Notices

Let me Drive

Old 06-30-2022, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let me Drive

I have had control issues all my life, because as a child, my world was beyond my control, and I suffered.

So I controlled me, and I became a perfectionist. 4.3 GPA in college.

Everything I did as an adult, I did 150%, my dads words ringing in my ears, as I went about ANY task, “NEVER DO ANYTHING HALF, no one will appreciate it. Not your employer, your future spouse, your future children, or yourself”

So I planned everything, my life, to do lists, cleaned everything. Kept my life straight. Trusted people to an extent after years of therapy. I even began to drink at 150%. So as my life changed, so must I, and old ways no longer work. New ways of thinking, of being, come into play with thought, and trial and error, and now tend to serve me well.

I was asking my spouse about a trip we planned, we are flying to a lifelong destination. I don’t even know what time our flight is, or how this trip works, so I asked a few questions. “ Which room is ours on the ship? How does this tour work? How do we make dinner choices? What shall we plan on our down time?”

For me, this was an amazing accomplishment, because 22 years ago, I would have known and planned it all to the minute, so I could be prepared for anything. I’m thinking just two days before, wow! I have just trust the universe and my spouse. It’s hard. But I NEEDED to know, because……. Well, anyway:

The answer, was, “Please let me drive!”

!?!? 🧐🤨

I was so confused. I thought we were flying to this place. I said as much to his reply.

Hubby: ”Please trust me, please go with the flow, and don’t worry. Really.” “That’s what I mean by driving. Let me lead, or trust that I will take care of us. Of you.”

🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

Happy tears, tears of wow. Just wow.

And I realize I can let others drive me at times, and I can trust, and I can choose the path too. This is one of the things I’m slowly changing and rediscovering. Trust in others to care for me, and trusting myself to care for, and love, me. Being more careful with whom I am a passenger with, and who or what I let drive.

The most powerful thing I have let happen yet, is to let my higher power ‘drive’.

My higher power says, “Let me drive”. I hear it calling, and I listen.
My AV says, “Let ME drive 😈
I do not engage, I will not let IT drive.

Feeling empowered. 💪🏼🦶🏼🦵🏼👄🤚🏼🧠
I do drive my arms, hands, legs, feet, mouth and brain, AND I can trust me and my choices more than I ever have.

I am a passenger and a participant toward freedom, trust, and peace outwardly in others as well as inwardly.

I have heard my AV, “Let me drive”, I ignore, and do not engage.
I have heard my soul, “Let me drive”, I’m listening-I hear “Please save me”
I hear my husband, “Let me drive”, and I hear, “I love you, and everything’s going to be ok. I’ve got your back.”
I hear my higher power, “Let me drive”, and I relinquish my egotistical control, and let my soul heal and absorb the journey, enjoy the views, feel the feelings, and know-, deeply know, I’m gonna be ok.

It’s all gonna be ok.

Thank you all, SR, all of the souls that touch me, you all do.

You are, indeed, the vessel of that wonderful energy, my Higher Power.

Do you hear the whisper? Where is it coming from? Do you trust it? Should you?

Good food for thought no matter where you are on the path.

🤓❤️

Old 06-30-2022, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I gained a lot by giving up my need to control everything
Good thread Free
D
Old 07-01-2022, 12:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome post Free ☺️ I love your insights and deep musings, another great gem ❤️
Old 07-01-2022, 12:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this Free🙏🏽 ❤ 👂
Old 07-01-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So happy for you, and where you are on your journey, Free. Thanks for sharing, and I hope that you have a blast on your trip.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post, thank you. You articulate your thoughts so beautifully.
Sometimes it's difficult to have faith and trust, at least I am finding this to be so. Taking the time to make good choices will put me in a better place.
I hope you have a fabulous trip!
Old 07-01-2022, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Woot woot!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, responders and lurkers alike.

This place, this gathering of souls, collective souls, is real, and the energy is palpable.

To those thinking about being free from the chains of addiction, or our own chains of perfectionism, or of being afraid to move away from that addict to protect ourselves, or any walls we build around us that at one time protected us but now suffocate us——support helps.

Community of understanding is understated in how much that helps.

So whatever you need, out of that relationship that is harming you and your family, away from the chains of addiction to meth, alcohol, pot, eating, self hatred——freedom is at your fingertips.

