Notices

Am I literally insane?

Old 06-24-2022, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I literally insane?

The Prozac and the booze and the anxiety and the depression? I think I might be insane. Fully disappeared from the reality of the world. But even if that's so, is that so terrible when the world itself has got an awful lot to answer for? **** this world, of oneupmanship: it's just a world of people trying to get one up on each other, is it not?

No, I'm the most tolerant.

No, I'm the most fun.

No, I'm the most sociable.

No, I'm the ******* prettiest.

Etc.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt I was insane a few times but turns out it was nothing that not drinking couldn't fix Tetrax.
You can drink at other people or the world as much as you like but you'll never drink enough to change things.

Sober you...who knows what you could do?

Getting sober will help the prozac work like it should too.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Addiction makes us insane, it is like a living hell. Your insanity will improve as you enter recovery. Bit by bit you will heal.

Tetrax, I know you can do it.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't think you're insane, Tetrax! You can do this.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't think you're insane Tetrax. I think you are living under very difficult conditions at the moment, and still drinking.

Forever while you're still drinking and taking Prozac you will never change your view of yourself, or the world. You will remain stuck in a pseudo insanity more angry and disappointed in yourself, more than others. The old projection trick.

Does the Prozac help, or could it also be problematic? Idk. I do know that you shouldn't take both together. Never be able to think straight. Stuck.

Embrace sobriety Tetrax, it's a good hug.

Old 06-25-2022, 04:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a difficult world to live in for many, there is no doubt about that. Drinking will not make it any better.
Sobriety will make it better for you.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The Prozac and booze together would intensify the anxiety and depression for me X 100. I really hope you choose to put down the bottle and let the medication work on its own as prescribed.

I know your living situation is difficult, but I think getting sober is your logical first step to another outcome. Have you heard back about the email you sent yet?

Hope today you can get some good food, take a walk, and start your Day 1 Tetrax.
You aren’t insane—just hurting and struggling to beat this damn addiction we all are fighting too.

You aren’t alone.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The cycle of addiction did feel like true madness, and there were days I questioned my own sanity for sure. But I couldn't see the world or my role in it clearly, and bad was terrible and good was so distorted there was no joy in it. I know you are in a difficult place- but I promise that drinking makes nothing better. Nothing. The thing I found most helpful in the very beginning was not thinking too much about anything except not drinking no matter what, and as the days sober increased, it was easier to focus and slowly control other things in my life, as well as let go of the things I could not. Make sobriety a priority and so many other things become less important. You can do this, I know it.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know who's insane, so I don't know if you are, but I doubt it. The end of my downward spiral, just before I quit drinking, I felt insane. My behavior was out of control, and my mind was a total mess. Of course, this doesn't answer your question. All I know for sure is that drinking won't help, and will probably make it worse.