Notices

Journey of Recovery- Weekenders 08 - 11 July 2022

Old 07-08-2022, 08:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Funny, Venus, I used to watch tennis with my dad. We'd go to the old Virginia Slims tournaments in Chicago sometimes. Chrissie Everett was always one of my idols growing up. I've had my eye on Wimbledon off and on. Some years I really get into it. When you're in that mode it's fun to watch all the Grand Slams.
Love and peace to all. I have to make another library run for my mom later. The A/C guy is supposed to come today. Yay! Thankfully, the universe has looked kindly on us and it hasn't been too terribly hot, off and on. I sure hope he can fix it at a reasonable price. I'm hoping it just needs freeon, or whatever that stuff is called.
Have a great weekend. Love and peace to you all. 💖💟☮💞💫
Old 07-08-2022, 08:49 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well, got several loads of laundry done, mowed my MIL's lawn which takes about an hour, did some grocery shopping for our upcoming trip, went and helped my Mom with a few things..Ahh the to do lists.
Sam, you are welcome. They are quite fun
Leshar, I have had double vision for many years..Not from drinking. I often have to keep one eye closed.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Samwitch, your post made me think of watching tv with one eye closed, because of double vision due to alcohol. Ugh!!
Least, I'm sorry you have such continuing pain.
Ugh, indeed!! Don't miss that one bit.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I told my mom I would cut her hair today. I really don't like doing it. After college, I went to cosmetology school thinking I could combine the two, but it didn't work out. I still cut a very few people's hair, mostly my family, so I'm kind of out of practice. She has been complaining vociferously about her hair so I'd better just gut up and do it this morning after she gets up. Trying to fit everything in before A/C man gets here. I'm a little anxious about it. I'm hoping we don't need a new one. They are so very expensive. Thankfully I'm grateful we have what we need to get by. Very grateful indeed.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Least I am sorry about your foot. Maybe you could prop yourself up in your bed or a chair and try to sleep that way?
Aly I hope the hair cutting goes okay.
I am watching tennis and multitasking by responding to emails for my husband's business, my mom's estate and our taxes. Grateful I have Fridays off to attend to all my other jobs. I need to go get some exercise though it is terribly hot again here today. Looking forward to my granddaughter coming over for a sleepover tonight. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 07-08-2022, 09:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wow CB, that is a lot to juggle.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:57 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening 'kenders!

Good luck today Aly.

I have been to the Admiralty today - I have a vague idea that might have been the place James Bond was notionally attached to (possibly in the books rather than the movies but it's a VERY long time since I read a JB novel) I don't drink, gamble, dislike guns, don't own a tuxedo, don't drive an Aston Martin and am not successful with women but apart from that I could be him.

Actually I was in the testing area (in respect of some coatings - all very tedious) That's probably more Q's area I guess. Anyway, here's some Ruritanian hooey:

Attached Images
Old 07-08-2022, 11:49 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

^ Powerful image of a member of a proud and historic regiment.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:02 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Alpine, I'm sorry about your double vision. Isn't there any measure to correct it?
Old 07-08-2022, 12:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by least View Post
Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight. when I. fall asleep, the pain in my feet wakes me up. It only hurts when I'm lying down. Sitting up they don't hurt.
Hi least, I have the same problem due to Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have terrible foot at night when I am in bed. It doesn't start until I am in bed and it is enough to wake me up and to make it difficult to fall asleep. Once I am up for the day it goes away. I hope you can find a resolution for your problem.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:42 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Leshar, I have prisms in my glasses but it really does not help much.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:50 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yeah my feet feel numb and painful all the time but it's worse at night, sleeping. The pain wakes me up it's so intense. Doctor had me on gabapentin, which just made my legs swell badly, tried Lyrica but didn't help either. The pain in my feet makes me forget about the pain in my back.
Old 07-08-2022, 04:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Here for the weekend! Venus, I used to watch tennis with my dad, and played obsessively for most of my teen/young adult years.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I have heard that Least from others that I know that have that. It is pretty stinky.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:15 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Least have you tried/considered acupuncture? It seems to remedy lots of issues with pain, etc.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:04 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Least have you tried/considered acupuncture? It seems to remedy lots of issues with pain, etc.
Now that I'm in a big city I'll give acupuncture a go. Im willing to try anything
Old 07-09-2022, 02:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I hope it helps, Least
Old 07-09-2022, 04:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I’m in for a weekenders weekend....2 year soberversary tomorrow and been struck down with COVID (2nd time this year).. got a bit jittery with the AV on 1 year sober so thought I would hang round here and head any silly ideas off early. To be honest though I have absolutely zero designs on ever drinking again...but you know forewarned is forearmed

hope you are all having a great weekend

Old 07-09-2022, 04:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome to Weekenders Haris Sorry to read you've got covid but hopefully you'll be better soon. Congratulations on 2 years, great going!
Old 07-09-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I will try my best. If I think I will fail, I will reach out to my support system before I go to the dark side