Notices

Journey of Recovery- Weekenders 08 - 11 July 2022

Old 07-07-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks CK! I do not know how to show the video, only the link.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The very first album I ever bought was a Fifth Dimension album that had that song. I still have it.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags, for a wonderful opening post. I'm in for a sober weekend. I'm happy to be with the seasoned travellers and newbies alike, who remind me to have faith and hope.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree Leshar! And I think everyone here has many things to offer in many ways.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you Mags! You are the best. I hope your wrist is doing better!
Old 07-07-2022, 08:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm IN!

The sober road can be filled with obstacles and pitfalls, but those of us who have traveled it ahead of you can help you avoid them. Setting out on a journey with no map and no idea where you are going or what might happen along the way is frightening. But with a little help and some bravery and determination, you can make the journey.

I'm setting out to NYC on Sunday to see my daughter who moved to Jersey City in January (Jersey City is pretty much a suburb of Manahttan). I'm nervous about the flying, because the news is full of awful stories of flight delays and cancellations, but I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. It should be a really fun trip! I'm in vacation mindset already, having trouble wanting to do anything at work right now.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Thanks CK! I do not know how to show the video, only the link.
How to post a YouTube video :

1: copy the address after the "v" in the YouTube link

Exemple :

2. Write this code and paste the YouTube link (after "v") between the two YT
It should look like this :

Voilą! ♪♫

Old 07-07-2022, 08:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi, MLD, I hope you have a smooth journey. It might be worth taking just a carry on, if you're not already planning to. I've heard from a number of people who have had lost and missing luggage lately. This is in Canada though. The big eastern airports are chaotic lately. Have a lovely vacation!
Old 07-07-2022, 08:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks CK. Good directions. Hope you are well, love.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks CK, I am not tech savvy at all so I will play around a little later to see if my poor skills can do it.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Leshar, I'm pretty much always a carry-on only traveler. I fly the class one step up from economy on Delta, it's called Comfort+, and there is always room in the overhead bins in that part of the plane. I have traveled enough to know how to pack lightly and efficiently, especially for shorter trips. I still usually take more than I need, though! This trip will be easy, since if I really forget something, I can always buy it within a short distance form my hotel. I would NOT trust the airlines with luggage right now. I also bought Apple AirTags to put in my bags, so I can track them in case something odd happens. Like if for some reason, they make me gate check my bag. I have heard stories of people with those trackers being able to tell the airline where their bag is when the airline had no idea.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That's interesting about the tags. I must look that up.
I was talking to a couple yesterday who packed frozen fish from Novia Scotia in a checked bag, and there was a 3 day delay before they got their bag in Toronto. Not a pleasant outcome, as you can imagine!
Old 07-07-2022, 09:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In for another sober weekend!

Thank you Mags

Congratulations on shotgun CBS.

I remember singing Age of Aquarius in the school choir for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Some of you may have noticed that Britain has lost its head of government today. No need to go into the politics of it but the initial event or what I think Insurers call the proximate cause, was some unwanted drunken groping in a private club in London which has today, led to the demise of an administration.

You couldn't ask for a better example of the perils of drinking and drunkeness if you tried. Sober really is better.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I agree Sao. So grateful for my sobriety. That is a great example of why I don't want to drink. The more I see how people act and how I used to, I am ever grateful for ODAAT and sobriety!! I wonder if he even remembers...
Old 07-07-2022, 10:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Troopz ~

When the Journey gets tough, the tough go Camping! So, here I am with MesaPup by a Colorado Reservoir @ 7,530' ]2,295 Mtrs]. Save the one Camping Loop where all the Big RV Rigs can have Electricity, the other 3 Loops here are mighty quiet. As we operating on Solar Power like it! I had to escape the 100 F heat pending around MesaVille - while MesaMate heads off this Weekend to see former Teacher Gal Pals around Boulder - and this $8-/Night Site is a 75 Mile [120 Km] drive.

Tomorrow, I'll pop 20 Miles up a remote County Road to 11,000' [3,350 Mtrs] to Boondock, and stay cool up there. It was 40 F [4 C] here this Morning. Thanks to Odin & Wotan for a great [Bottled] Gas Furnace in this Super-Insulated Trailer.

Yesterday, this astonishing Monsoon Storm moved in over the local Dog Park adjacent to the Regional Airport. I can only compare it to being stuck in the 'Atmospheric River' that hit N. California last Year while we were towing this Trailer. Weather Wonks estimated that Storm dropped >2 Trillion Gallons of Water regionally, and the downpour yesterday rivaled that event. But, on a micro area scale. Like standing outside in a Fire Hose. My Socks are still damp.

At this point in my own Sober Journey, I just do what I used to enjoy. Sober. Enjoyment -> Serenity seems the key to me. Thanks, Mags, for another good 'un. One old Truism in Travel is that 'it ain't reaching the destination. It's all about enjoying the journey'. My take is that I don't have to fixate on reaching some ultimate Sober Day. It's here & now every Day if I think it is.

That great Hippie-Dippie Music Vid up-thread reminded me of some fun mash-ups. Here, one Star of 'Woodstock' -= my former CO Valley Neighbor - teams up with Tom Jones on a Leon Russell Song. *Only* >50 Years ago...

'Delta Lady' ~ Tom Jones & Joe Cocker ~ Live 1970

Old 07-07-2022, 11:54 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Arrghh, my posts keep disappearing! Anyway-I'm in for another sober weekend!
Old 07-07-2022, 12:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ugh, and I just saw the Wimbledon news that Nadal is out. Kyrgios to the final, bleh.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh, I see. Well, I think Kyrgios would have beaten him pretty easily. So, sad for Nadal, but probably the same result.

........I get upset when I see politics discussed here. We are not allowed to discuss politics, and I am pretty sure everyone knows that.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Went and briefly tried some surf skis. They do not rent them, but they do trial them to see if we would be interested in buying. Very fun!
Old 07-07-2022, 01:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My sister loves Nadal. She'll be crushed. I hope he's ok and not hurt. I saw a match he played in a day or so ago and he was great. I like the way he conducts himself.