like this owner probably does not do.
You did the right thing giving it the soft food under the circumstances. Only a loving, compassionate human would go through the trouble to make sure the animal is safe and comfortable.

My sober sat nav needs a reset too. Not drinking wise as I too am good there but mentally and spiritually I feel I took a wrong turn somewhere recently. Hopefully a reboot will get us back on track.
Seems to be a cycle. Everything is good then it's not. Life I suppose. At least sober we can work on better dealing with and fixing it when it's not going so good.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well
Old 07-10-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hello wonderful weekenders,

Thanks Mags for the thread. Like some of you others here I feel I am drifting a bit in my recovery and in need of some sort of reset. I won't drink no matter what but I could do with some sort of refresher. Work is manic as usual, I'm over committing my time and have noticed elements of dissatisfaction and even resentment creeping in to my thinking. This is not healthy and frankly quite ungrateful given how hugely better my life is now. Still the sun is shining so I'll take a walk in the fresh air this afternoon to rebalance.

So, great to see the regulars here as always. Congratulations Harris on your two years - it keeps getting better! Thanks Mesa for the views and perspective. Hi Kaily, hi Sao, hi everyone else!

All the best. Forwards.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:37 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

The dog is pretty old so I suspect her teeth aren't up to much, probably the dried food is too hard for her and made her bleed. What she needs is a dental under anaesthetic and then the vet would be able to see whats going on. Mouth cancer is quite common too and needs to be ruled out. But I can only do so much and at least now she is enjoying her food.

Fishkiller I feed my dogs on wet food but supplement it with natural chews such as pizzle or trachea plus both have some raw carrot and a few dog biscuits .

Hi Fowards
Old 07-10-2022, 04:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I wish everyone took as good of care of their pets as you
Old 07-10-2022, 05:10 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thank you, Fishkiller