Big hugs,

🤓❤️

Stay close.

You are going to be okay. Really.

Let the universe drive in conjunction with good choices, which happen to exponentially get easier and smarter with time away from that which is killing us physically and/or spiritually.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Free, I could not have said it better!
Old 07-01-2022, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

A fantastic post Free.

How good it is. The Now. The ok. The trust.

Thanks Free.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Steely 😍
Old 07-01-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Truly inspirational Free and very moving, I relate totally to the control issues, you have given me much food for thought. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2022, 05:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great post, Free. Enjoy letting someone else drive!
Old 07-01-2022, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks classmates, it’s a good thing for me to work on……
Old 07-01-2022, 07:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by free2bme888 View Post
i have had control issues all my life, because as a child, my world was beyond my control, and i suffered.

So i controlled me, and i became a perfectionist. 4.3 gpa in college.

everything i did as an adult, i did 150%, my dads words ringing in my ears, as i went about any task, “never do anything half, no one will appreciate it. Not your employer, your future spouse, your future children, or yourself”

so i planned everything, my life, to do lists, cleaned everything. Kept my life straight. Trusted people to an extent after years of therapy. I even began to drink at 150%. So as my life changed, so must i, and old ways no longer work. New ways of thinking, of being, come into play with thought, and trial and error, and now tend to serve me well.

I was asking my spouse about a trip we planned, we are flying to a lifelong destination. I don’t even know what time our flight is, or how this trip works, so i asked a few questions. “ which room is ours on the ship? How does this tour work? How do we make dinner choices? What shall we plan on our down time?”

for me, this was an amazing accomplishment, because 22 years ago, i would have known and planned it all to the minute, so i could be prepared for anything. I’m thinking just two days before, wow! I have just trust the universe and my spouse. It’s hard. But i needed to know, because……. Well, anyway:

The answer, was, “please let me drive!”

!?!? 🧐🤨

i was so confused. I thought we were flying to this place. I said as much to his reply.

Hubby: ”please trust me, please go with the flow, and don’t worry. Really.” “that’s what i mean by driving. Let me lead, or trust that i will take care of us. Of you.”

🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

happy tears, tears of wow. Just wow.

And i realize i can let others drive me at times, and i can trust, and i can choose the path too. This is one of the things i’m slowly changing and rediscovering. Trust in others to care for me, and trusting myself to care for, and love, me. Being more careful with whom i am a passenger with, and who or what i let drive.

The most powerful thing i have let happen yet, is to let my higher power ‘drive’.

My higher power says, “let me drive”. I hear it calling, and i listen.
My av says, “let me drive 😈
i do not engage, i will not let it drive.

Feeling empowered. 💪🏼🦶🏼🦵🏼👄🤚🏼🧠
i do drive my arms, hands, legs, feet, mouth and brain, and i can trust me and my choices more than i ever have.

I am a passenger and a participant toward freedom, trust, and peace outwardly in others as well as inwardly.

i have heard my av, “let me drive”, i ignore, and do not engage.
i have heard my soul, “let me drive”, i’m listening-i hear “please save me”
i hear my husband, “let me drive”, and i hear, “i love you, and everything’s going to be ok. I’ve got your back.”
i hear my higher power, “let me drive”, and i relinquish my egotistical control, and let my soul heal and absorb the journey, enjoy the views, feel the feelings, and know-, deeply know, i’m gonna be ok.

it’s all gonna be ok.

Thank you all, sr, all of the souls that touch me, you all do.

You are, indeed, the vessel of that wonderful energy, my higher power.

Do you hear the whisper? Where is it coming from? Do you trust it? Should you?

Good food for thought no matter where you are on the path.

🤓❤️
excellent!!!!!
Old 07-01-2022, 08:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yah.. me too. Same issues, same cause.

Been pretty controlling all my life - kept an iron grip on lot's of things, including my drinking actually. But it's a massive effort.

Far better to let the universe, and higher power take charge. Thanks for the great post, Free.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Excellent! Have a wonderful trip in the passenger seat!
Old 07-01-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Free for that excellent post. You are so insightful. You seem to be doing so well on your journey 😊👏💕
Old 07-02-2022, 05:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wonderful, Free! Growth is so powerful.
Letting go and letting someone else/ something else drive.

I cant wait to hear about this trip. I am so so happy for you.